Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Davis and White break their world record in the short dance with a score of 76.89 !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valpadana View Post
    Davis and White break their world record in the short dance with a score of 76.89 !!!!
    Technically not, I believe. The records are in international competition only.

This is easily the best they've ever done this program! I hope they skate it like this at worlds because it was AMAZING! And I love the new ending.

vCash
    Yay!!! New move!! and at the very end. Thank you Meryl and Charlie. I was really hoping to see something new. That was fun. Love the new dress!

vCash
    Was not expecting that ending, but loved it!! What a great performance; ITA, the best by far and away I've seen them dance this number.

Also, shout out to Hubbell/Donohue-I was always a Hubbell/Hubbell fan, but she's blossomed with Zach. What a great performance from them as well.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I've got a really rough copy of the SD uploaded: http://youtu.be/m0VkbrFL0lk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I've got a really rough copy of the SD uploaded: http://youtu.be/m0VkbrFL0lk
    Tank you very much !! Now I can go to sleep happy !! (In Italy it's very late!!) Oh girls, I adore them!!!

vCash
    Loved it, of course! Great job, their expression was fantastic. Loved the new ending and Meryl's new dress! Thanks, too, for the vid, literaryfreak!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I am expecting a bit lower, precisely because the levels 4's are so tricky on the step sequences.

I am hoping they will keep the level 4 on the circular step in the SD (theirs at GPF was !! and on the 2 rhumba sequences. The two sets of steps in the FD are in the laps of the tech panel.
    They received three L4s and one L3:

Level Fours for :

- Non-touching Circular Steps (Yessss!!!): Base value 8.00 + 2.43 GOE = 10.43
    - Rhumba pattern (Judges' side): Base value 7.00 + 1.00 GOE = 8.00
    - Synchonized Twizzles: Base value 6.00 + 1.50 GOE = 7.5

Level Three for:

- Rhumba patterns (Opposite side ): Base value 6.00 + 1.00 GOE = 7.00

vCash
    Great performance. I like all of the little changes in the choreography. I was very nervous for them, as the SD can be unpredictable. I'm so glad I was nervous for nothing!!

Can't wait for the FD!!!

Thanks for uploading the video literaryfreak. It was nice to see again.

vCash
    Just realized, I'm going to be at work during the FD.

vCash
    They were fantastic today! Really stepped it up. What was so fun to see was that they were in utter control when they needed to be but also there was a casualness and slight throw-away feel to it that made you feel like it was fun and no big deal.

They really owned that program and the arena.

One fun thing that US Figureskating tweeted was that the music that plays for the upcoming skater during the wait before the last skater's score announcement is something of that skater's own choosing. I liked hearing the songs bc in some cases it really gave you a window into what motivated that skater or skating couple.

For Meryl and Charlie it was "Superstar" by Lupe Fiasco
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1EreTOvelQ

Interesting choice.

Slightly off-topic but my favorite pre-competitive number song selection was for Samuelson and Gilles- it was Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror." Emily was singing the lyrics to herself during their little warm-up you could tell that the lyrics about changing really spoke to her. It was heart-warming to see.

Can't wait until the FD tomorrow.

vCash
    That was a fabulous SD It looked like they were having fun. I loved Meryl's dress and the new ending. In one of the articles, Marina mentioned how they were trying to keep this POTO-recycled-lift under wraps to see how people/judges reacted to it.

The tweetseat responses are on icenetwork now…this was quite funny
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/

I think these press conference reporters need to get a little creative in asking their questions. It seems like they have been asking the same ones over and over and over again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Just realized, I'm going to be at work during the FD.

Me too.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    They were fantastic today! Really stepped it up. What was so fun to see was that they were in utter control when they needed to be but also there was a casualness and slight throw-away feel to it that made you feel like it was fun and no big deal.

One fun thing that US Figureskating tweeted was that the music that plays for the upcoming skater during the wait before the last skater's score announcement is something of that skater's own choosing. I liked hearing the songs bc in some cases it really gave you a window into what motivated that skater or skating couple.

Interesting choice.

Slightly off-topic but my favorite pre-competitive number song selection was for Samuelson and Gilles- it was Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror." Emily was singing the lyrics to herself during their little warm-up you could tell that the lyrics about changing really spoke to her. It was heart-warming to see.

Can't wait until the FD tomorrow.
    Thanks for the review from the stadium! And that's a really interesting piece of info about warm-up music. I think I've seen Charlie list Lupe Fiasco as one of his favorite artists somewhere, so I'm wondering if that's his choice and if it will be the same in the FD.

LOVED all the changes in the SD:

-They changed the beginning to face each other at one point and I think it works much better, interacting with each other.

-The new ending is so explosive, beats the pants off the old ending. I wonder if this lift was originally meant to be a scored rotational lift or a non-element choreography lift at the end of POTO.

-Charlie mentioned in the telelconference before the event that they were adding more spots where they look at each other, and I saw quite a few glances here that I hadn't noticed before. There's closing out the end of the 2nd rhumba sequence that I thought was particularly effective.

-Love Meryl's look at the beginning. She has really transformed over the years.

Someone has uploaded a much better version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuQAo...ature=youtu.be. If you hadn't noticed, my icenetwork feed was off by a few beats, but I wasn't sure if it was a audio mistake or if D/W decided to let the music go for a measure before beginning. It threw off the entire dance for me. I'm glad to see it's just my video and that D/W do start with the music.

ETA: Are you going to the FD, missysays?
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 01-28-2012 at 06:34 PM.

vCash
    Wow....!!!Meryl Davis and Charlie White : score of 114.65, a new personal best in the free..!!

vCash
    Great skate!! I'm so pleased for them.

vCash
    Loved it! Just checked the protocols ... they got a 10.00 for IN! (lowest score was one 9.75 and since it was tossed out, the rest all avg. out to 10.00).

vCash
    I think all the superlatives have already been used for this program. It is stunning and they just keep getting better and better.

vCash
    WOW, another beautiful program from Meryl and Charlie. Just love to watch them skate. They have been working on connecting more with each other on the ice in both programs and I like the small changes. I really wish it had worked out that I could go to 4 Continents and see them live but am saving my money for Omaha next January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post

Interesting choice.
    Great performance and I LOVE the new dress (though I also loved the old dress on Meryl). They looked like they sunk into the rhythm more and they just flew. I especially love their side-by-side circular. This dance is progressing nicely, and I can't wait to see it at 4CC. I would like to see Charlie use the rhythm even more.

Lupe Fiasco is one of my favourite artists, so I really like this choice. Thanks for sharing--I had no idea they chose this music.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast