Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dlynndao View Post
    Hallelujah!! New video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8OG2sDrXY
    Now you can enjoy

Thank you, literaryfreak! After YT rejected the first re-upload, I reduced the file size/converted to wmv and YT seemed to like that better. The quality isn't quite as high, but by golly, at least it's up

Pro/Am shows don't come often to the Chicagoland area, so when they announced D/W as part of the cast, I made sure to buy tickets as soon as I could. Even at the lowest ticket price, we were 6th row from the ice on the stage end. Great experience, still in disbelief that I had an opportunity to see D/W live!
    Yay, I'm glad that worked for you! Wmv, that's it, I knew I was spelling something wrong...

I had a scare the one time D/W were near me, with the ticket guy over the phone claiming tickets were sold out. Turns out he was wrong, whew! Your seating seems really great, I can make out the expressions on their faces in your video! I remember I was audibly freaking out during the video I took that I was seeing D/W live, especially for the twizzles, which is stupid because it's an exhibition. Thank you again for this!

I just gotta say, their skating looks even more improved here! So soft, flowing and fast! I wonder if all the work with the complex transitions in last year's FD has paid off in that they can now skate even faster than ever when not in hold. Is it just me or is Meryl's leg line fantastic here? There are a good number of moves that showcase it. Especially that arabesque about :30 from the end, where she's gliding on one foot and they're holding on to each other by their necks, is gorgeous, I hope they makes it into one of their competition programs. There's also another new slide on boot move right after that I thought was interesting and really pretty too. I hope Meryl gets to keep that dress, I especially love the back cutout.

The moves all happen so fast, I wish they could slow it down, but not as much as the 1st version of the video!

ETA: I meant to add, I also love love that up-and-down slide on boot move near the beginning too. So much to like here, it's been a while since I gushed!
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 09-26-2011 at 07:59 AM.

vCash
    Thanks so much! It was just gorgeous.

I'm happy that they put that back camel pair spin back in it.

What was their second number.

BTW I thought Meryl's leg line looked really good in the program, too!

What did they skate to in their second number?

vCash
    Thanks for uploading….it was wonderful …I liked the new moves.

Doris- I believe they skated to "Rhythm of Love" and "The Way I Am" for the second number.

vCash
    What a nice contrast between the two choices for programs!

vCash
    Couldn't stay up any later last night but thank you dylnndao for doing so and I love the video! Wow, they just look fantastic. Just so fast and they skate like one better than they ever have. The biggest improvement I see is how fluid they look. They have the speed but it doesn't look "frantic" anymore, not at all to me. So many great moves, like the ones literaryfreak mentioned and I loved that last rotational lift, the speed Charlie got was incredible.

Meryl looks amazing here, her leg line is gorgeous, she has worked so hard over the years and I can definitely see the improvement. She doesn't need to wish she had the long legs that some have, her beauty out there on the ice is second to none, imo. Charlie looks so strong out there, their lifts are just so smooth and effortless.

Oh yeah, literaryfreak, let the gushing begin!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Simply divine! Love the new variation on the lift where Meryl stands on Charlie's leg, and also the move where she was in a split position with one leg resting on his calf. And the split lift is crazy! I wonder if it will be part of the SD.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Beautiful routine!

(I think I'm the only person on Earth who prefers Sierra Hull's cover of the song. But it's pretty in any event.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I love this program, partly because I love this song by Adele. The flow of the skating works so well with the music. One of the things I noticed after watching it a couple of times was that there are no twizzles. Even though D and W have the great twizzles, I really enjoy the smoothness of the program without them. And I too noticed Meryl's beautiful leg line in many of the moves, so pretty to see from her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Couldn't stay up any later last night but thank you dylnndao for doing so and I love the video! Wow, they just look fantastic. Just so fast and they skate like one better than they ever have. The biggest improvement I see is how fluid they look. They have the speed but it doesn't look "frantic" anymore, not at all to me. So many great moves, like the ones literaryfreak mentioned and I loved that last rotational lift, the speed Charlie got was incredible.
    You're very welcome, glad I could share their gorgeous program This was the first live skating event I've gotten tickets to attend, and it was mostly to see D/W. I didn't think the photos/videos would turn out, so when they did, come hell or high water I was determined to get them up! YT =

I agree that sometimes they can look a little frantic, understandably w/ their fast-paced, jam-packed programs, but they are beautifully fluid here. The music, choreography...such a great combination for them! Also: they skated w/ great flow and speed, despite the smaller rink, and their edges clean and silent. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Simply divine! Love the new variation on the lift where Meryl stands on Charlie's leg, and also the move where she was in a split position with one leg resting on his calf. And the split lift is crazy! I wonder if it will be part of the SD.
    Love the split rotational lift too, and the little hop/lunge combination at 0:54. SO FLUID. Boggles the mind!

Better save my fangirling for the GP...can't wait!
    Last edited by dlynndao; 09-27-2011 at 12:50 AM.

vCash
    I love the new exhibition!!! Too many beautiful moments to mention, but the split rotational lift is

Thank you for uploading and reuploading dylnndao!!

vCash
    I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said so I'm just going to go with: beautiful.

Thanks so much for the video!

vCash
    This thread needs a bump…some kind soul posted some practice videos in their channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/srae1971

Here's a better look at the split rotational lift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDVaJZgpW5o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    This thread needs a bump…some kind soul posted some practice videos in their channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/srae1971

Here's a better look at the split rotational lift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDVaJZgpW5o
    Those were nice! Thanks, mollymgr!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    One of the videos give a better view of the start of the program. You can see a bit more interaction at the beginning than the other video which seems to start a little bit after the beginning. I like it!
    Thanks so much to the video posters! I love being able to see new Meryl and Charlie videos. I like what I see. Beautiful program and I'm excited to see it grow throughout the season.

vCash
    Meryl's legline looks lovely! There is much more fluidity to their skating, just based on these videos (thanks to those who posted them!) Can't wait to see them this season.

And I know this is an odd time to think of music suggestions, but I was curious if anyone thought that The Nightmare Before Christmas could be good for them? The Corpse Bride has been suggested for them before, and I think it would be fun to see them go a sort of darker, but fun, route.

vCash
    Now you can enjoy
    OMG, it's stunning!!!

And it's such a pleasure to watch them improve and develop. This is probably the most elegant and mature program I've ever seen from them. So soft and smooth and perfect and the lifts are so gorgeous!

Ok, they're totally my ice dance heroes. I don't even care that I don't like their FD music choice anymore

vCash
    I like it very much! I clearly see chymistry in a special way between them. And I'm sure they both have improvements. They have that flight, that special style but more polish now. Glad for them .

vCash
    I love that exhibition!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I have to say, I'm getting this warm feeling of giddiness about this upcoming season. If their FD has similar style of movement as this exhibition, woohoo, look out! I just love all the beautiful shapes they make here, I think stuff like that instantly pulls the audience in. Like that 2nd lift, I think it's cool how they turned the incredibly technical, powerful lift from Phantom into something so floaty and light here.

It's amazing how a stronger leg line makes a move look 10x better, IMO, it's like a magnifying glass in a good way. Even Charlie looks like he's been hitting the ballet classes - I think he's extending through the fingertips and rounding his arms more, I'm impressed! It does, to me, look like he's throwing Meryl around a bit, in his exuberance, but it is the first time out for this program. I like that they brought back the move from Polovetsian Dances where Meryl is parallel to the ice, I just wish it had more time to breathe.

For years I've thought D/W already have a beautiful flow (Sarabande, Polovetsian Dances, Eleanor Rigby...), and I'm excited if it will be emphasized this season. I too think their natural power is still apparent and will add a nice, unique sheen to any softer skating they do - and I personally consider power/softness to be the holy grail of figure skating, especially ice dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Meryl looks amazing here, her leg line is gorgeous, she has worked so hard over the years and I can definitely see the improvement. She doesn't need to wish she had the long legs that some have, her beauty out there on the ice is second to none, imo.
    if you just work on extension, toe point and hip turnout, you wont need long legs. just look at katia gordeeva!

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast