Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nanowrimo 2011

vCash
    I'm at 21,836 and was planning to spend the day in bed, but I've set up at Write-in so I guess I should go!!

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I'm at 10,250, so half the word count of what I should have. That's okay though. I knew with everything else I have to do this month that I wouldn't be able to finish, so set a personal goal of 25,000 words (and then write the other 25,000 in December). So I'm in about the right place to meet the personal goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    but I've been trying to force myself to slog through the parts of the story where I didn't exactly plan out what was going to happen.
    Plan? What's that?
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    I used the validator for the first time today - 23,849 words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post

Plan? What's that?
    Something I don't have at the moment, definitely. I've got a good idea of what happens at the end, but I'm running out of story on how to get there, so I'm winging it. I figure I can go back in January and try to rewrite everything so that it makes sense. (Or just give up.)

And I like the Nano validator -- it actually gave me about 100 more words than Scrivener did!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    I'm sitting just over 39K, but that's quite normal pacing for me.

Actually I planned to stay on the right track this year, keeping to the 1667-2000 words every day, but it turns out, I can't do that.

This only sucks as I'm still ML-ing for Hungary, and I need to stick around until the end of thw month, and I'm quite sure the story will be over by 60K tops, probably before that.

vCash
    47,697 words. And my inspiration is gone

vCash
    That's an awesome word count, though!

I'm at about 35,000 right now -- went on a few writing frenzies in the last couple of days and built up a surplus because I might need to take a day or two off this week.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    47,697 words. And my inspiration is gone
    You're so close though! Time to go back and fill in some detail? Where it's needed or not?

I didn't get anything written last night, and tonight and tomorrow night my in-laws are in town, so I won't be able to do anything more until the weekend. And at some point soon I need to write my overseas Chrismas cards, as they'll need posting first week of December. I want to write, but real life is getting in the way!
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    You're so close though! Time to go back and fill in some detail? Where it's needed or not?
    Yeah, but now I'm bored

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    I just crossed the line last night

vCash
    Congrats, Poggi!

38006, but it's getting a little harder. I know what I want to happen at the end of the story, but I'm not entirely clear on how to get there from where I am now, and the ideas aren't coming like they were before.

vCash
    I'm definitely going to clear 50,000 words tonight. *gulp*

I'm nowhere near done with the story yet, though.

vCash
    50,259 words A little more to write, but I think I'll be done by the end of November

How's everyone else doing?

vCash
    53837! I'm not going to be able to write for the next couple of days because of Thanksgiving travel, but I think I can envision how things are going to play through to the end of the novel now. Hoping I can get it all wrapped up by the 30th.

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Not sure I'll make my personal goal any more. Just haven't had time to work on it this week. Well, I would have done tonight, but it was such an exhausting day at work that I don't actually have the energy. I want to keep working on it though, so will be continuing on into December.

vCash
    50,122!

It's nowhere near a complete draft, but 50,122!!!!
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Good job Lanna!

I finished! 61993 words, and I even completed the story! It's not good right now, and it's going to need a boatload of revision come January when I start looking at it again, but I can't believe I actually finished the whole thing.

vCash
    Lanna and CynicElle!

This year was the most boring for write-ins for me, how was it for everyone else?

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I had to give up. There's just been too much else going on this month. I'm editing the journal of a society to which I belong, and the deadline is this week, plus work has been crazy lately which has been quite exhausting.

Not giving up on the story I'm writing, but the timing has just been bad this year.

Congratulations to everyone who's got over the line.

vCash
    Not giving up on the story I'm writing
    Don't feel bad - this is the most important thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast