Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    Did anyone else catch tonight's episode?
    Of course!

I think it's the best episode since the premiere, granted all of them have been good but this one stands out. It's so well written with Nikita and Alex's storyline's woven together excellently. The writers are doing a good job balancing both Nikita and Alex with their strained relationship. I also like that there's more of continuity with this episode from the last.
    It seems to me it's a given that Nikita and Alex will be best buddies...at some point. I liked that with this episode, we got to see that could well be the case, rather than just something I hope for!

My biggest fear for a show like Nikita is doing monster-of-the-week plots since there was quite a few episodes like that last season and while the episodes were intriguing, it could have been used more wisely (eg: The Recruit episode, where Division finds their new cleaner and he hasn't appeared since then)
    I liked tonight's episode and thought early on that the ex-partner was going to be another person to add to the team. Which would have made it three males and three females (well, when Alex re-joins the team). Oh wait...is Owen working for one of the bad guys??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I liked tonight's episode and thought early on that the ex-partner was going to be another person to add to the team. Which would have made it three males and three females (well, when Alex re-joins the team). Oh wait...is Owen working for one of the bad guys??
    I thought her ex-partner could have had a spot in the team but as the episode went on, I was taking bets with my viewing buddy on who was

Spoiler

and well... I lost.

About Owen ... yes and no? It's another shining example of Owen's lack of planning. I could see why he was a cleaner and not a field agent during his time.

He has a separate business arrangement with Gogol to find all the black boxes, kill the guardians and Percy but he is also working with Nikita at the same time. His only agreement with Ari is that Ari stays the hell away from Nikita or else! I think the motivation behind the deal is that Owen is frequently traveling aboard without any resources (which Gogol could supply) and the guardians fled their current locations since the imprisonment of Percy.

Seeing as the writers have been good with pulling out shockers and how the new Oversight guy has been promoted to regular (whereas Devon Sawa has not), I'm nervous for his character. Of the younger male characters, Owen (next to Birkoff) is so much more fun.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So what's with Percy's glass cell? To humiliate him by giving him no privacy? Is there a toilet in that well-lit cell? () Or is he so dangerous that he needs to be visibile from 360 degrees??

And what about Amanda's spitefulness? Having that agent killed just before Alex and Sean are ready to save her? Wow, don't mess with Amanda!

Wondering if Nikita will tell Michael that Max is his son. I understand Cassandra wanting to keep everyone safe. But I don't think secrets are good to have, they come back and bite you in the butt eventually. Plus they can put a divide between people, and I don't want to see that happen to Nikita and Michael. So I'm hoping Nikita finds a way to let Michael know, and that trying to have a relationship with his son could put them all in danger...

Final thought: is something brewing between Alex and Sean? I hope so!! He's hot and Alex needs some lovin'!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Did anyone see the Lifetime movie "Five"? It was five separate but interrelated stories about people diealing with breast cancer. Alex was in one of them as an exotic dancer who is worried that her husband (a small time mob enforcer) won't want to be with her after surgery. She did a good job in the role.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So what's with Percy's glass cell? To humiliate him by giving him no privacy? Is there a toilet in that well-lit cell? () Or is he so dangerous that he needs to be visibile from 360 degrees??
    Humiliation is the best revenge. Amanda would have had him killed and dissolved had Michael not ran off with the black box after the season finale. Since the box is in the hands of Nikita, Percy had given orders to the remaining guardians to flee their current locations and are MIA. Since Percy has a photographic memory, Amanda needs to keep him alive to get the info on whats in the box out of him.

And what about Amanda's spitefulness? Having that agent killed just before Alex and Sean are ready to save her? Wow, don't mess with Amanda!
    I think it was more strategy. Amanda purposely made the guy angry so he would kill the agent and it would inspire Alex and Sean to kill the general as Amanda originally planned. Alex was asked to assassinate him but refused which was why the agent was sent in Alex's place.

Final thought: is something brewing between Alex and Sean? I hope so!! He's hot and Alex needs some lovin'!
    News outlets reported that he was a potential love interest for Alex when he was casted, so maybe! It's hilarious because he is the second male character introduced to the story that had some personality and motivation after Owen. Ryan and next-door-neighbor-Nathan were brought into be love interests for Nikita and Alex, respectively but both were poorly written and poorly-received by fans.

vCash
    OMG, my head is spinning. Nikita rules! Amanda wants to take down Oversight? And Sean is the Senator's son? I wonder who the dad is in all this.

Gaines also played a sleezy stockbroker type on Revenge. Obviously, the actor has found his niche.

Fantastic episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    OMG, my head is spinning. Nikita rules! Amanda wants to take down Oversight? And Sean is the Senator's son? I wonder who the dad is in all this.

Gaines also played a sleezy stockbroker type on Revenge. Obviously, the actor has found his niche.

Fantastic episode.
    Best ep so far! It's hard-hitting on the character development for the core characters. While Michael has a point, I can't really stand his character. I was never too crazy about him even in season 1. Ryan Fletcher remains as Nikita's best male partner and I'm surprisingly glad that he was around (wasn't too crazy about his character at first). It would have been Owen if he wasn't such a dudder-head sometimes.

I don't think there's a single core character where we've meet both parents. We've met Nikita's foster dad and saw a pic of her foster mother, Alex's dad and mention of a mother, Sean's and Ryan's mother. In fact, even with side characters and guest stars, they're mostly single parents. I don't think it's strange since it often traces back to fairytales where one or both biological parents are gone as convenient plot devices.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I was wondering when Sean and Alex were in the park about whether Sean was a double agent. Looks like he's a good guy. I still want him and Alex to live happily ever after and make gorgeous babies. Which probably means he'll die sometime this season... However...

...I thought, "Ryan can't be dead!!" But when Nikita went to visit his mother, I thought, "crap...he's gone..." So I was surprised to see him in Amanda's lair. Perhaps Alex will find out about Ryan being alive and get word to Nikita.

As for Alex, I'm not sure why she has been given so much leeway within Division. Especially when she is so forward in stating how she is not with them. Is it because she has a tie to Nikita, who Division wants to take down? Any other reason Division has taken it so easy on her? Of course now Alex is on a very short leash of Amanda. (But Alex has escaped from Division before, right?)

vCash
    I missed something. At the park bench with his mother (the first time), he said he was out, and he started to make a call on his phone. Then we see Amanda in her office able to hear the conversation. Did Sean call Amanda and intentionally let her hear the conversation? Or are we to believe that she bugged him in some way and he wasn't aware the Amanda was listening in?

So glad Ryan is still alive. I loved how he explained his process is simple - he finds the answer, passes it onto Nikita, and she find the bad guy and kicks butt

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I can't figure out if Sean is lying to his Mom, or to Alex. I fear he's faithful to Momsy and is using Alex. But I want them to be a couple, so I hope I am wrong.

Funniest line of the night goes to Birkhoff (surprise, surprise). When he's on watch to see what's going on in London, he comments on Max's soccer game by saying, "...and Max just scored a goal at soccer. Holla!!"

I wasn't sure why Cassandra's handler decided to use violence in his interrogation of Michael. I get that the handler wants to know who Michael is and why he is involved, but Michael has only helped Cassandra, he has caused no harm to anyone. So why start with the violence??

My favourite behind-the-scenes player of the week. Shane West's tailor. I have not seen pants fit someone so well since Jeremy Abbott.

Couple of things in regards to Max. First, when Cassandra and Michael go for a walk, they talk all kind of heavy-duty stuff with Max right there. Yes, he won't understand most of what they are talking about, but kids do pick up on some stuff, even if some of it is just about the tone of voices. He'll sense that there's problems and dangers. It's not right for adults to do that to children. Plus, at the end of the episode, Max hugs Michael and says he will miss him. Guess they spent more time together than the few awkward minutes we saw them share??

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    I missed something. At the park bench with his mother (the first time), he said he was out, and he started to make a call on his phone. Then we see Amanda in her office able to hear the conversation. Did Sean call Amanda and intentionally let her hear the conversation? Or are we to believe that she bugged him in some way and he wasn't aware the Amanda was listening in?
    I assumed he wanted Amanda in on the conversation, although I'm not sure why. But this show is complex enough that I'm confused often. I'm more into relationships of the characters rather than the plot/espionage details.

vCash
    Whoa! Amanda is easily the scariest person on television (even scarier than Victoria on Revenge!). Her "WHAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?" made me hide underneath my blanket.

I am so relieved about Birkhoff. He and Nikita were so sweet.

vCash
    Whoa! Amanda is easily the scariest person on television (even scarier than Victoria on Revenge!). Her "WHAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?" made me hide underneath my blanket.

I am so relieved about Birkhoff. He and Nikita were so sweet.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Finally got to see last week's epsiode the other day. And now I see there's no new episode tonight...

Thoughts about last week:

Loved Nikita's freak-out when she called Michael and told him that Birkhoff had been taken by Division. I don't think I've ever seen her out of control. What I liked about it was that she finally showed that she cares about Birkhoff. Kind of surprised that Michael didn't jump on the first plane back to America to do whatever he could. And at the very least, support Nikita. Or is his son and his Mom in danger, so Michael needs to stay there to protect them?

Amanda. Wow! Now I always knew she was a bad guy. But putting a drill up inside of Birkhoff's head? That's totally whacked-out psycho. I've just never seen her character this far off the deep end...

Note to Nikita: You need a bigger team. Start recruiting!! Birkhoff should never be in the field for you. He's the brains and the money. He shouldn't be playing super-agent, even if he wants to take a turn doing so. (Doubt he'll want to after that hell he went through! Hope his hand heals!!)

Loved Nikita's response when Birkhoff thanks her for getting him out of Division: "You are so worth it." Awww!!!

vCash
    So, Division is behind Oversight, so who is behind Division?

That fight amongst Owen, Michael and the Guardian ruled. And I loved the reunion between Nikita and Alex. And I love the budding relationship between Ryan and Percy.

And I love how the Guardians dress.

Nikita rules. It is so underrated.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    ...I loved the reunion between Nikita and Alex.
    I was so glad to see that. I'm hoping after the episode ended, they had a pajama party, watched movies and ate popcorn together. Hope they stay friends now and work together kicking bad-guy butt!!

I love the budding relationship between Ryan and Percy.
    Wasn't Percy inferring violence upon Ryan at first? And then Percy is almost charming later in the episode?

I think I've realized that some of the stories are so complex that I don't know what the heck is going on! I just try to follow the basic story and enjoy the relationships of the good guys. Oh, and lots of eye candy!

vCash

That fight amongst Owen, Michael and the Guardian ruled. And I loved the reunion between Nikita and Alex. And I love the budding relationship between Ryan and Percy.

And I love how the Guardians dress.

Nikita rules. It is so underrated.
    Percy built Division with funding and the permission of Oversight. Oversight is there as a watchdog to keep Percy in check but once Percy and Oversight had fell out (which we're not told the precise reason yet), Percy started doing unsanctioned mercenary black ops to get funding so he could continue recruiting. Incidentally, when Nikita started her journey to take down Division, her original plan was to attack his source of funding by sabotaging his ops (ep1-4ish). Once she found out about the black boxes, she switched gears.

Guardian attire is very snappy and practical. at the guardian without a box

Wasn't Percy inferring violence upon Ryan at first? And then Percy is almost charming later in the episode?
    Percy bitch-slapping Ryan was amusing but at the same time, Ryan spent the entire episode trying to demoralize Percy without getting any real info.

vCash
    At least the black box concept isn't like the Rambaldi device from Alias. That whole plot contrivance killed that show IMO. Nikita needs to stay away from mythology.

vCash
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!! This episode so rocked! I cannot believe I have to wait TWO WEEKS for the next episode. Unfair!

And I want to know who Amanda called on her ultra secret cell phone. Gogal? Semek?

And thank you for a shirtless Sean in his skivvies while tied up. This show is bringin' it like no other!

vCash
    I would love for Amanda to phone up Ari Tasarov. Both of them don't like their "superiors." Excellent acting from Melinda Clarke.

I guess I am alone in my for the guardian with that really cute Canadian accent (well the actor is Canadian)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!! This episode so rocked! I cannot believe I have to wait TWO WEEKS for the next episode. Unfair!
    I think this was the best episode of the season, so far. The duelling between Percy and Amanda was top-notch, the story with Oversight in control of everything....oh wait!!! But especially the connection of the characters. When Michael came back and gave Birkhoff a hug...and then how the main four dealt with Sean (hope the main four become the main five...until Birkhoff gets his own love interest!) I want a gang like this (well, without the espionage, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    At least the black box concept isn't like the Rambaldi device from Alias. That whole plot contrivance killed that show IMO. Nikita needs to stay away from mythology.
    If I'm remembering correctly, the Rambaldi device was quite complicated...either (or both) in the working of the device and/or the storyline around it. I think my mind went fuzzy around that and I just enjoyed the characters instead.

And thank you for a shirtless Sean in his skivvies while tied up. This show is bringin' it like no other!
    I was waiting for someone to towel him off. I'm available!!!

Excellent acting from Melinda Clarke.
    I especially liked her scene when she left Percy. She closes the blinds of her office and we see her stand there in silhouette. Then when we see her face, we see her pull it together. Dramatic, but not over-the-top (which I feared might have happened).

I guess I am alone in my for the guardian with that really cute Canadian accent (well the actor is Canadian)
    Who is the guardian?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast