Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Edit to add-actually I did get Thriller before those. So I guess Thriller is the first one I remember. Did anyone NOT have Thriller when it came out?
    I've never owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Cobain wasn't "The group", all the musicians were talented.
    Which is why I think their music still holds up. A lot of "punk" groups don't have the best musicians. (I consider grunge to be a form of punk; not sure it is officially.) To some extent, that's not the point of that type of music.

But the stuff I want to listen to over and over, that I can listen to 10 years later and think "oh yeah, that's why I loved this piece" generally isn't the stuff put out by marginal musicians who haven't mastered their craft. I may love a song at the time that is sung by a pop princess auto-tuned to death or a rock group that can't keep the beat but it's because that performance grabs me at that time and place but years later the impact isn't there any more.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Edit to add-actually I did get Thriller before those. So I guess Thriller is the first one I remember. Did anyone NOT have Thriller when it came out?
    I loathed Thriller and all of the songs from it when it came out - I was New Wave all the way dammit!! Although I made sure to watch the entire Thriller video every time it was played, instead of finding something else to do/watch for 15 minutes.

Time has made me appreciate that album so much more. I still hate "The Girl is Mine", but the rest of the album is just classic.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123