Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

It has been 20 years since one of the world's greatest album came out

This should remind you how great it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg&ob=av3e

Or if you want something lighter try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FklUA...eature=related
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I got this CD for Christmas when I was 11. I feel ancient. On the other hand, CDs last pretty well, mine still works!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    I got this CD for Christmas when I was 11. I feel ancient. On the other hand, CDs last pretty well, mine still works!
    Ha Ha. I got my first alblum when I was 11, it was "Meet the Beatles". It wasn't even stereo (that came later). I still have it, and it works too.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I was confused by this thread title because I know it hasn't been 20 years since Kelly Clarkson released Breakaway.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I was confused by this thread title because I know it hasn't been 20 years since Kelly Clarkson released Breakaway.
    You haven't just said that.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You haven't just said that.
    It is my favorite album. I can't help it. Kelly is insanely good. Although I will give Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill a close 2nd place.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    OT here, but you've heard the song by Maroon 5, "Moves like Jagger?" I looked up the meaning of the song and in the comments by readers section at the bottom, someone cracked me up when they asked, "Who's Jagger?" LOL!

Makes me feel old!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    OT here, but you've heard the song by Maroon 5, "Moves like Jagger?" I looked up the meaning of the song and in the comments by readers section at the bottom, someone cracked me up when they asked, "Who's Jagger?" LOL!

Makes me feel old!
    I was walking down the street in Manhattan on the day after John Lennon was murdered and overheard someone say, "Hey, did you know that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?" That made me feel old as well.

vCash
    My first CD was Spice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I was walking down the street in Manhattan on the day after John Lennon was murdered and overheard someone say, "Hey, did you know that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?" That made me feel old as well.
    OMG

I like some Nirvana songs, but greatest album? meh.

My first CD was Ace of Base. Every song was good - because every song sounded exactly the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    OMG

I like some Nirvana songs, but greatest album? meh.
    I agree, although Aussie Willy said "one of". Of the "grunge" bands I preferred Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Vedder and Cornell could do more with their voices as well, IMO.

Cyn,

I totally agree. Love Alice in Chains!
    Last edited by jenny12; 09-24-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I agree, although Aussie Willy said "one of". Of the "grunge" bands I preferred Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Vedder and Cornell could do more with their voices as well, IMO.
    Alice in Chains - the harmonies Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell created were amazing (I always thought AIC was a far better band than Nirvana).

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Little skateycat knows the song Sliver because it's played on a kid's music podcast he listens to. He also asks whether musicians are alive or dead. He's asked me more than a couple of times why Kurt Cobain is dead.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

Banned Member
    vCash
    Wow. I bought this CD the day it came out. Only 20 years? God, I remember albums I bought 30 years ago. I tried the grunge thing but didn't really fit. This was a great album.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    My first CD was Spice.
    I agree with both of these posts.

vCash
    Not everyone may think this is one of the world's greatest albums, but it was certainly one of the most influential of its times. It showed that heavier rock/grunge would sell just as well as more poppy songs (even though there were pretty melodic songs under the loud noise), and really changed record companies' thinking as to what was "commercial".

I didn't appreciate Nevermind at all at the time, and thought that Smells Like Teen Spirit was shrieky dreck, but now I really like it.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Each generation has its own “greatest album” seems to me. For one gen., Nirvana was it. Perhaps in my antediluvian times, it was Sgt. Pepper. For those a tad younger, Dark Side of the Moon, and so on. It all depends on where your head was at.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    [QUOTE=Reuven;3300842]Each generation has its own “greatest album” seems to me. For one gen., Nirvana was it. Perhaps in my antediluvian times, it was Sgt. Pepper. For those a tad younger, Dark Side of the Moon, and so on. It all depends on where your head was at. [/

Pink Floyd! My favorite was "The Wall".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Each generation has its own “greatest album” seems to me. For one gen., Nirvana was it. Perhaps in my antediluvian times, it was Sgt. Pepper. For those a tad younger, Dark Side of the Moon, and so on. It all depends on where your head was at.
    Yep.

And my first 45? Last Kiss I wore it out. Either that or my mom broke it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a student assistant the night after the Grammy Awards. This was the year Robert Plant and Alison Kraus won a Grammy for their "Raising Sand" album.

Student: Did you watch the Grammys last night.

Me: No, I didn't.

Student: They said that old guy who won the Grammy for best bluegrass album used to sing in a rock band called Led Zeppelin. Do you remember them?

Me: Yes, I do. And that old guy was hot stuff back in the day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast