View Poll Results: Favorite (pick 3) Kristi Yamaguchi Pro routines

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doop Doop

    20 55.56%
  • Madama Butterfly

    15 41.67%
  • Fantasie Impromptu

    16 44.44%
  • Romeo & Juliet

    7 19.44%
  • Bridge over troubled water

    13 36.11%
  • Linus & Lucy

    2 5.56%
  • It's so quiet!

    8 22.22%
  • The seasons

    2 5.56%
  • Smooth

    5 13.89%
  • Power of love (Celine Dion)

    2 5.56%
  • I love you (Martina McBride)

    0 0%
  • Other

    10 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,325
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    47516

    Favorite Kristi Yamaguchi Pro routines (pick 3)

    Since Kristi Yamaguchi appeared in another thread, I started remembering her pro routines, which were varied and interesting.

    Which ones would you consider top 3 pro-routines by Kristi?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reserving a parking spot for Mao.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,685
    vCash
    83943
    Rep Power
    40930
    Not necessarily the three best, but my three favorites: Fantaisie-Impromptu, Reflections of Passion, and La Cumparsita.

    ETA: I voted for Romeo and Juliet so that "other" wouldn't have to denote two different programs.
    Last edited by falling_dance; 09-23-2011 at 08:31 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,325
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    47516
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Not necessarily the three best, but my three favorites: Fantaisie-Impromptu, Reflections of Passion, and La Cumparsita.

    ETA: I voted for Romeo and Juliet so that "other" wouldn't have to denote two different programs.
    That's the one I was trying to remember. All I could remember was 'Tango', so I did not put it on the list. I wish I could replace the Martina McBride program with this one (La cumparsita- Tango).

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,623
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15753
    Doop Doop is the best routine ever. It kind of got me into skating in a big way. Michelle Kwan drew me in but Doop Doop showed me what skating could really be like in a fun and not so serious manner.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    the Rainbow State
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,338
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    0
    The other great thing about Doop Doop is it that it could have been a legitimate amateur short program at that time. Even more so, the technical content consisted of what most top ladies would do for the next Olympic cycle (triple lutz combo, triple jump out of footwork).

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,770
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    "Reflections of Passion"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZiRSQQInQ
    Yanni is so cheesy, but for some reason this is my favorite Kristi program.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,257
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    "Reflections of Passion"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZiRSQQInQ
    Yanni is so cheesy, but for some reason this is my favorite Kristi program.
    Yes, I love this one, and this is one of my choice !
    Also, I loved Bridge over troubled water.
    And her Ex to Heart of the sunrise, at the 1999 Brian Boitano skating spectacular. I can't find any video on youtube.

    Kristi is a treasure for Figure Skating.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,985
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Love Kristi - one of my all time favorite Ladies. Kristi just did her thing amateur and pro with no drama, no crazies and definitely nothing OTT.

    1 The Seasons
    2 Madam Butterfly
    3 Romeo & Juliet

    Don't hate me - another favorite is Power of Love
    Also love Reflections of Passion, Smooth, It's So Quiet and most anything she put out there.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    the known unknown
    Age
    33
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    "Reflections of Passion"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZiRSQQInQ
    Yanni is so cheesy, but for some reason this is my favorite Kristi program.
    Yanni is NOT cheesy ! Words cannot express how much I love "Reflections of Passion", (up until 2:50min only) I've been wishing for years and years that someone would just do a completely interpretive skate to it, but I guess, the music is out of style now.

    The only other program to this piece I saw was a 90s senior pairs team with horrid costumes, zero fluid choreo and relation to music, and I was so traumatized I blocked out who they were. Kristy's is still gorgeous, but I'd love to see a non-90s choreographer give the impression of skating on a cloud that this piece deserves.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,257
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jollibee View Post
    Yanni is NOT cheesy ! Words cannot express how much I love "Reflections of Passion", (up until 2:50min only) I've been wishing for years and years that someone would just do a completely interpretive skate to it, but I guess, the music is out of style now.

    The only other program to this piece I saw was a 90s senior pairs team with horrid costumes, zero fluid choreo and relation to music, and I was so traumatized I blocked out who they were. Kristy's is still gorgeous, but I'd love to see a non-90s choreographer give the impression of skating on a cloud that this piece deserves.
    Lenka Kulovana skated to it at 1997 Euros (her LP). But it was not her best performance : landing a beautiful 3Toe/3Toe, then, attempting 4 or 5 3Sal, without any kind of success

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reserving a parking spot for Mao.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,685
    vCash
    83943
    Rep Power
    40930
    Shirene Human's 1998 Olympic SP to "Reflections of Passion" was very nice.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,257
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Shirene Human's 1998 Olympic SP to "Reflections of Passion" was very nice.
    I like this one ! This is the first time I watch it.

    What I like about Kristi's version is her softness, her lightness, and all those jumps perfectly done, at a pro competition. And she seemed to enjoy what she was doing !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •