View Poll Results: Should the Aliya Mustafina and Viktoria Komova websites be allowed to reopen?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • Don't know

0 0%

vCash

Should Russian Fed allow Aliya Mustafina/Viktoria Komova websites to reopen?

According to the following article: Full Twist Article, the webmaster behind Aliya Mustafina's, Viktoria Komova's, and other Russian gymnasts, websites has had to close them "by order of the Russian Gymnastics Federation." They report that there was a "goodbye" note on one of the websites which said:

"Unfortunately today we are closing Viktoria Komova, Aliya Mustafina, and Tatiana’s websites forever. Presently, the Artistic Gymnastics Federation of Russia is opposed (They have always been opposed and tried to close the websites) to the existance of my websites for the athletes, and wants me to completely delete my websites from the internet. The athletes and parents maintained their support, but at this time, the gymnasts aren’t capable of giving any updates anymore and I lost the required endorsements. The athletes are dependant on support from the Gymnastics Federation, and can’t oppose the wishes of the head coaches. Gymnastics is their life. I’m really sorry to announce the bad news. The websites are now gone. In order to ensure the sites don’t come online, I am required to delete all backups in my posession….Why the federation wants the sites closed? They give different answers depending on who is asking. To me, they say it’s because the gymnasts want to stop contacting me and want the federation to close their sites, but some of the gymnasts and coaches denied this was true. If a parent asks, it’s because they want to make their own official website (It’s been over a year.. no websites exist yet.) Therefore, if you want to know why, I don’t know if you can.. but you can always write, or complain to the federation and ask them to explain it."

Such a real shame. The webmasters name, according to the Full Twist article, was Alan Owen and I thought he did a really great job in keeping fans up to date.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 09-23-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I can understand if he can't have their official site and if the Russian Gymnastics Federation asked the athletes to cease all contact with him. However, why can't he keep the sites open and run a fan site? I remember when there was 1203847 Michelle Kwan fansites on the internet (I had one!) and none of them were official. Can they make him close his site or is it that they made him drop any official affiliation and therefore he decided to just stop?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    The Russians can really be uptight sometimes.