Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I love the ones with the buckles, oleada!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    MAC is having a big "Glitter and Ice" event next weekend and apparently it's inspired by the one and only Johnny Weir. He's on the invitation and it says "watch as figure skaters whirl and twirl around you" so I asked if he'd be there and was told some skaters would be there. How they plan on whirling and twirling around their small space, I have no idea.

vCash
    I agree, the buckled boots are fab, Oleada!

And thank you, everyone. I'm really proud of how the makeup turned out. Everything minus the missing lipstick hit just right. It was really strange to put it on with the photographer behind me watching, though.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So....Sephora's Friends and Family sale is coming up soon, and along with some Christmas presents I am thinking of getting a new hair dryer. I've heard those T3 dryers are amazing. I battle a lot of hair frizz, so if this dryer will both help with that and dry my hair faster I could be convinced to drop the cash on it. Then again, I could look for in on eBay too for probably even cheaper. But is it really EVERYTHING people say it is?
    YES! They are fantastic! Much quieter than regular dryers, and they do dry faster and leave my hair sleeker. I got mine on eBay for $65, which was a steal. As I'm sure you know with eBay, just be careful of knockoffs - buy from sellers who show a picture of the actual dryer, not a stock image, people who are from US, etc.

However ... I've heard that the F&F sale will only really be for "real" F&F, meaning you get a card from a Sephora employee, and the sale will not happen online. I hope it's not true.

vCash
    Is this the T3 dryer you guys are talking about? I'm interested in it...

vCash
    I got the buckled boots I think they were the ones I wanted all along but was having some last minute indecision
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    YES! They are fantastic! Much quieter than regular dryers, and they do dry faster and leave my hair sleeker. I got mine on eBay for $65, which was a steal. As I'm sure you know with eBay, just be careful of knockoffs - buy from sellers who show a picture of the actual dryer, not a stock image, people who are from US, etc.

However ... I've heard that the F&F sale will only really be for "real" F&F, meaning you get a card from a Sephora employee, and the sale will not happen online. I hope it's not true.
    I keep hearing different things about the F&F, too. Last I heard you get an individual code for a one time only order, instead of using the stock FF2011 code.

I knew you'd know about the dryer! Thank you! I guess I should look on eBay since that is way cheaper than even discounted at Sephora.

INTJ
    vCash
    I need some hair help.

I'm growing out my hair until it's long enough to donate and I haven't had hair this long since I was 13. When I started growing it out it was only a couple of inches long and now it's a couple inches past my shoulders. I have no idea what to do with it or even if I should invest in a brush (I only have a wide-tooth comb to detangle). Can anyone direct me to some scary stupid online tutorials? I generally just put some mousse in and leave it curly/crazy or straighten it if I'm trying to look a little more put together. I'd like to be able to use my new long hair though.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't have advice for you, made_in_canada, but this reminds me of my stupidity years ago when I cut off my long and lush pregnancy hair a few months after Mini-Ice was born AND DIDN'T DONATE IT! I must have been seriously sleep-deprived to space out like that.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

INTJ
    vCash
    Lol, I did the same thing when I initially cut my hair short as a teenager

I feel like I've invested so much time into growing it out (since the summer of 2008) that I should really be taking advantage of the length while I still have it.

vCash
    How curly is your hair? My curly haired friend likes this website for styling tips: http://www.naturallycurly.com/

My own hair is long and wavy, and I struggle not to straighten it, just for ease of management. I'm really not an expert, because until rcently, all I did was just straighten it. However, a diffuser is a godsend, for me. If I'm short on time, I've recently taken to using some mouse/wavy spray and drying it with a diffuser, and it looks relatively decent.

If it's wavy/curly, it's best not to use a brush.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Yes, but I guess even Amazon is being infiltrated by fakes now. The name of the seller is misspelled as AtoZCenetr instead of center, and there is recent feedback saying they received a fake item.

There's a "T3" seller on Amazon, but it appears they're selling items without a warranty and T3 does not recognize Amazon as an authorized seller of their products. There's a lot of discussion on the feedback page.

Scammers have turned eBay and Amazon into such jokes. I remember when eBay used to be really reputable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Yes, but I guess even Amazon is being infiltrated by fakes now. The name of the seller is misspelled as AtoZCenetr instead of center, and there is recent feedback saying they received a fake item.

There's a "T3" seller on Amazon, but it appears they're selling items without a warranty and T3 does not recognize Amazon as an authorized seller of their products. There's a lot of discussion on the feedback page.

Scammers have turned eBay and Amazon into such jokes. I remember when eBay used to be really reputable.
    It absolutely amazes me the amount of fakes on eBay. I've seen some absolutely laughable MAC fakes. I mean, really bad fakes, things MAC never ever produced. And people buy them!!! All it takes is a little research on a MAC collection to see what was and wasn't produced. It's sad. eBay does nothing to police what's being sol don their site. I've seen people sell used (legit) MAC items and used makeup can't be sold. They even say in the description they've used it! I've reported it and the listing never comes down. eBay doesn't care.

vCash
    Has anyone done permanent makeup? I have sparse brows (which is weird because if you look at pictures when I was younger, I gave Brooke Shields a run for her money), and my threading person penciled them in to show me what it would look like. It looks freakin' amazing.

Discuss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    I need some hair help.

I'm growing out my hair until it's long enough to donate and I haven't had hair this long since I was 13. When I started growing it out it was only a couple of inches long and now it's a couple inches past my shoulders. I have no idea what to do with it or even if I should invest in a brush (I only have a wide-tooth comb to detangle). Can anyone direct me to some scary stupid online tutorials? I generally just put some mousse in and leave it curly/crazy or straighten it if I'm trying to look a little more put together. I'd like to be able to use my new long hair though.
    *cough* I can help!
    My ritual, in my case, is failsafe. Whenever I style, I always use some kind of leave in conditioner to lock in the moisture and detangle. I brush that through my damp hair with either a paddle brush or a wide toothed comb. Then I follow with a hold product-and that can be a gel, a mousse, or a cream. I alternate between a medium-hold gel and a curl cream. I brush that through, then I use a diffuser. I flip my head upside down at first to get some extra volume, then I flip it back up. I hardly move the actual hair itself, as that can cause frizz.
    Behold, its perfect. Ignore the obnoxious expression, that's a hazard of having photo booth and too much time on your hands.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    I'll see your T3 and raise you an Icon Prive Hair Dryer, all your for the measly $700. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beaut...photoViewer=11

For that money, I expect it to clean house, cook dinner, pick up Mini Ice from school and make my hair PERFECT!

Check out other holiday gifts in that slide show.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    *cough* I can help!
    My ritual, in my case, is failsafe. Whenever I style, I always use some kind of leave in conditioner to lock in the moisture and detangle. I brush that through my damp hair with either a paddle brush or a wide toothed comb. Then I follow with a hold product-and that can be a gel, a mousse, or a cream. I alternate between a medium-hold gel and a curl cream. I brush that through, then I use a diffuser. I flip my head upside down at first to get some extra volume, then I flip it back up. I hardly move the actual hair itself, as that can cause frizz.
    Behold, its perfect. Ignore the obnoxious expression, that's a hazard of having photo booth and too much time on your hands.
    Wow!!
    Your hair is perfect!!
    And the face is funny.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Sephora Friends & Family is indeed starting today--from what it looks like, you just have to go to www.sephora.com/friends and enter your email address. I might have already placed an order.

The code is one-time use only, but that's all you need, right?

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    *cough* I can help!
    You have beautiful hair! I think I'll have to learn how to use my diffuser

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Sephora Friends & Family is indeed starting today--from what it looks like, you just have to go to www.sephora.com/friends and enter your email address. I might have already placed an order.

The code is one-time use only, but that's all you need, right?
    Thank you! I took advantage today and got my trusty Clinique High Impact mascara, eye and face creams and a Sephora nail polish in Chic and Rebel (black).

from Speedy Death

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast