Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    INTJ
    vCash
    What exactly is bb cream?
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    BB stands for beauty balm. Ok according to wikipedia is stands for blemish balm. I guess the idea is to have a cream that is a moisturizer, primer, foundation, and SPF protectant in one.
    I have oily skin and mine isn't oil free, but it still keeps oil under control without causing breakouts. And I don't have to wear foundation since it gives my skin a really nice smooth look.

vCash
    Ok, hubby has consented: I can get a Clarisonic! So, which one to get: Mia or Mia 2? Do I really need the timer & extra speed? I like to think my skin is ok, not too dry (at least for now, winter's a whole other bear), not too oily (only mildly in t-zone), with minimal hormonal acne, and minimal wrinkles. I do have some acne scars and sun spots . I'm 36 now so wrinkles are bound to happen/deepen! I don't know which one to get.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i got the travel one, i didnt think i needed the extras. i like it fine.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    My friend tried it and she got terrible breakouts and rashes from using it.
    It's just not for everyone.

In other news: Génifique is da bomb!
    You got yourselves a convert
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    In other news: Génifique is da bomb!
    You got yourselves a convert
    I'm going to have to try and get a sample of this so I can try it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post

Has anyone tried one of the many BB creams out there? According to http://www.musingsofamuse.com/ most North American releases are just tinted moisturizer. I'm glad, though, because suddenly the market is flooded with affordable, decent TMs! I like Maybelline's so far.

Try the Marcelle one. I'm loving it.

vCash
    Went to Sephora and purchased Dior's DiorShow. I can't wait to use it!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Washing off my Catwoman makeup for the second time after going to a Batman-themed dance club. I wear glasses so I elected to use black stage makeup instead of wearing a domino mask. And GODDAMN black stage makeup will show you exactly where all your pores are when you try to take it off. This is downright frightening!

For those interested, a picture of myself from the midnight showing : https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...60782222_n.jpg

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    For those interested, a picture of myself from the midnight showing : https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...60782222_n.jpg
    That looks really cool, Anita!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Try the Marcelle one. I'm loving it.
    I've liked everything I've tried by Marcelle so far! I believe they have an spf version coming out, too. Thanks for the recommendation.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    That looks really cool, Anita!
    those boots = da bomb!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Anita, I take back everything I said in the clothes thread. Wear that for your wedding!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

INTJ
    vCash
    Yowza, Anita!
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am so excited! I found a red lipstick I can wear. Went to Sephora today for half an hour in search of a red lipstick that wouldn't scare me. I am very skittish when it comes to bold lips. Luckily, a lovely salesman nailed it on the 3rd try: YSL VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY in Sweet Fig.

Goes on quite sheer but just the right amount of color, still looks red but not too stark and the best part is the incredible moisturizing action--this is really a lip balm with a ton of pigment. And it tastes delicious, like a tropical fruit.

The bad news is that it's rather pricey. But I've been good about not buying any make up or skincare for a while, excepting a nail polish, so I splurged. I love it! The staff also oooohed and aaaaahed after they made me put on LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Envy, mauve berry but the problem is it's matte and peppermint-flavored, both no-no's for me. Also looks rather intense on me, I chickened out and am happy with my new YSL instead.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 08-17-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Have you tried YSL Vernis a levrès, IceAlisa? It's something between a gloss, a stain and a lacque so you control the amount of pigment you want based on how many layers you put on and they are pretty long lasting The Sweet fig looks great though, especially for those with yellow undertones, da?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Da! I am olive-skinned and have those yellow undertones. Hence my fear of blue-based reds.

I have never tried any cosmetic products by YSL before save for a bottle of perfume many years ago. Is this Vernis anything like Guerlain Kiss Kiss Laque? I have tried that one.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    But I haven't tried the Guerlain Kiss kiss lacque I did try the Lancome Lacque though and they compare when it comes to staying power but probably the YSL is less sticky. Also say you apply 2-3 layers of it, once the lacque effect wears off, the lips maintain a uniform stained effect (sans the horrible contoured lip) but since it's a somewhat watery gloss it doesn't dry the lips...anyways, you probably have to look yourself cause it's quite a unique texture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am so excited! I found a red lipstick I can wear. Went to Sephora today for half an hour in search of a red lipstick that wouldn't scare me. I am very skittish when it comes to bold lips. Luckily, a lovely salesman nailed it on the 3rd try: YSL VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY in Sweet Fig.
    Nice color! I might have to sample that myself.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It is nice but its staying power is next to nothing. Even if you don't eat/drink anything or kiss anyone, it's mostly gone within an hour. I really like it though and will probably keep but no re-purchase.

from Speedy Death

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast