Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have a bad case of undereye circles. There is nothing you can do unless you want to subject yourself to a rather risky injection of filler into the periorbital area.

A good concealer is your friend.

For actual undereye bags, there is only one solution I am aware of--surgery.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I have a bad case of undereye circles. There is nothing you can do unless you want to subject yourself to a rather risky injection of filler into the periorbital area.

A good concealer is your friend.

For actual undereye bags, there is only one solution I am aware of--surgery.
    Well...uh....my cousin, who is my age, apparently had that. I saw her last weekend and her eyes look good. (The rest of my face looks better, fortunately. This is one the one person in my extended family with whom I'm competitive.)

A professional friend of mine here, who's ten years older, is about to have her eyes done by an opthalmic (?) surgeon, who is supposed to be the best eye guy in DC. He did Nancy Pelosi. I am waiting to download her experience. I always said, no surgery, but these dark bags are really bothering me.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    This eye potion by Garnier is the best concealer I have ever used. I recommended it to my boss and she loves it and she recommended it to her sister and she loves it. And so on and so on and so on.

And it's cheap.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Has anyone used this system? Is it worth the trouble? If not, what else is good? My problem is less puffiness and more dark circles, especially on one side.
    I too am a quick makeup gal, and bought just the BB corrector, not the concealer or the powder. I dab it on with fingertips and run my face powder brush over it while I'm doing my face powder. It works great. If you get the right color corrector, it'll work wonders.

vCash
    Speaking of Bobbi Brown, I asked my colorist -- who is also a stylist for fashion shoots and celeb events here in DC and in NY -- what to do about increasing problem of bags under eyes.

He strongly recommended Bobbi Brown concealer. So I stopped at their counter in Bloomingdales, only to discover that the BB "method" involves three different products, done in order, every morning.

Leaving alone the expense, who has the time for that? I do my makeup in less than five minutes.

Has anyone used this system? Is it worth the trouble? If not, what else is good? My problem is less puffiness and more dark circles, especially on one side.
    LOL, It's not that difficult nor is it time consuming. BB is one of favorite brands but her correctors and concealers are the some of the best. I'm not aware of a 3 step process unless they are referring moisturize with eye cream, then use corrector and then concealer. Lightly powder to set the concealer.

Hopefully you were including eye cream in your morning routine

I love Bobbi Brown because she gives simple tips on how to improve your look. Here is my blog post about BB products

I do this and it takes me like 5 minutes.
    http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/c...ler_steps.tmpl

Another tip I learned from a youtube guru Gossmakeup is to use "eye primer" under the eye before applying corrector or concealer. It helps reduce concealer creasing and if you're eye primer has properties to reduce fine lines it makes them appear less
    Last edited by topaz; 05-19-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Well...uh....my cousin, who is my age, apparently had that. I saw her last weekend and her eyes look good. (The rest of my face looks better, fortunately. This is one the one person in my extended family with whom I'm competitive.)

A professional friend of mine here, who's ten years older, is about to have her eyes done by an opthalmic (?) surgeon, who is supposed to be the best eye guy in DC. He did Nancy Pelosi. I am waiting to download her experience. I always said, no surgery, but these dark bags are really bothering me.
    Surgery will do nothing for the darkness but will take care of the bags.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Surgery will do nothing for the darkness but will take care of the bags.
    I wonder if there's any kind of laser therapy for the darkness. They do crazy things with lasers nowadays Though I think the darkness is caused by too-thin skin under the eyes and blood shows, so not sure if that's even possible to change.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I wonder if there's any kind of laser therapy for the darkness. They do crazy things with lasers nowadays Though I think the darkness is caused by too-thin skin under the eyes and blood shows, so not sure if that's even possible to change.
    Exactly. On one side you can actually see the vein under my eye, and that's not fixable.

But thanks, topaz, for the link and advice. I do use eye cream day and night. So now that I see the concealer and powder (I don't normally use the latter) come in one set, I think I will buy that and see how it works without the corrector....

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    There is a laser/surgery procedure for the dark circles under the eyes.
    The problem is that there is a really high chance of them coming back within less than 2 years.
    Believe me, I'm the queen of dark circles and I went after almost every single treatment in the book. I can have a very relaxing 12-hour sleep and it'll still look like I got punched in both eyes.

Concealer is still my best friend. I'll wear it even to the beach
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i use the space nk by terry concealer

it's the updated version of the ysl touche eclat (which never worked for me), i love it
    http://us.spacenk.com/Touche-Veloute...=SPUK401020205
    i havent had more than 3 hrs of sleep in a row in years so i think i'm a great litmus test for concealers.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Exactly. On one side you can actually see the vein under my eye, and that's not fixable.

But thanks, topaz, for the link and advice. I do use eye cream day and night. So now that I see the concealer and powder (I don't normally use the latter) come in one set, I think I will buy that and see how it works without the corrector....
    I would recommend getting the corrector alone. The corrector can be set with powder too.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    I have hereditary dark circles. They get worse when I am sick, tired or stressed out. I look like a raccoon then. My mother says it was helpful because she could tell even when I was a child as soon as I was getting sick by the darkness around my eyes.

I have used tons of different kinds of concealers. Best was a three step by Laura Mercier--Secret Camouflage. I love that, but can't afford it now. I've also used Dior's concealer, and currently have the remains of a pot of Trish Sawyer's "Eye Slept" which is a green toned concealer that I use under a drug store concealer. It works well in that combination, but apparently has been discontinued. Another that works in combination pretty well is the Benefit Eye Bright. It is a big pencil with a pink tone. I used it over a tiny bit of their eye cream and then used any regular concealer over it. Can't afford the eye cream or Eye Bright now.

Quite frankly, right now, I usually end up letting my attractive dark circles show. Southpaw--I may look for the Garnier. Thanks for the recommendation.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ladies! I've been touting this undereye concealer for a while. I've tried the Laura Mercier and pretty much all concealers on the market. But this is the way to go: Colorscience Pro Corrector Kit.

Your complexion doesn't matter because you can custom blend the shade you need, just use a cosmetic sponge not those silly little brushes that come with the kit.

It's amazing--with my undereye circles--now you see'em, now you don't. This also contains a yellow tinted concealer that makes any redness magically disappear. I've got all my friends and family hooked on this stuff.

I have those hereditary industrial strength undereye circles, like you PDilemma. They require serious stuff. This is serious stuff.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Ladies! I've been touting this undereye concealer for a while. I've tried the Laura Mercier and pretty much all concealers on the market. But this is the way to go: Colorscience Pro Corrector Kit.

Your complexion doesn't matter because you can custom blend the shade you need, just use a cosmetic sponge not those silly little brushes that come with the kit.

It's amazing--with my undereye circles--now you see'em, now you don't. This also contains a yellow tinted concealer that makes any redness magically disappear. I've got all my friends and family hooked on this stuff.

I have those hereditary industrial strength undereye circles, like you PDilemma. They require serious stuff. This is serious stuff.
    Yep, they are so much fun. It's pretty hopeless during allergy season. Or in this grad school adventure, at the end of the semester.

I recall you linking this kit before. I'd be right on it if I had the money. Someday when I am more gainfully employed again, I'll be asking you for it again.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'm not buying your concealer palette because anything that requires some sort of skill on my part wont work out
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i use the space nk by terry concealer
    The "space NK"? Didn't Captain Kirk use that to zap aliens with?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Yep, they are so much fun. It's pretty hopeless during allergy season. Or in this grad school adventure, at the end of the semester.

I recall you linking this kit before. I'd be right on it if I had the money. Someday when I am more gainfully employed again, I'll be asking you for it again.
    Yes, I've been pushing this thing ever since I discovered it--nothing else worked nearly as well. Magical. Ask for it for a Christmas gift.
    i'm not buying your concealer palette because anything that requires some sort of skill on my part wont work out
    No skills required, at least no more than putting on the rest of your make up. I think eye shadow is WAAAAAAY more complicated.

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Me too. Too many choices there. But I may go to Sephora later today and try the Laura Mercier.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Umm, IIRC the Laura Mercier is a wee palette of two. IMO it requires more skills (I don't have) than the Colorscience.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I got L'Oreal's Caresse in Impulsive Fuchsia today. It's lovely, I really like the blue undertone as it makes teeth look whiter. It's supposed to be their version of Revlon's lipbutters, which I haven't tried, but bloggers actually say this L'Oreal is better as it's much more pigmented but still feels like a balm. I love it because although it bleeds a bit on me(I have that problem with all formulas that are on the balmy side rather than sticky) it does leave a stain which brightens up the whole face and looks very natural.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast