Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Nordstrom now delivers in Brazil.
    My credit card is so screwed...
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC USA on vacation and just went to Costco and had to post here...

You can buy a HUGE Stilla palette there (39 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, 15 lip colors, 4 brushes) for not much money at all.

Can't quite remember the price but I think it was around 20 bucks or so. Such a good deal. I didn't get it as I can't wear powder blush and eyeshadows but for anyone who like Stilla....check your local Costco.

It also looked liked Borghese makes some cosmetics for Costco store brand that were selling at a good price.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Thanks for the support My BEAUTY PEEPS.

The blog site is still a work in progress but so far I'm very pleased with the layout and design.

I'll be posting regularly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

My upcoming post will on:

Makeup Forever's Spring 2012 "La Boheme" Collection
    Nars Radiance Tinted Moisturizer
    Brand Spolight(Review) on Nars
    Spring makeup Trends - Lipsticks
    skincare - my skincare routine(90% the of products are "natural")

I"ve posted a link to my brand review of Bobbi Brown and a product review of Laura Mercier's Eye Canvas Primer(new product for spring )

Laura Mercier Eye Canvas

Brand Spotlight: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Your blog is looking pretty cool
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Thanks for the support My BEAUTY PEEPS.

The blog site is still a work in progress but so far I'm very pleased with the layout and design.

I'll be posting regularly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

My upcoming post will on:

Makeup Forever's Spring 2012 "La Boheme" Collection
    Nars Radiance Tinted Moisturizer
    Brand Spolight(Review) on Nars
    Spring makeup Trends - Lipsticks
    skincare - my skincare routine(90% the of products are "natural")

I"ve posted a link to my brand review of Bobbi Brown and a product review of Laura Mercier's Eye Canvas Primer(new product for spring )

Laura Mercier Eye Canvas

Brand Spotlight: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
    Thank you for this.....I have lately started watching YouTube videos for makeup and beauty tips....
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Anyone can recommend a good anti-dark spot (brightening) treatment?

vCash
    Origins has one called Brighter By Nature, and they were giving out 3 week supply samples. I tried it, and it was pretty good.
    We had a silent auction on a bunch of products, and MAC generously donated a ton of makeup to be auctioned off. I got a little greedy and outbid everyone on the Extra Dimension eyeshadow set.
    But you know...it was for a good cause. The Mississippi River is clean and I have 3 new eyeshadows, an eye primer, and a fun pink sparkly lip gloss. The primer is better than I expected and the eyeshadows are AWESOME. (I got grand galaxy, young venus, and blue orbit.)

vCash
    Thanks you

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    A make-up free English Rose: http://gma.yahoo.com/video/fashionbe...-29080527.html

Fruits and lots of water my a$$. She's hit the genetic jackpot.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Yep. I knew a girl like that in high school. She was of Ukranian descent, gorgeous face, never needed makeup. She looked odd with any on. The only thing she probably could've used was a good skin care regimen, but it wasn't like her skin was really bad, just a little bit uneven.

We were friends but I secretly wanted to rip her face off.
    The English girl's skin was IMMACULATE. Ugh, I'm looking in the mirror and I want to give up.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    A make-up free English Rose: http://gma.yahoo.com/video/fashionbe...-29080527.html

Fruits and lots of water my a$$. She's hit the genetic jackpot.
    And she's feckin' 18 years old.

Boy it's easy to hate that girl. "Everyone's beautiful in their own way, aren't they?" Phooey.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    But you can't hate her because she seems so nice and down to earth and not at all stuck up about it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if it makes you all feel better, one of my college roommates had perfect skin with natural blush on her cheeks that always looked amazing.

several yrs of bad food, smoking, several significant wt gains and losses and not washing her makeup off before bed and she now looks much older than her real age.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It amazes me how stupid some people are about taking care of themselves. I had a lady in the other day with curly hair who was looking for a spray detangler so she could brush it when it was dry. She didn't understand why her hair was frizzy and why she was tearing it out of her head whenever she ran a brush through it. She also shampooed her hair TWICE every day, once with a bar and again with a liquid shampoo. I almost fell over.
    I've also heard tales from others in the skin care business about girls who walk in and say "i need something to help with my skin. I don't know why but it keeps breaking out" "What is your current skin care regimen?" "Um nothing, I go to bed with my makeup on" ".......right......"

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    People don't wash the make-up off before bed?

I am not worried about this one though (Florence Colgate, what a name!) She is going to be a model if she is any good at posing. Hopefully she takes good care of that skin.

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Yep. I knew a girl like that in high school. She was of Ukranian descent, gorgeous face, never needed makeup. She looked odd with any on. The only thing she probably could've used was a good skin care regimen, but it wasn't like her skin was really bad, just a little bit uneven.

We were friends but I secretly wanted to rip her face off.
    The English girl's skin was IMMACULATE. Ugh, I'm looking in the mirror and I want to give up.
    Yup, I'm taking classes with a girl like that too, of Russian descent. She definitely doesn't need any makeup and probably would look odd if she had on anything more than lipgloss. Just how the gene pool rolls. And yeah, she's very hard to hate on because she's such a sweetheart.

So! I'm getting married next year and hiring a makeup artist is $$$$ and besides, whenever I've had makeup professionally done, I hate it. Haaaaaate it. They always go overboard because I'm very nearsighted and wear glasses. Oh, and I have monolids too. Just give up already with the eyes, alright? The glasses will definitely be staying on because that is just how I roll 24/7, so why change things? I don't look like myself without my glasses, I look like my mother.

So I'll try to do my own makeup, the way I like it. I'm not too well-versed in long-lasting foundations, though. Hopefully it won't be too hot - the place where we're having it ranges from 60s and raining to 80s in full sun during that time of year, so I'd probably have to get sweat-proof stuff just in case. Any suggestions for long-lasting foundation/blush/eye makeup for super-oily skin?

vCash
    First off-congratulations!
    As for the makeup--the only foundation I have liked for oily skin is MAC's Studio Fix with SPF 15. It stays on all day, keeps a matte finish, and doesn't clog my pores.

And a lot of people go to bed with their makeup on. And then they're stumped when they get acne breakouts.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Yup, I'm taking classes with a girl like that too, of Russian descent. She definitely doesn't need any makeup and probably would look odd if she had on anything more than lipgloss. Just how the gene pool rolls. And yeah, she's very hard to hate on because she's such a sweetheart.

So! I'm getting married next year and hiring a makeup artist is $$$$ and besides, whenever I've had makeup professionally done, I hate it. Haaaaaate it. They always go overboard because I'm very nearsighted and wear glasses. Oh, and I have monolids too. Just give up already with the eyes, alright? The glasses will definitely be staying on because that is just how I roll 24/7, so why change things? I don't look like myself without my glasses, I look like my mother.

So I'll try to do my own makeup, the way I like it. I'm not too well-versed in long-lasting foundations, though. Hopefully it won't be too hot - the place where we're having it ranges from 60s and raining to 80s in full sun during that time of year, so I'd probably have to get sweat-proof stuff just in case. Any suggestions for long-lasting foundation/blush/eye makeup for super-oily skin?
    First of all, congratulations! I didn't see the news.

Second of all, bonus points to you for not trying to make yourself super-glam if that's not how you roll.

On special occasions I use Lancombe primer under foundation, it makes it last longer and look smoother, and I also have oily skin especially when it's hot. (Good news, dear, when you are my age you will have many fewer wrinkles.)

Other than that I yield to the other experts here.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    First off-congratulations!
    As for the makeup--the only foundation I have liked for oily skin is MAC's Studio Fix with SPF 15. It stays on all day, keeps a matte finish, and doesn't clog my pores.
    Sounds like win! Next time Sephora has a sale I will keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    First of all, congratulations! I didn't see the news.

Second of all, bonus points to you for not trying to make yourself super-glam if that's not how you roll.

On special occasions I use Lancombe primer under foundation, it makes it last longer and look smoother, and I also have oily skin especially when it's hot. (Good news, dear, when you are my age you will have many fewer wrinkles.)

Other than that I yield to the other experts here.
    I didn't exactly tell anyone here... But thank you! I didn't feel need to make an entirely new thread about it, I got enough congrats over Facebook.

Oh yeah, it'll be an outdoors wedding too, as homegrown as possible. So glam would not have jived with that. It's going to be fun and natural.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tarte has this new Amazonian clay foundation http://www.sephora.com/product/produ...questid=129882

That sucker stays on for 12 hours as promised and I bet it would work on oily skin. I wouldn't order online, go into a Sephora instead and have a sales person help you pick the right shade. I narrow it down to two shades and have both applied, one on each jaw line. Whichever one disappears better on your skin is the winner.

Even Florence what's-her-perfect-face wears foundation.

from Speedy Death

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast