Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    NYX has a lot of new products and I just ordered a bunch on Cherry Culture on Sunday. I can post reviews once I actually get the package. They have 6 new mascaras as part of a new "Boudoir" collection.

I've been very annoyed with most mascaras lately--I don't like spider lashes, but I want volume. I think Maybelline One by One Volum' Express is my favorite right now, it gives lots of volume with no spider effect.
    LOL. Sweet heart you gotta invest in a lash comb. How many coats of mascara are you using/ are you removing enough product from the wand?

If you using 2 to 3 coats and wiping off the wand before applying it, then it may be the formula you're using. It may be too heavy for your lashes.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thanks, I will take PRLady's word for it. No cream shadows!
    I love cream shadows, PRLady is out of her mind.

@ HABs, I use Benefit Creaseless shadows too. I love them and I have them in 5 shades - Tattletale, Busy Signal, Strut, Top Brass and Birthday Suit. I love the creamy softness of the shadows. I little goes a long way and they set in about 1 minute. I don't have any creasing and fading starts to happen after about 8 or 9 hours.

TattleTale which is a buttercream color I use as a base for powder shadows. It really lightens up my eye lids.
    Busy Signal is a Copper Brown or Burnished Copper. It's my favorite. It is the perfect neutral color for me. It's one of the cream shadows I reach for when I have like 10 minutes.
    Strut is a Smoky Gray/Blue. I love to wear it alone or as a base with other shadows.
    Top Brass is a antique gold and Birthday suit is my least favorite color.

My 2nd favorite brand of cream shadows is Bobbi Brown. The texture is velvety. The colors are very wearable and work really well as a base or alone. The BB cream shadows have a matte finish and set in about a minute two but they are buildable.

Go to Bobbi Brown and have one of the sales rep try it out on you. Or go to Sephora who carries most of the BB long wear cream shadow colors, MUFE and Benefit's cream shadows and try it on too.
    I havent' tried Laura Mercier, tarte or Chanel's cream shadows. I wanna try Armani's Eyes to Kill cream shadows which I hear are some of the best on the market.

Makeup Forever makes fabulous cream shadows too(aqua creams) that are waterproof and last over 12 hours.
    Last edited by topaz; 03-11-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I went and picked up Lancome Cils Booster and Visionnaire today, and when I got home and opened my gift with purchase, the bottle of foundation was completely empty.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    LOL. Sweet heart you gotta invest in a lash comb. How many coats of mascara are you using/ are you removing enough product from the wand?

If you using 2 to 3 coats and wiping off the wand before applying it, then it may be the formula you're using. It may be too heavy for your lashes.
    I have a lash comb...I don't like to use them, they tend to make the problem worse by making my lashes stick together more. Usually I can fix issues with my fingers.

I do wipe off the wand first and only apply 2 coats. I'm just being picky mostly. I have long and thick lashes, and I know I'm lucky for that.

I've found that I can make the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes work...if I spend a very long time applying it. It's still not that great IMHO.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I love cream shadows, PRLady is out of her mind.
    Excuse moi? They don't work for me, that's all I wrote. Everyone has different textures to their skin, sometimes it varies dramatically on the same face! I've got a shiny T-zone that includes the eyelids.

And yes, that was the Moroccan Oil stuff I mentioned. It's pricey but worth it.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I have a lash comb...I don't like to use them, they tend to make the problem worse by making my lashes stick together more. Usually I can fix issues with my fingers.

I do wipe off the wand first and only apply 2 coats. I'm just being picky mostly. I have long and thick lashes, and I know I'm lucky for that.

I've found that I can make the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes work...if I spend a very long time applying it. It's still not that great IMHO.
    Are you using the plastic or metal lash comb? The metal ones are more dangerous that plastic ones, but I love my Sonia Kashuk metal lash comb.

http://www.target.com/p/Sonia-Kashuk...page.adjacency

The metal comb may help; I can understand that you don't like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Excuse moi? They don't work for me, that's all I wrote. Everyone has different textures to their skin, sometimes it varies dramatically on the same face! I've got a shiny T-zone that includes the eyelids.

And yes, that was the Moroccan Oil stuff I mentioned. It's pricey but worth it.
    I've heard that BB cream shadows work the best for oily lids.

Also, the eye primer can help with cream shadows. I bought the True Blood Eye Shadow Palette last summer from Tarte. They had a small size version of the Tarte Lifted eye primer with firmitol.

It decreases the look of fine lines on the lids and undereye area. I use it under the eye mostly a base for my corrector/concealer. It reduces the appearance of the lines and helps the concealer crease less.
    *Tip use your eye primer under the eye area where you would place corrector/concealer. I find it helps the concealer stay on longer and crease less. Concealer in my opinion is always going to have some creasing. ALWAYS.

I've heard that Nars Smudgeproof is the best eye primer for oily lids. I havent tried the Nars eye primer(I don't have oily lids) but Nars is one of my favorite brands and their product quality is very good and consistent.

vCash
    I have very oily eyelids and Benefit and Make Up Forever cream shadows work the best for me. LURVE Make Up Forever....it lasts all day long without creasing...even longer with primer underneath...
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I went and picked up Lancome Cils Booster and Visionnaire today, and when I got home and opened my gift with purchase, the bottle of foundation was completely empty.
    psssstttt!! The Lancôme rep at the cosmetics counter is supposed to do a striping test to match one to your skin tone, and then fill the bottle so it's customized to your needs.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    psssstttt!! The Lancôme rep at the cosmetics counter is supposed to do a striping test to match one to your skin tone, and then fill the bottle so it's customized to your needs.
    Are you friggin' kidding me? I'm not sure whether to or

Mostly I'm

Back to Sears tomorrow to nicely tear a strip off them.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I was walking around Macy's with a friend who was shopping for eye-shadows (she got a lovely Five Color Palette in Film Noir)

when I remembered I have an old Macy's gift card from many months ago that still had some on it. So I got Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base since I am running out of mine.

I also got some MAC lipglass in Mad Cap
    and a Sheen Supreme lipstick in Bare Again
    I am happy with my purchases because I know I will use them. Very wearable, that lipglass and lipstick.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    So I ended up doing makeup touchups on about...oh, I don't know, 60 girl scouts this weekend? 75? 2,000? Anyways, most of them were very sweet and were happy for a simple lip or blush touchup, except for one future diva. She sits down in the chair and tells me, "Okay I want you to do my foundation, and I want that black eyeliner on my eyes but I want you to make it really thick, and um I want THAT blue eyeshadow right there, and then I'm going to choose my lip color, thank you."
    Me: "Okay...so, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
    Her: "I'm 12."
    Me: "Well, you certainly know what you want."
    Her: "Yes, I'm VERY needy."

Quadless
    vCash
    What are spider lashes?

And about wrinkles - I find that the more glitter / shimmer in a shadow, the less forgiving it is, so I tend to stick to mattes for lids and crease and limit shimmery shadows to highlighting the brow bone or inner corners of the eye.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Spider lashes. According to this, and other websites I saw while googling, spider lashes are/were a 2011 fall beauty trend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    except for one future diva. She sits down in the chair and tells me, "Okay I want you to do my foundation, and I want that black eyeliner on my eyes but I want you to make it really thick, and um I want THAT blue eyeshadow right there, and then I'm going to choose my lip color, thank you."
    Me: "Okay...so, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
    Her: "I'm 12."
    Me: "Well, you certainly know what you want."
    Her: "Yes, I'm VERY needy."
    OMG my youngest daughter is like that. She's VERY picky with her lip balm colors and already has a perfume collection. She turns 7 in April.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Spider lashes. According to this, and other websites I saw while googling, spider lashes are/were a 2011 fall beauty trend.
    Scary, aren't they? The advice starts out as "get a mascara that clumps". Aha, yup, that's all we, glamour pusses need in our lives, more clumps in our mascara.

Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    And about wrinkles - I find that the more glitter / shimmer in a shadow, the less forgiving it is, so I tend to stick to mattes for lids and crease and limit shimmery shadows to highlighting the brow bone or inner corners of the eye.
    I certainly agree with this idea. I stick to mostly mattes on the lid and use ever-so-slightly shimmery off-white to highlight underneath the brow.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Quadless
    vCash
    That look is my worst nightmare with mascara - I can't believe someone would actually produce it intentionally!

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Scary, aren't they? The advice starts out as "get a mascara that clumps". Aha, yup, that's all we, glamour pusses need in our lives, more clumps in our mascara.
    No kidding. I had to re-read the post a few times because I thought surely it must have been in jest. If I got that result I would be whipping out the eye makeup remover pads in a nanosecond and starting all over again. Scary!
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I guess I was on point with my lashes then because pretty much ALL the mascaras I used gave me spidery lashes. Why oh why did I moan and groan about it?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    That's a great rule to have. It's funny now that shimmer is considered okay as brown highlight. No so lon ago, it was considered to use matte on the brow bone.

I have a deep skin tone in which shimmer looks fabulous on but I have fine lines under my eyes so I only shimmer eyeshadow on lids, crease or brow bone. You could use shimmer over the eyeline on the upper lash line, that would be complimentary.

In regards to spider lashes; Dramatic lashes are the new trend. Alot of folks are using more coats of mascara, getting lash extensions(fake lashes and those done a salon), using colored mascaras, etc.

Allure Magazine have had some excellent articles about the dramatic lashes and a few months ago they showed some pictures of lash trends from the last 60 years. I'm gonna find that article and post of pics from it.

Goldie Hawn's lashes were my favorite. Long, Full and Defined.

Quadless
    vCash
    Goldie Hawn's lashes were my favorite. Long, Full and Defined.
    And fake, non? (False eyelashes were very big during the 60's.)

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast