Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Cyn,
    Next time I hit the duty free, i'll bring a printed copy of your post with me.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    So my laziness to not get up and spell means that I said Vivance (what is that, a shampoo?) instead of Visionnaire. I am officially a moron.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I have been using both Visionnaire and Gentrifique for a week.

No miracles yet.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    [Lancôme Guru]

Did you get the Rénergie Lift Volumetry Eye Cream ($67 USD), or the (newer) Rénergie Eye Multiple Action Cream ($78 USD)?

The Lift Volumetry Eye Cream is a very good moisturizer/hydrating cream, and it does, to some extent, work to help tighten and "lift" the skin in the eye area.

The Eye Multiple Action Cream, however (if I'm being honest here), is a FAR superior product. It has two parts -- the first (in the "bowl" of the container) is the actual eye cream. The second part is a concealer (they call it a "veil"), which is stored in the cap, that has a "flip-top lid in the style of a powder compact. The veil has anti-aging components to it, and when used with the eye cream, the combination delivers a one-two punch of anti-aging work.
    Oops, sorry Cyn, didn't see this. I got the multiple-action one with the concealer. No miracles there yet either. Damn these dark circles and puffiness, I never had that problem until this year. I blame the Middle East.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Is the cleanser you're talking about Crème Radiance? If so, that's the one I use, and it's the best cleanser I've ever used . Which dry skin cleanser did you receive, the Créme Mousse Confort? If so, it's fabulous for dry skin, and I've used it before in the Winter Months when I've had to crank my heat and the air in the house gets insanely dry.
    Yep, it's the Creme Radiance. I'm amazed at how little you need to get a nice lather....just the size of a pea...maybe a small pea! Fabulous! And, yes, the other one is the Creme Mousse Comfort. I'll probably use it anyway, even though I don't have dry skin.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Well, we disagree about politiks and that crazy metal music she likes, but I have to say Cyn is right about Visionnaire. It's been 9 days and I don't recognize my skin. It's noticeably brighter, the age spots on my forehead have faded and the wrinkles are much less obvious. I think there's some sort of devil in that little bottle.

That means back to the store to buy some, the little sample they gave me is almost gone. Worth it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Well, we disagree about politiks and that crazy metal music she likes, but I have to say Cyn is right about Visionnaire. It's been 9 days and I don't recognize my skin. It's noticeably brighter, the age spots on my forehead have faded and the wrinkles are much less obvious. I think there's some sort of devil in that little bottle.

That means back to the store to buy some, the little sample they gave me is almost gone. Worth it!
    I had to return mine. Besides the horrible headaches it gave me, I have broken out horribly. I'll stick with the Genefique from now on.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I had to return mine. Besides the horrible headaches it gave me, I have broken out horribly. I'll stick with the Genefique from now on.
    It gave you headaches? How?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Bought a new pressed powder 2 weeks ago and I love it! It does minimize my fine lines and pores. I like to buff it on with e.l.f.'s flat top powder brush. Cargo Blu Ray powder in 30.
    I took your recommendation and tried it. It settles into all my fine lines.

I have very oily skin, not sure if that's the issue or what. I will be going back to Benefit, quickly.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just dipping into this thread as this caught my eye among all the Oscar follow up reports - isn't there a regular on this thread who's into mascara in a big way?

US Weekly Oscars Mascara Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I took your recommendation and tried it. It settles into all my fine lines.

I have very oily skin, not sure if that's the issue or what. I will be going back to Benefit, quickly.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry I have super dry skin, maybe that's what makes the difference?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    If there is one thing I've learned from reading Glamor Puss threads, it's that skin care and make up product effectiveness/lack thereof is very individual.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Oh no! I'm so sorry I have super dry skin, maybe that's what makes the difference?
    It's definitely possible. When I first put it on, it's a perfect color match (I got the 20), and it looks gorgeous. But then an hour later?

C'est la vie.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I blame Kelly Osbourne. She is the source of all evil: I really liked the color of her nail polish at the Oscars (the only thing I liked about her look, really) and decided to get something along these lines. It was forest green and I found Enchanted Forest by Orly that has the right kind of dark blue-green I like. Or so it looks on the swatches.

Then one thing led to another and I decided I have to have Essie Wicked, as if I don't have enough vampy coagulated blood reds. Sigh.

And finally Essie Power Clutch. I've had my eye on it for a while but really. It's all Kelly O's fault. Which way is nail polish rehab?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Just dipping into this thread as this caught my eye among all the Oscar follow up reports - isn't there a regular on this thread who's into mascara in a big way?

US Weekly Oscars Mascara Report
    That would be me...interesting report. But most of the actresses were probably wearing false lashes, so I wouldn't think what mascara they used on top of it would be all that important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    It gave you headaches? How?
    The scent they used. I'm pretty sure it has the smell of tuber roses in it. I tried it the first day and thought it was just allergies, and after I got rid of the headache, I tried it again. Same result, except it took two days to get rid of the pain. As a glutton for punishment (and I wasn't sure if I could return it), I tried it a third time, several days later. I could feel the pain coming on within about 10 minutes of putting it on.

I was hoping to like it, as I have fine crowsfeet lines around my eyes. I can't use the Lancome makeup removing cleansers either, as they have the same scent. Once I get this gift with purchase, I'll see exactly what I have and offer them up to y'all.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    That would be me...interesting report. But most of the actresses were probably wearing false lashes, so I wouldn't think what mascara they used on top of it would be all that important.
    I agree. I suspect a lot of them are using this new thing involving lash extensions, Latisse or both. Although I didn't see any ridiculously spidery lashes.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Plus a lot of those mascaras suck. Or they're contractually obligated to wear/say they're wearing it, such as Natalie Portman and Dior.

I currently hate every mascara I've used. Previous holy grails (Hypnose, Benefit They're Real) just aren't doing it for me lately. Only things coming close are my Buxom Lash and Super Shock from Avon. Does Bobbi Brown make an amazing mascara? I've started buying more things from that line at Murale, and I'm in love with almost everything so far, especially her cream shadows. The Instant makeup remover isn't so instant, though.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I tried Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes for the first time today...I don't have anything good to say about it yet. Clumpy and not so great. Maybe it will get better as time goes on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Which way is nail polish rehab?
    That would be over here with me...

I am trying SO hard to stay away from buying more nail polish...but it is SO hard to stay away from. ARGH!! I swear it is my version of crack or something...

And yes, I love all those colors you bought.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast