Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thought you glamour pusses would like to know: http://shine.yahoo.com/at-home/lead-...204800618.html
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thought you glamour pusses would like to know: http://shine.yahoo.com/at-home/lead-...204800618.html
    And of course I use the #1 on the list. I love the formula and how creamy it is. Oh well. Oh, nevermind, I noticed it's only certain colors.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    The Lancome giveaway at Macy's meant I spent $70 on the supposedly fixes-everything Renergie eye cream. I never had much trouble with dark circles and lines til this past year, but now a major eye cream is a necessity. And I've been waiting for freebee time...

I hope it helps. Also I get to try Visionaire and see if it actually does anything, a small size was included.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    The Lancome giveaway at Macy's meant I spent $70 on the supposedly fixes-everything Renergie eye cream. I never had much trouble with dark circles and lines til this past year, but now a major eye cream is a necessity. And I've been waiting for freebee time...

I hope it helps. Also I get to try Visionaire and see if it actually does anything, a small size was included.
    Hopefully it should help. Did they tell you how long of use before you see results? If not, I would give 5 to 6 weeks. Watch out for irritations and don't forget to use "patting" motions with your ring finger.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I have two Maybelline Color Sensations that aren't on the list but I may toss them anyway.

I'm happy the Nars lipsticks I use aren't on the list. This is a great article, I'm gonna use it for my beauty blog

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I'm happy the Nars lipsticks I use aren't on the list. This is a great article, I'm gonna use it for my beauty blog
    Do you have a link to your beauty blog, Topaz?

Did everyone see Clinique brought back the full line of Almost Lipsticks? I was so excited until I saw them. Black Honey is still the best shade.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash

Visionnaire is my crack. It feels so on the skin. It's expensive to use it and the Genefique serum, which I also adore. I will likely go to just one of the two, and it will be the Genefique I give up.

I was just thinking about bumping this thread up last night. In previous Lancome gifts with purchase, I got tubes of foaming cleanser. I've been using the one for normal/combination skin, and I really like it. The other tube is for dry skin. Would it hurt to use it anyway?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I was so excited until I saw them. Black Honey is still the best shade.
    Black Honey never did anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    In previous Lancome gifts with purchase, I got tubes of foaming cleanser. I've been using the one for normal/combination skin, and I really like it. The other tube is for dry skin. Would it hurt to use it anyway?
    It shouldn't, in theory, unless you are allergic to the ingredients.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Today I decided to be cheap with hair coloring: instead of going to the salon and get it done for $$$$, I went to a professional store, got the dye (Majirel 7.4) and did it at home.
    So proud of myself for getting it right, the color is really even (I was ready for a disaster!! ), I even did my eyebrows... successfully.

(Patting myself on the back )
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Visionnaire is my crack. It feels so on the skin. It's expensive to use it and the Genefique serum, which I also adore. I will likely go to just one of the two, and it will be the Genefique I give up.

I was just thinking about bumping this thread up last night. In previous Lancome gifts with purchase, I got tubes of foaming cleanser. I've been using the one for normal/combination skin, and I really like it. The other tube is for dry skin. Would it hurt to use it anyway?
    I'm also going to try Visionnaire at night and G in the morning. And when the little vial of V is used up I'll make up my mind!

I've used both Lancome cleansers, the heavier one for dry skin is great in the winter, I don't use it in the summer though.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Hmmm...maybe I'll put the normal stuff away and start using the dry skin one while it's still winter. It takes forever to use it up because you need so little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Today I decided to be cheap with hair coloring: instead of going to the salon and get it done for $$$$, I went to a professional store, got the dye (Majirel 7.4) and did it at home.
    So proud of myself for getting it right, the color is really even (I was ready for a disaster!! ), I even did my eyebrows... successfully.

(Patting myself on the back )
    Congratulations! If you continue to do it yourself, you will save a lot!

vCash
    Any good recommendations for dark circle creams? I've been using Teamine for a while and it works reasonably well, but now that I have somewhat of a social life (meaning I actually go out a few nights a week -quite a struggle for me ), I just wanted to see if there were any other options available. I don't really get puffy eyes; I "just" look like I got in a bar fight whenever I don't get enough sleep.

vCash
    I use Ginzing eye cream from Origins, it helps get rid of dark circles and take away puffiness. It's reasonably priced too--only $29.50.
    I'm currently trying their new MegaBright serum--they're giving away 3 week supply samples. It corrects dark spots AND decreases inflammation. So far so good.

vCash
    Black Honey
    That and L'Oreal British Red are the only lipstick colors I love. I have major issues with finding colors I like!
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Bought a new pressed powder 2 weeks ago and I love it! It does minimize my fine lines and pores. I like to buff it on with e.l.f.'s flat top powder brush. Cargo Blu Ray powder in 30.

vCash
    So I got off work early on Friday, and went up to Belk to put in my advance order for the gift with purchase thing they start next week. That seems to be the only way to beat out the *ahem* older ladies to the good stuff.

Anyway, they were doing their makeup artist event with Ricardo, the national makeup artist guy, and they got me in during a slow period. Two hundred dollars in product later, I have learned a few things: 1, Ricardo and I both think Olympic caliber swimmers and divers are hot with fabulous bodies. 2, Ricardo does not like US male skaters, he prefers the Russians. 3, I should make my husband take me to dinner before I .

So I just went up to get a sample of Vivance and preorder it. Because it's fabulous, right? Well they had one gift pack left with some sort of eye cream thing left so I just got it then. And it gives me a wicked headache every time I use it. Am I the only one who smells tuberose in this? It has the same smell the make up removing cleansers have, and they give me a headache as well.

On the plus side, the liquid foundation I have a sample of looks great, and I've learned how to use concealer to hide the circles under my eyes. And why has no one told me about exfoliating my face before?

I bought a lot of stuff. Do you all think they will take back the Vivance (I can't spell it and I'm too lazy to get up)? I'd like to return it and spent that $$ on foundation, etc.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Do you have a link to your beauty blog, Topaz?

Did everyone see Clinique brought back the full line of Almost Lipsticks? I was so excited until I saw them. Black Honey is still the best shade.
    I'll send a link soon.

INTJ
    vCash
    I finally tried a dark berry coloured lip stain. I was quite impressed with myself stepping out of my comfort zone, and think it looked pretty good too
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash

[Lancôme Guru]

Did you get the Rénergie Lift Volumetry Eye Cream ($67 USD), or the (newer) Rénergie Eye Multiple Action Cream ($78 USD)?

The Lift Volumetry Eye Cream is a very good moisturizer/hydrating cream, and it does, to some extent, work to help tighten and "lift" the skin in the eye area.

The Eye Multiple Action Cream, however (if I'm being honest here), is a FAR superior product. It has two parts -- the first (in the "bowl" of the container) is the actual eye cream. The second part is a concealer (they call it a "veil"), which is stored in the cap, that has a "flip-top lid in the style of a powder compact. The veil has anti-aging components to it, and when used with the eye cream, the combination delivers a one-two punch of anti-aging work.

I used the Lift Volumetry for about three months with the original formula of Génifique (as opposed to the cream version of it) and an eye serum. When I switched to the Multiple Action Cream (also used with the same Génifique and eye serum), the difference in the amount of improvement was -- to the point that I've been asked if I had "work" done.

If permanent dark circles or lids are part of what you're wanting to get rid of, the Lancôme product you might want to try is their Bright Expert. They've had this product for several years, but last spring, they re-launched it with new formula for it that is a vast improvement over the previous one. I'm not sure about all Department Stores, but I do know that the Belks (do they have those in VA?) all received ½ ounce Maxi-Samples (a one-ounce tube sells for $65 USD) of it to promote the new formula. They generally reserved those samples for regular/repeat clients on file but an Associate's can give at her discretion, so it doesn't hurt to ask for one).

Is the cleanser you're talking about Crème Radiance? If so, that's the one I use, and it's the best cleanser I've ever used . Which dry skin cleanser did you receive, the Créme Mousse Confort? If so, it's fabulous for dry skin, and I've used it before in the Winter Months when I've had to crank my heat and the air in the house gets insanely dry.

I have a 2-ounce tube of Crème Douceur, which is a cream-to-oil facial cleanser, that I've never used as it's probably too oily for my skin, but I'm hanging onto it as there are times when my skin does go through periods of extreme dryness (see aforementioned Winter Months)

I have an unused 6.8-ounce bottle of Huile Douceur ($37 USD), which is an "all-in-one cleansing oil that instantly dissolves face and eye makeup, even waterproof." It's great for someone with dry skin (customer reviews for it are 5/5 stars), but my skin is way too oily for it.

If there's anyone here who is interested in it and would like to do some sort of product trade-off of sorts, PM me and let's see if we can work something out ). I'd hate for it go sit in my vanity going unused for ages if there's someone who could use it.

[/Lancôme Guru]
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast