Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Those Estee Lauder topaz liners look FUN. I dunno if I could pull that look off though. I'm just beginning to accept that I'm pretty much always going to look like a dork, no matter what I try.

And I've tried an Origins zero oil mattifying liquid, and at first it worked. Then it started to create this weird residue on my face every time I put it on. I'm not sure what happened. Lately my foundation has done a good job of keeping the oil under control, but it could just be because it's colder outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I went to Ulta the other day and bought some Urban Decay De-Slick. I like it and all, but it's pricey. Has anyone used anything else similar? I get oily in the tzone by mid afternoon. This stuff has controlled it, but I'm cheap. .
    I'm very oily and it didn't do anything for me. I still have a nearly full bottle. If you PM me your address, I will send it to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    The new Spring 2012 collections are starting to appear.

M.A.C has several limited edition campaigns going;

M.A.C. Naturally
    Daphne Guinness Collection
    I may get the Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape
    Tour De Fabulous
    Nice collection of lipglasses
    Garreth Pugh
    Estee Lauder's Spring 2012 Topaz Collection
    The Kajal liners look incredible. The reviews of the products on different sites has been very good.

Anyone else have some spring collections that want to discuss?
    I got the Daphne Guinness lipglass in Narcissus & I'm strongly considering the ombre blush in vintage grape too

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Sephora kindly informs that the Urban Decay Naked2 pallette is out. Tempting, very tempting. But I am sure I absolutely don't need it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ugh... that's it... I'm buying some sort of warm teal eye shadow! What color of eye liner would work with it? I'm NC42 with dark brown eyes.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    ugh... that's it... I'm buying some sort of warm teal eye shadow! What color of eye liner would work with it? I'm NC42 with dark brown eyes.
    I'd say either black or silver, but I'm traditional like that. Dark gold might be nice too.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Sephora kindly informs that the Urban Decay Naked2 pallette is out. Tempting, very tempting. But I am sure I absolutely don't need it.
    I already have Sin, Baked, Twice Baked, Half Baked, YDK, and Sellout--so I'm not really that tempted. I can create my own look with what I have! Plus, both palettes are on the warm side, and I'm very much on the cool side. (Blonde, pale, hazel eyes, pinky undertone to my skin.)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am very much on the warm side but like you, I have plenty of colors that would do the job including some Urban Decay, MAC, Lorac, Ulta and NYX shadows that are various shades of nudes and neutrals.

My absolute favorite go-to look is the Lorac Serenity+MAC Copperplate with some darker NYX brown from this palette in the crease and Origins Asteroid as the eyeliner. Wore this to meet PRLady.

For evening, I use black shadow as a liner at the lashline and waterline. Done!
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 01-07-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Is that NYX Champagne and Caviar? That's my substitute for Naked (and it's only $8-10!)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Is that NYX Champagne and Caviar? That's my substitute for Naked (and it's only $8-10!)
    Yes, indeedy! It's excellent in quality and price.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I'd say either black or silver, but I'm traditional like that. Dark gold might be nice too.
    Thanks! Silver will probably look garish on me so I'll play it safe with black. I want that NYX palette!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    there was more than one in the gold tube, which one is it that you like?
    I like them both, but I'm talking about the non-shiny tube. The shiny gold tube is Voluminous Million Lashes, which is pretty good, but I find that it's better at defining lashes than volumizing.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Also, PRlovelyLady is a lot of fun and was wearing a yummy-smelling perfume. What was it?
    Aw, thanks.

Sorry for really delayed answer....it was what was left of my bottle of Estee Lauder Sensuous, which comes in a thin bottle easy to pack. Just used the last of it in Arizona. It's in "our" family of vanillac-floral-Orientals and it's not very expensive, especially if you wait for the freebee giveaways to buy it.
    Last edited by PRlady; 01-07-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It smells lovely on you. I've tried it before but it doesn't like me.

Try as I may to cheat on Lolita Lempicka, I always come running back. At least I was able to snag a large bottle at around $25 at TJ Maxx.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    IceAlisa, I'm on the fence with this palette. It seems to be more taupes and browns than the first palette and like Veronika. I have half the shades already with my other palettes.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I'm thinking of buying a wet to dry tourmaline flat iron. There are some good reviews on Amazon, but I wondered if anyone here had tried one, or knows someone who has. Do they really work, and will it completely fry my hair? I assume you should used some sort of product with them too, right?

vCash
    This girl had the yummiest smelling perfume today, and it was so light. She said it was something called Tokyo Milk...anyone heard of it?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Never heard but sounds incredibly intriguing. Here's the site: http://www.tokyo-milk.com/

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Oh they have it available at Ampersand. Iiiii'm gonna have to check that out...it wasn't too sweet, or too earthy, and it wasn't at all overpowering.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    they have it/have had it at anthropologie
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast