Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Never heard of this. I usually cleanse, skip the toner and go straight to moisturizer to which I sometimes add vitamin C powder.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Okay I am curious--how many do 2 separate cleansing processes at night? I've always just done one, then I follow with a toner and moisturizer. Am I supposed to be cleansing my face twice?
    I use a makeup remover (towelette) and then a cleanser...but I just starting doing this about a year ago. My regular cleanser wasn't doing a great job at getting all of my makeup off.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i only do one and i'm exhausted from that. i dont like a lot of steps.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I use a makeup remover, then I use a 3 in 1 cleanser (dunno what the 3 are) and then a toner. Then Genefique if I remember.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i use a clarisonic, it has made a big difference
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I swipe eye makeup remover with a cotton ball then I use Olay Regenerist cream face cleanser with Olay Pro X machine (can't afford the clarisonic). I've been doing this for about 4 months now and I like it, not a zit since!

vCash
    I use Make up removing wipes and sometimes I use separate eye makeup remover to remove mascara from the lashes. It depends on the mascara I use.

Then I use my cleansing routine: cream cleanser, toner, skin brightener serum, then night cream with cell renewal. It take me a total of 10 to 15 minutes( I usually let the toner dry one minute and then apply the skin brigthening serum, which I allow to "sink in" for 10 minutes).

It may take a while with this routine but my skin has never looked this good since I started this routine about a year ago.
    Last edited by topaz; 12-15-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Okay, I've heard a few people say you're supposed to cleanse your face twice at night, which seemed a little excessive to me. I figured cleansing and then exfoliating takes care of all the dirt and makeup.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ladies, admit it, don't you just want to scream sometimes from all these damn steps we go through? And this is just make up. Then there's hair, nails, body...it never ends.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Ladies, admit it, don't you just want to scream sometimes from all these damn steps we go through? And this is just make up. Then there's hair, nails, body...it never ends.
    Well you don't HAVE to. My sister shaves her legs even in winter, I don't bother until it's over 85F and I know I'll be wearing shorts. Don't bother with nails because I love working with my hands and it'll be ruined anyway, etc etc.

We all have a choice and being glamorous is supposed to be fun.

vCash
    A lot of people use cleansers as makeup removers, when they're not all formulated to remove makeup. I think that's where the "cleanse twice" thing comes in.

I have a glycolic cream cleanser that is absolutely awful for removing makeup. It's far too gentle, but it's a great light cleanser. I use it after I remove my makeup with MAC's Cleanse Off Oil, which is what I use to remove liquid foundation.

Most days, Bioderma Sensibio is enough to get my makeup off and doubles as a light cleanser.

vCash
    Nope. I like looking

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Ladies, admit it, don't you just want to scream sometimes from all these damn steps we go through?
    no, i'd gross myself out otherwise

vCash
    The only thing I wish I didn't have to do is diffuse my hair. If I could let it air dry and have it come out looking as good as it does when I diffuse it, that'd be awesome.
    Everything else is like playtime for me.

vCash
    Saturday we went to my husband's company Christmas party.

Me getting ready: Polish nails. Wet down hair, blow dry, curl. Do make-up. Find un-run tights. Iron skirt. Clean dust off boots. Get dressed--including using deodorant, lotion, perfume.

Husband getting ready: Change clothes. Say to me "Should I wear my black or brown shoes with this?" Put on black shoes.

Those are the times I want to scream.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Saturday we went to my husband's company Christmas party.

Me getting ready: Polish nails. Wet down hair, blow dry, curl. Do make-up. Find un-run tights. Iron skirt. Clean dust off boots. Get dressed--including using deodorant, lotion, perfume.

Husband getting ready: Change clothes. Say to me "Should I wear my black or brown shoes with this?" Put on black shoes.

Those are the times I want to scream.
    Exactly. And Anita18, I absolutely HAVE to. The end result is worth it, I am just b!tching about the daily routine.

It's just like PDilemma said: husband: shower, clothes. Me: 5 million steps. It's a pain in the ass but in the end, it's worth it.

Also, in my case it's cultural. Even in the former SU, women in my hometown were notorious for their attention to looks and fashion. I don't know how they managed it but I recall them being very

I do have to say that doing my nails, provided I am not in a hurry, is the only grooming procedure I find relaxing.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I kind of like my makeup routine. Lately I apply some makeup on the train to work (extra time in bed), but when I get the chance to put it all on, it's fun. I guess I'm weird, though. Putting mascara on is a zen-like experience for me.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I kind of like my makeup routine. Lately I apply some makeup on the train to work (extra time in bed), but when I get the chance to put it all on, it's fun. I guess I'm weird, though. Putting mascara on is a zen-like experience for me.
    I like my makeup and skin care routine as well. What I don't like is doing my hair.

Speaking of mascara, where's Veronika??

vCash
    In regards to hair, I swore for years and years I'd never get it professionally colored or highlighted because I didn't want the upkeep and cost. Somewhere this year, I broke down and got light highlights in my brunette hair.....and loved it. Although to try to keep the cost down a little bit, I get them redone every 8 weeks instead of 6. But on the flip side I probably spend less than $100 a year on makeup, so maybe it all evens out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I like my makeup and skin care routine as well. What I don't like is doing my hair.

Speaking of mascara, where's Veronika??
    100% agreed. I'm terrible with my hair. For years I was just a one-trick pony doing a blow out with a paddle brush. Only this past year did I get a flat iron, and I still hardly use it. Sometimes I let it go wavy, maybe difuse it or even curl it more once dry, but it's pretty rare. It doesn't help that I didn't have a hair dresser that I liked for years. Now I have two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    In regards to hair, I swore for years and years I'd never get it professionally colored or highlighted because I didn't want the upkeep and cost. Somewhere this year, I broke down and got light highlights in my brunette hair.....and loved it. Although to try to keep the cost down a little bit, I get them redone every 8 weeks instead of 6. But on the flip side I probably spend less than $100 a year on makeup, so maybe it all evens out.
    Nice! And I'd say it balances. So I'm not sure how I can excuse getting my high lights touched up when they were "just for the wedding!!!" to begin with. I think I'll get a long bob, and see what my hair dresser suggets colour-wise.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast