Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    I got an email today for Wen...I had no idea what it was until now. This is why I love this thread.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    I had a lady with similar hair to mine (thick, curly) tell me that she likes the Pomegranate the best. I guess that makes sense, given pomegranate's moisturizing properties.

vCash
    I have a problem...

I used to polish my fingernails all the time. When I worked at a "Christian" school, it was kind of a form of rebellion, since there was a faction there that felt that nail polish other than pastel pink or peach was of the devil. When I left there and moved, I rounded up over 40 bottles of nail polish in my apartment and suddenly was over it. Threw it all out and for 11 years have had my nails polished maybe three times. Toenails, always in summer, but rarely fingers.

Yesterday, I went to the drugstore to pick up a few things and noticed Revlon Topspeed on sale for half price. Hmm...We had my husband's work Christmas party last night. And it was half price. And it would probably take less than ten minutes to do. And none of my nails were broken. Bought a bottle in a color called "golden". Took five minutes. And my nails look awesome.

And I want more. I want the silvery gray one. And the dark red one. And the bright peachy orange one. And there was this shimmery aqua...and my nails look really awesome.

I'm like an addict back on my drug of choice.

Hi, my name is PDilemma and I'm addicted to nail polish.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I have a problem...

And I want more. I want the silvery gray one. And the dark red one. And the bright peachy orange one. And there was this shimmery aqua...and my nails look really awesome.

I'm like an addict back on my drug of choice.

Hi, my name is PDilemma and I'm addicted to nail polish.
    Welcome back!

I haven't tried any of the TopSpeed ones yet, do they actually dry faster?

vCash
    You picked a good one to be addicted to - those Top Speeds are great and you can usually find them on sale and use $1 coupons. My favorite is Jelly, amazing summer color and SO pigmented.

vCash
    Well you are just a bunch of enablers, aren't you?

I am so thinking that when I finish my paper this afternoon I am going to go buy more.

And, yes, it did dry quickly. Which is going to feed my addiction.

vCash
    I asked my husband for a gift card to Zara Beauty Supply so I can go crazy buying nail polish after Christmas. He says he likes it when I paint my nails, so we'll see! I have so many colors, but I need more! I want more blues and purples. I have this lovely sparkly red I have on my toes right now that is so happy and festive.

I need a good moisturizer. My skin used to be combination skin. Now being pregnant, it's flaking and driving me nuts. I'm using one of those L'Oreal exfoliators that I thought would help. It doesn't. Should I try to just use a cream cleanser I have or something else? What happened to the whole pregnancy glow thing? I have dandruff on my face!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I need a good moisturizer. My skin used to be combination skin. Now being pregnant, it's flaking and driving me nuts. I'm using one of those L'Oreal exfoliators that I thought would help. It doesn't. Should I try to just use a cream cleanser I have or something else? What happened to the whole pregnancy glow thing? I have dandruff on my face!
    I find that a lot of moisturizers have a high evaporation/absorption rate, so they don't really penetrate like they should. Try dabbing olive oil on with a cotton pad, let it sit for 8-10 minutes then wipe off gently with water. It worked wonders for me last year when my skin went crazy flaky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I find that a lot of moisturizers have a high evaporation/absorption rate, so they don't really penetrate like they should. Try dabbing olive oil on with a cotton pad, let it sit for 8-10 minutes then wipe off gently with water. It worked wonders for me last year when my skin went crazy flaky.
    My skin was crazy flaky after I had hives for two weeks many years ago. My lifesaver was Body Shop's aloe sensitive skin line. I also exfoliated a few times a week with a cheap apricot scrub from the drugstore.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I have dandruff on my face!

could you have dermatitis? sometimes i get it in the winter. it clears up with jojoba oil or argon oil. the olive oil noted above would also probably work.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Well you are just a bunch of enablers, aren't you?
    Yes, yes we are.

I got a tube of the much-hyped Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter yesterday. I chose a shade that's too bright for me. Phooey!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Any Lancôme users - this coming week, Macy's is supposed to be getting in a gift set that contains a regular sized Visionnaire (reg. price $75 US), and regular-sized each of the Rénergie Volumetry Face and Eye Moisturizers - priced at $84 US for the set.

Paying 9 bucks more for one product for what would regularly cost about $225 to buy all three individually is one hell of a deal on Lancôme skincare products.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    V, which color did you get?

my fancy custom blend foundation had an accident and i replaced it with the one from revlon w/ mousse in the title. the title is deceptive, it is quite matte and i havent been getting shiny at the end of the day.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    V, which color did you get?
    It's called Lollipop--it's a bright pink/fuchsia, and I was hoping it would be more sheer. They have a shade called also Silver Plum, which I probably should've gotten...but it was sold out.

I'm too pale for most bright colors. But sometimes I break them out anyway and I tell myself that it's my version of red lipstick (since I won't even try to pull that off.)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    laura mercier used to have a bright red balm that was actually wearable. kiehls has a lip balm in red that i dont like as much as the mercier but it is also wearable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I got a tube of the much-hyped Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter yesterday. I chose a shade that's too bright for me. Phooey!
    I suffer from the same brightness dementia. Have you tried dabbing it on lightly, or blotting with tissue? I got Tutti Frutti, which is a hot orange-coral. It is ... not the most flattering color, especially on my pale winter skin. But I persist! Applied it lightly and blended with a pinky lipgloss and it was ... better. My coloring just doesn't look good with brights, I fear.

The most natural looking one, Pink Truffle, was way too dark and brown on me so it went back. I ended up with Boots No. 7 sheer lipstick in Attract, which is recommended by the biggest enabler of all, Lisa Eldridge on YouTube. It's gorgeous.

vCash

Are you sure it is a skin problem? I used to have a great deal of trouble with flaky skin for years; when I started eating more omega-3s after a heart attack, the flaky skin went away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    My favorite is Jelly, amazing summer color and SO pigmented.
    I ♥ Jelly. I even used it for fall! If I can find a scarf that same color I will paint it on for winter. In fact, Jelly with some sparkle overlay will be perfect for New Years!

vCash
    I'll try the oil! I was cleansing with jojoba oil for awhile but after it worked for a few days it stopped and my pores got so freaking clogged and yucky.

I'm in California so it doesn't get all that cold here. I've never had winter dry skin problems before, either. So bizarre.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Right now I am wearing Essie Luxedo. It's a very dark purple, so it almost looks black. I like it for winter.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast