Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I use Herbal Essences, what's so bad about it? My hair isn't frizzy, but the waves can be hard to control.

All I know is, I'll never go back to Pantene. Bacne galore

Come to the Dark Side, vesperholly. EverPure and/or EverSleek are your friend. Seriously.

Where's Cyn with her sulfate lecture?
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Come to the Dark Side, vesperholly. EverPure and/or EverSleek are your friend. Seriously.
    Oh ... I tried them and HATED them. My hair was limp and frizzy.

I was thinking there was a recommendation for a different drugstore product, like Tresemme or Aussie. My main problem is hair that gets oily if I go longer than 24 hours between washing (or at least oily looking/feeling to me, I've gotten compliments on "old" hair ), it's very thick and can be poufy, and I have waves that won't hold a straightening. The wave pattern is very large, so I have curves rather than curls, but my hair is just above shoulder length and likes to do all kinds of crazy bending at the ends.

vCash
    I do a weird combination of EverPure Smoothing and Argan Oil. I hated the moisturizing EverPure, and the EverSleek wasn't my favorite. But the Smoothing is fab for me - it's got the orange cap.

I use Argan Oil (I'm probably spelling that wrong) from Organix? - I got it at Ulta, mixed with either some John Frieda Frizz Ease or the EverSleek leave in treatment.

I know, there is silicone in the Frizz Ease - I do a clarifying wash once a week.

Anyway, my hair felt greasy to me if I didn't wash it (before I started using the sulfate free stuff). Now I only wash every other day during the week. When I straighten with my flat iron, it holds it for the entire day, which was impossible before with the humidity here. The next day I just touch up with the straightener and it looks just as good. I've got wavy/curly hair with ringlets but very fine and very thick.
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I use Herbal Essences, what's so bad about it? My hair isn't frizzy, but the waves can be hard to control.

All I know is, I'll never go back to Pantene. Bacne galore
    Herbal essences has synthetics galore...basically it'll work for awhile, but the miscellaneous synthetic binders will start to build up on your hair and stay there, preventing the active ingredients from doing their job. She mentioned she had been using herbal essences and recently her hair had become difficult to deal with...that's probably why.

vCash
    You know you all want to try Wen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Do you use all of the products? At present, I only use shampoo, conditioner and a leave-in a few times a week. I was thinking of trying just the cleansing conditioner.

Thanks.

vCash
    yeah, I do! I'll see if I can score some from ebay.

vCash
    ARGH I do want to try it, but I have buttloads of shampoo and conditioner right now and I can't spend any more money on hair care.

I need that money for makeup. :p

vCash
    I don't know what "Wen" is. Please explain.

Where can I get it? I don't have a Sephora, but I do have an Ulta.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wen is "cleansing conditioner" for your hair. i get mine from qvc.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I don't know what "Wen" is. Please explain.

Where can I get it? I don't have a Sephora, but I do have an Ulta.
    Wen is a line of hair care products that, according to many (princessleppard included) makes your hair much shinier, softer, and more manageable. The idea is that you use a "cleansing conditioner" rather than a shampoo and a conditioner--the cleansing conditioner cleans your hair without stripping it of its natural oils, plus it adds softness and manageability. They have some styling products too, but I haven't heard as many raves about that as I have about the cleansing conditioner. You can't get it at any beauty store, you have to order it online at their website or at any home-shopping network type website.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    ARGH I do want to try it, but I have buttloads of shampoo and conditioner right now and I can't spend any more money on hair care.

I need that money for makeup. :p
    I use my castoffs for shaving. Then I don't feel like I'm wasting money (just product...)
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    Do you use all of the products? At present, I only use shampoo, conditioner and a leave-in a few times a week. I was thinking of trying just the cleansing conditioner.

Thanks.
    All I use is the cleansing conditioner. I do still use a spray gel, as my hair is baby fine, but even when I forget to put that in, my hair still has a lot of bounce. Also, I've been using it five months now, and my hair is much longer than it's ever been. It really cuts down on breakage.

Also, color lasts longer, especially my purple, which is hard to keep fresh.

I could rave some more. They should put me in their damn infomercial.

Christina, if you want to try it, get a small bottle from eBay. If you order from their website, you automatically get added to the auto-ship delivery. And you probably don't want to do that until you are sure you like it.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I can only use Pert Plus, and Neutrogena T-Sal. Because my hair still has the fungus in it, but it's very manageable now that I blow-dry my hair every time I wash it. I did try Everpure and it didn't make a damn bit of difference. YMMV on these, I suppose.

But I finally got a giant roller brush to use while blow-drying and now my hair dries so soft.

vCash
    Christina, if you want to try it, get a small bottle from eBay. If you order from their website, you automatically get added to the auto-ship delivery. And you probably don't want to do that until you are sure you like it.
    Okay, I checked ebay. There's lots of different scents - are they all the same product and they just smell different? How come a 6oz tea tree cleansing conditioner is almost the same price as the 16oz mint something or other cleansing conditioner?

I guess I'm off to the Wen website to figure this out!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    sweet almond mint is universal. the other ones are recommended for different types of hair. i started with the sweet almond mint. most of the time i use tea tree.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I use Lavender, but the Sweet Almond Mint is nice, too.

vCash
    I found this blog that explains the differences with the Wen scents/flavors. I want to try it out, I hope to find some "sampler" set somewhere.

vCash
    My roommate from last year kept an unopened bottle of Wen in our medicine cabinet for THE ENTIRE YEAR. You guys have no idea the self-control I had to not take that thing away from her!

Seriously, though, I'd love to try it. I've heard only great things.

I stopped by Sephora to get my friend a gift card for her birthday And I ended up getting Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm in Fuller Fig, Nails INC nail polish in Warwick Way and my favorite eyeliner Makeup Forever's, Aqua Eyes pencil in black. I think liquid liner looks so nice, but for me, I always end up going back to pencil.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    It's because of things like this that it sucks to live in Brazil (cosmetic wise): I missed the Ever Pure bandwagon and I'll probably miss the Wen's bandwagon too.

Some brands just never get here, not even imported

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast