Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post

I love Aquaphor. Its it all purpose moisturing ointment. My daughter has dry sensitive skin and Aquaphor worked wonder on her. Its my "go to" product in the winter for anything that is dry, flaky or chapped.

I stared reading blogs and lots of makeup artist use it for moisturizing lips and eye lids.
    Clearly, it's the best thing ever for chapped lips. I've been using it every day and my lips are fine.

Was that you who recommended Prada Candy? I finally got around to sniffing it and I. SIMPLY. MUST. OWN IT.

It's like Lancome's Climat and Pink Sugar had a baby.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Quadless
    vCash
    Did you get the waterproof kind?
    I did. I've never had a problem removing waterproof mascara with soap and water before, though. I guess this stuff is truly waterproof. Will have to break down and get a makeup remover (I used hand lotion).
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Now on to another subject: dry hair. I have long, coarse, curly/wavy hair. It's always been on the dry side but now that I've started coloring it (uh... grays are starting to show up once in a while & I'm tired of black hair) it's basically like straw. I also use a big fat curling iron or hot rollers on it to smooth out the frizz about 2-3 times a week. Can anyone please recommend a product for it?
    I have super oily hair, so I can't really help specifically, but one of the Wen cleansing conditioners is supposed to be good for dry hair. (I can't remember which one, because, obviously, I can't use it...)

If you decide to try it, I would get one off ebay to try first. That's what I did. Now I won't use anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I did. I've never had a problem removing waterproof mascara with soap and water before, though. I guess this stuff is truly waterproof. Will have to break down and get a makeup remover (I used hand lotion).
    Yeah, some the higher end waterproof mascaras take their jobs seriously.

Eye makeup remover-Lancome's Bifacil is expensive but its heavy duty makeup remover that is still gentle for the eyes and non irritating. A less expensive option is Sonia Kashuk's Remove(you can get it at Target for like $10) or Neutrogena's makeup removing wipes($5). Both are great for removing eye makeup.

Also, be careful about waterproof mascara. I've heard they can be harsh or rough on eyelashes and shouldnt be used everyday. I don't know if that's true but I've read makeup artists who say this and some makeup artists rarely use waterproof outside of wedding or folks with oily lids.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Was that you who recommended Prada Candy? I finally got around to sniffing it and I. SIMPLY. MUST. OWN IT.

It's like Lancome's Climat and Pink Sugar had a baby.
    Yeah, it was me that you about the Prada Candy.

I've never tried/smelled Lancome's Climat but I'll have to try it.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yeah, it was me that you about the Prada Candy.

I've never tried/smelled Lancome's Climat but I'll have to try it.
    Yes, and you also said it would be up my alley, and boy, is it ever!

Climat may have been discontinued which is a crime as I consider it the sexiest fragrance ever made. Parfum is the one I have in mind.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Still have NOT received my e.l.f. package

BTW, I'm going to go on a "girly rampage" this weekend. It's an early payback for me having to endure this upcoming Thanksgiving at the in-laws. I'm thinking makeup, hair care items, and perfume. I might just buy me that bottle of Hypnotic Poison but I have something else on my mind that I want to check out. Shalimar by Guerlain. Anyone tried it here? I ♥ vanilla so I'm interested in sniffing this one.

edited to add: uh... I just read the reviews of Shalimar from Macy's and uh.... the majority is from women in their 50's-60's! hmmm... Not only that, supposedly the formula's been changed and it's no longer the vintage Shalimar.
    Last edited by myhoneyhoney; 11-19-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I love vanilla-based scents. All the fragrances I own have a serious helping of vanilla. I do know that Shalimar is supposedly the mother of all vanillas but IMO it's too classic for me. I have a modern taste, I suppose. If you are not into classic scents, make sure to sniff Shalimar before you purchase.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ok, thanks, I'll have to try it out tomorrow! Can't wait to hit up Sephora and Ulta!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Gawd I lurve Shalimar. Someone gave that to me for Christmas when I was 17 because I had this big fat honking crush on a dude and my friend asked her mother what the best perfume is for snagging a man and she said Shalimar. So my friend bought me a bottle of it. And I wore it. A LOT. At 17. Everybody else was sashaying around in their jelly shoes in Giorgio and Poison in the halls of my high school, and I was wearing Shalimar with my faux combat boots.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    PSA for Canadians on this thread. The Rexall / Pharma Plus drugs stores have all their makeup for face on 50% off this week.....all foundations, powders, blushes etc.

I'm off to get a few theBalm blushes this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    PSA for Canadians on this thread. The Rexall / Pharma Plus drugs stores have all their makeup for face on 50% off this week.....all foundations, powders, blushes etc.

I'm off to get a few theBalm blushes this morning.
    Nice! And I thought I lucked out with the 30% off almost everything else last week.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I ran over to Shopper's on my lunch break and they're now carrying the Carmindy line of cosmetics. I'm so tempted by it... has anyone here ever tried any of her products?
    I have a cream blush and it's really nice, cream-to-powder consistency. I tried the liquid foundation and primer and hated them both. Haven't heard much else about the line.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    At 17. Everybody else was sashaying around in their jelly shoes in Giorgio and Poison in the halls of my high school, and I was wearing Shalimar with my faux combat boots.
    That's

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post

Now on to another subject: dry hair. I have long, coarse, curly/wavy hair. It's always been on the dry side but now that I've started coloring it (uh... grays are starting to show up once in a while & I'm tired of black hair) it's basically like straw. I also use a big fat curling iron or hot rollers on it to smooth out the frizz about 2-3 times a week. Can anyone please recommend a product for it?
    Have you tried any of the Morrocan Oil product line? It is formulated for coarse, dry hair. My hairstylist tried it on me and I love it. It made my hair silky. It is basically argan oil plus other ingredients and there are several different products in the line.

My mom has coarse, curly/wavy hair that she straightens every day and she uses it too and likes it. Plus it supposedly will shorten the length of time you need to spend drying your hair.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Have you tried any of the Morrocan Oil product line? It is formulated for coarse, dry hair.
    I just bought the penetrating moroccan argan oil extra for dry coarse hair by organix today. I'm excited to try it.

vCash
    The morrocan oil intense curl cream is also fantastic for giving lots of moisture. Are you using any kind of heat protectant/leave-in treatment before you heat style? There are some really good ones out there that give good moisture and eliminate frizz. You may also want to look into any products that contain some kind of natural protein to repair damage you may have from color treating and heat styling your hair. The natural protein will fill the gaps in your cuticle and make it feel less straw-like, and it'll make it easier to style.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I am spending way too much money on Moroccan Oil products, but I also have mid-length coarse curly hair and it tames it better than anything. I've got the shampoo, conditioner, intense curl AND the oil (I don't use the latter two together.)

However sometimes I cheap out and go back to the L'Oreal sulfate-free stuff. I made the mistake of doing that last week before going in for a color appointment and my colorist yelled at me. "Girl, you cannot wear anything you buy in a drugstore. Got that?"

And I'm another vanilla scent person. If Hypnotic Poison is too much, there's a wonderful old Cacherel fragrance called LouLou which is somewhat lighter, a little more oriental, and a lot cheaper. Problem is finding it in the US, I buy it in dutyfree shops.

And Kenzo Amour. Also wonderful.

Shalimar is....old.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I could get a decant of LouLou at the Perfumed Court. I have a difficult relationship with Kenzo Amour--I really like it but it doesn't like me. Doesn't work with my body chemistry.

My staple or in the words of Makeupalley, HG, remains Lolita Lempicka the original. I am going to limit Prada Candy to a sample. Nothing makes me feel as comfortable and myself as LL although I do cheat on it with various Guerlains.

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    so glad i dont have this perfume gene, must be so pricey

it all stinks to me

i bought too many dresses today but that is a different subclique
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast