Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I'm quite past 33. And I got carded buying wine on my recent round numbered birthday. Then the clerk said "damn, girl! What do you do to look so young?"

I have extremely sensitive skin. All I use for moisturizer is The Body Shop's aloe cream. That's it. And stay out of the sun, make sure there is SPF in your foundation, eat healthy, don't smoke, etc...like Scintillation said.
    Most of it's genetics too. My bf's nearly 30 (like most guys, does nothing with his skin) and he often gets mistaken for a high schooler.

It doesn't help that he's very slight.

vCash
    Genetics do play a role. My mom is 60 and has fabulous skin; she doesn't look a day over 45. But her skin is oily, as is mine. I'm happy I have that genetic blessing but in the meantime I still struggle with acne and clogged pores.
    Even with her oily skin my mom still stays out of the sun and has always been health-conscious (she is a dietician). After I had been working for awhile I bought her a whole anti-aging skincare system for her birthday. She'll never tell you if she doesn't like something but I got a hint when I asked what she wanted for Christmas and she told me she'd like a refill of her old non anti-aging moisturizer. Oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I need to go back to the USA and buy more makeup. I took it easy when I was there pre-wedding because I had spent so much in general, but now... I need a TONNE of NYX stuff, for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I wish I could find NYX in person...I've seen it at Ulta, but they have a very small selection. I get most of my NYX online.
    Some Perfumania stores carry a larger line of NYX than Ulta. Andora, when you come to Buffalo, stop at the outlet mall in Niagara Falls off the 190. Right next to the Gap is a perfume store with a huge selection NYX. Ulta carries a slightly different line.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ugh. Sephora. My Friends and Family order arrived and they've substituted all my samples!

I asked for
    Lolita Lempicka EDP
    Forbidden Flower EDP
    Buxom Lip Big and Healthy Lip Polish

I got

Justin Bieber Someday EDT
    Golden Delicious EDT
    and some random face mask

Ladies and gents, do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from Justin Juice and Golden Delicious. I am literally gagging and turning green.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Ugh. Sephora. My Friends and Family order arrived and they've substituted all my samples!

I asked for
    Lolita Lempicka EDP
    Forbidden Flower EDP
    Buxom Lip Big and Healthy Lip Polish

I got

Justin Bieber Someday EDT
    Golden Delicious EDT
    and some random face mask

Ladies and gents, do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from Justin Juice and Golden Delicious. I am literally gagging and turning green.
    The phrase "justin juice" makes me so very nauseous.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    The phrase "justin juice" makes me so very nauseous.
    I am not kidding. I was this color:
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    KT Tunstall's brilliant song "Glamour Puss" from her brilliant "Tiger Suit" album.

It should be the official theme song of the Glamour Puss threads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6pF8VYeHNQ

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    KT Tunstall's brilliant song "Glamour Puss" from her brilliant "Tiger Suit" album.

Sold! This is the gal that gave us the immortal Suddenly I See
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 10-28-2011 at 05:53 AM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

My God, where is the "LIKE" button?!

vCash
    Okay maybe this isn't theme-song worthy like KT Tunstall's song, but I am partial to this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udP1Njm7Cno

(Uh I should warn that the lyrics are NSFW and IT WILL GET STUCK IN YOUR HEAD)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    To counter the yucky perfume post:

I have a patient whose appointments I anticipate with pleasure. This is a middle-aged woman who comes smelling of caramels. I asked her about it and she said it was some Victoria's Secret body lotion.

You'd think that she is too old to smell like candy but no. That scent really brightens up my work day.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    which body lotion?! Ohhh, please ask her which one!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    which body lotion?! Ohhh, please ask her which one!
    I think she said it was called Love.

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    My Sephora order has a surprise too--my Lancome gift set was supposed to come with eye makeup remover and a kohl pencil, but came with Artliner liquid eyeliner instead. I don't mind, but I already use the cheaper Maybelline and L'Oreal versions of Artliner, so I don't really need it. Oh well, no biggie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think she said it was called Love.
    Thank you!

Now, I'm looking for a concealer... my age is really catching up, I have serious raccoon eyes! Anyone with suggestions? I'm MAC NC42 (most of the time at least)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    No problem.

As far as concealer goes, I always suggest the ColorScience Corrector Kit. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NA9TGA/...SIN=B003NA9TGA

I've seen it for less than $60 before. It lasts for quite some time and is the best thing I've ever tried--and I've tried them all.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I just got some IPL for facial rejuvination a couple of weeks ago. Loving how my skin looks about 10 years younger now. No lines or wrinkles and just a much fressher look. It hurt like heck though. Felt like they were flicking me with an elastic band and then touching me with a hot spoon. No pain no gain works though, as I'll totally be going back for more.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I just tried my sample of Fresh Inc Soy Face Exfoliator that came with my Sephora order and OMG I'm in lurrrrve. This stuff REALLY EXFOLIATES! I normally only get this kind of result after scrubbing with an exfoliation cloth, and I'm shocked that it came from a product you only leave on your face for 30 seconds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Benefit They're Real! Mascara (loved the Badgal but wanted to try something new. Almost ordered the Diorshow until I read Veronika's blog and thought better of it )

Can't wait to get my order...
    I was definitely unimpressed with Diorshow.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Okay maybe this isn't theme-song worthy like KT Tunstall's song, but I am partial to this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udP1Njm7Cno

(Uh I should warn that the lyrics are NSFW and IT WILL GET STUCK IN YOUR HEAD)
    This FTW!!

I've been using Lancôme's Visionnaire now for a few weeks (at night; during the day I use Génifique) along with my serums and moisturizers, and the combined effects of those two have done wonderful things for my skin .

The only thing that's still really bugging me are the two crease lines in between my eyebrows. Although my skincare regimen has made an improvement of them, I want them gone. I've been thinking about either getting botox to deal with it, but even though it would only be in that one small area, I'm worried about getting that frozen look. Would Restalyn or Juviderm be a better option, or does anyone know of a better way to get rid of them?

MiniCyn dragged into Lush a couple of weeks ago, and while I was there, I got a sample of their Ocean Salt exfoliator. I've used it on my body in the shower, and I'm loving it.

That is one funky, weird store. Some of their products seem neat (even if a bit strange), but they insist on blasting music set on 11, and it's annoying and distracting to the point that I can't shop there for more than five minutes at a time.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast