Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    It's moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, anti-aging thingy all in one. Allegedly, one can use it as foundation as well, but I don't like it for that. The Clinique BB cream is amazing. I've been using it for two months and my skin looks amazing.
    Hmm...that sounds like something I may try.

Has anyone used Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Gel? I got a sample from Sephora, but it's such a small amount, I'm not sure if I should buy the full-size. It seemed like it may have made a difference.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post

I have an olive complexion so mine are brown. And they NEVER. GO. AWAY.
    Brown should be corrected with most FSU of all colors: purple! (more like lavender...)
    Go into Sephora or a MAC store and have them try some combinations on you, it's worth looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    on toes, i think of it as a neutral since it matches most pants/shoes etc. you could start there. my toe nails have been navy too long, they are still blue when the polish is removed. but i cant switch colors.
    A transparent base coat will prevent the nails from getting stained. They also make the polish last longer.
    Last edited by beepbeep; 11-14-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    double post...
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cant even reach my own feet but thanks
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love wearing blue nail polish. Other wild colours, no, but dark blues are awesome. Especially with a matte top coat on top!

Has anyone else heard of Tightlining? I'd like to give it a whirl, but it sounds like it's more complicated than I thought.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    What's the deal with formaldehyde in eyelash adhesives? And when do they expire? I've thrown the box of my Duo like 4 years ago after purchasing it and I've used it probably 5 times in total but I I think I've read I should toss it after max 2 years, da?
    Also, I'm thinking to get the Marini Lash Eyelash Conditioner. A bit on the fence because of the price and because I have sensitive eyes on this one though. You can tell my eyelashes are not my strong point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I love wearing blue nail polish. Other wild colours, no, but dark blues are awesome. Especially with a matte top coat on top!
    I just bought a bottle of Essie's Midnight Cami. Going to give it a try!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My China Glaze Calypso Blue arrived today. Can't wait to try it on but will probably not happen until Friday.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Has anyone else heard of Tightlining? I'd like to give it a whirl, but it sounds like it's more complicated than I thought.
    I have, but I refuse to line the inside of my eyes...plus, I wear contacts so I have to be extra careful with my eye makeup.

I have recent starting doing weekly manicures again--I got out of the habit about 6-7 years ago, but now I treat myself to a new color every Sunday night.

My latest mascara rave is Cover Girl Clump Crusher, it's the new Lash Blast creation. It is AWESOME! I don't like any of the other Lash Blast mascaras, but this one is a keeper.

vCash
    I have tried the Maybelline BB cream (got it for about half price, couldn't turn it down for that price), and got a sample of Annabelle's BB cream (Canadian brand only?)

They both had a bit of a drying effect for me, so I still use a separate moisterizer underneath. The Maybelline is lighter/sheerer, I have to layer a bit to cover my redness. It's probably the cheapest of the brands, but not bad and it comes in 5 shades (some only come in two).

The Annabelle BB seemed to have a bit more coverage. And I never knew Annabelle is made by Marcelle. There's a $3 coupon on their site now, might pick up their BB for when I use up the Maybelline.

I thought a BB cream would work for good skin times (haven't had a major breakout in months, yay, knock on wood), when I don't actually need foundation.

See if you can get samples if you're thinking of trying it. Wish I could afford Clinique.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i got a sample of the olay cc cream. dont ask me the difference. i liked it better than the bb creams i've tried but i havent tried the clinique one.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I didn't realize Annabelle and Marcelle were from the same company! I don't buy either very often, but what I've tried, I've really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    My China Glaze Calypso Blue arrived today. Can't wait to try it on but will probably not happen until Friday.
    Those are nice!

I'm going with dark pink this week.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

vCash
    I LOVE my Midnight Cami toenails. I think I'll be brave and do my fingenails today.

I was at Sephora last night and had a look at their Cinderella nail polish line. Very disappointing.... very heavy on the glitter and shimmer.

vCash

I was at Sephora last night and had a look at their Cinderella nail polish line. Very disappointing.... very heavy on the glitter and shimmer.
    On what planet is that disappointing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    On what planet is that disappointing?

Okay... it was the colours that were disappointing, not the glitter and shimmer.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    no

INTJ
    vCash
    I could never do that
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    It's just trading one extreme for another. It is possible to dress nicely and wear makeup without making it the focus of your life. And it's not necessary to stop buying clothes or shaving to realize that you should take care of your body and get enough sleep.

But maybe her personality or situation where such that this was the only thing that would have worked for her. I guess it's no different than people who diet by going gluten-free/sugar-free/dairy-free/all of the above rather than trying to put together a balanced diet.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast