Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1008
  1. #941

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In and around.
    Posts
    10,629
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3495
    I wonder if a good drug store version is Revlon's Lip Butter? I love both shades I have and will probably pick up more when they're on sale. Not great staying power, but it fades evenly and still leaves a slight hue.

    After trying plenty of mascaras the last year, I've fallen head over heels for one I received free with an eye shadow stick:Almay Intense i-Colour I'm beyond surprised at how great it is-- I haven't had an expensive mascara come this close to perfect since Buxom Lash.

    Next, I try to track down Essence's lash powder, which looks like a super-cheap, much more low-rent version of Too Faced's Better Than False Lashes mascara set. I'm just not in a position to spend upwards of $50 (Cdn) on mascara.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

  2. #942

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,823
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2961
    @IceAlisa I recommend trying True Red, Blood Red, Poppy Reds, Brick Reds or Orange/Reds.

    Sephora Brand have some really nice lipsticks for around $12
    Rouge Cream formula in 02 Courtisane is universally on of the best reds around
    Color Lip Last formula in #18 and #19

    Kat Von D's Painted Love Lipstick @$19 in Hellbent(blood red), Stilletto(orange/red) and Underage Red(True Red)


    My top 3 favorite lipstick brands are Nars, Makeup-Forever and Iman.

    Iman is the drugstore brand of the supermodel Iman Bowie. Her lipsticks are moisturizing, good staying power and good color payoff. The brand is marketed to "women of color" but the lipsticks are universally ideal of any skin tone that can pull off the color selection. Iman has a true red lipstick, it's called Iman Red.

    Nars Lipsticks in my opinion are simply incredible. There are $24 but the color payoff, staying power and the formula are worth the price you pay. They come in several finishes - Satin, Semi Matte, Matte and Sheer.

    I would try Aghan Red(Satin, Garnet) which is maybe my favorite red lipstick off all time. Shanghai Express(Semi Matte, Warm Brick Red) and Jungle Red(Semi Matte, Bright red) and Heat Wave(Orange/Red). Nars has a line of Pure Matte Lipsticks if you like Mattes. They are some of the best non drying mattes I've found. I'm typically not a fan of matte lipsticks(I love shine) but I have a few of these in my collection of the pigmentation is wonderful and mattes have get staying power.

    NARS Pure Matte Lipsticks @$24 and the shades I would recommend are Mascate, Moscow and Vesuvio.

    *BTW if your skin tone is close to Kim Kardasian, her favorite red lipstick is Nars Jungle Red


    I've heard Dolce and Gabbana, Armani make fantastic lipsticks too. They are pricey, closer to the YSL.

    I have only one MAC red lipstick. MAC Red. I've heard Lady Danger is a gorgeous orange red that is flattering on all skin tones. I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

  3. #943
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    Thanks, topaz. Next time I am in Sephora or at a MAC counter, I will pull up this post! I have not seen the Iman brand at the local CVS but will check it out. I am just a bit lighter than Kim in that picture but suspect she is spray tanned.

    I have an unexpected lull at work and am messing around with lipsticks in my purse.

    I layered Dior Addict 586 with MAC Lipglass in Mad Cap and the YSL Fig. The result is a very professional yet fresh looking sheer pink red. Perfect for work.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 08-20-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  4. #944

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,823
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2961
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thanks, topaz. Next time I am in Sephora or at a MAC counter, I will pull up this post! I have not seen the Iman brand at the local CVS but will check it out. I am just a bit lighter than Kim in that picture but suspect she is spray tanned.

    I have an unexpected lull at work and am messing around with lipsticks in my purse.

    I layered Dior Addict 586 with MAC Lipglass in Mad Cap and the YSL Fig. The result is a very professional yet fresh looking sheer pink red. Perfect for work.
    I'm not sure if Iman is sold at CVS. I know it's sold at Walgreens, Target and Ulta.

    Also, I forget to suggest Makeup-Forever Rouge Artist Natural in #45. MUFE lipsticks are $19, also available at Sephora
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

  5. #945

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Not after the same people as Theatregirl
    Posts
    21,935
    vCash
    350
    Rep Power
    38410
    The Clinique BB cream is AMAZING. I use it as a primer and it's done fabulous things for my skin.

  6. #946
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Can some of you beauty gurus recommend an undereye cream with spf? I want to use a retinol cream under my eyes at night (I just turned 30 and I'm starting to get creases in addition to my wonderful dark circles, ugh), and think I ought to use sunscreen there, yet I can't find very many with spf except the Shisheido which is kind of expensive. I have drugstore concealer with spf but it settles into the creases and I don't like it.

  7. #947
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    I found this when I googled: http://skincare.about.com/od/skin101...eamNeedSPF.htm
    I have never tried Garnier but it's likely inexpensive.

    Who is brave enough to wear cobalt? Nail polish is as cobalt as it gets for me.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  8. #948
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    Posts
    3,230
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15463
    I use regular eye cream and facial serums/creams, and the I top everything with SPF 50, baby formula

    I have a cobalt eye shadow that I just luurrrve, but it's definitely something that you can wear everyday.
    And that cobalt nail polish. I want it. I need it. Badly.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

  9. #949
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39757
    I must report that the Clinique Even Better stuff really does improve dark circles under the eyes. And the Murad serum really does improve dark spots.

    I love it when products actually work.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  10. #950
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    Posts
    3,230
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15463
    I gave up trying stuff to help me with my dark circles.
    Now, yellow concealer is my best friend.

    But for moisturizing, Bepantol is unbeatable.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

  11. #951
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    And that cobalt nail polish. I want it. I need it. Badly.
    Do you have one you recommend? I want it too.

    Nothing will ever work for my undereye circles. They are genetic. Thanks, maternal grandma.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  12. #952
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,845
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Who is brave enough to wear cobalt? Nail polish is as cobalt as it gets for me.
    I would try it, but then again I'm tan (MAC NC42 and YSL BD50-BD60). I do have a deep teal eye shadow that I adore.

  13. #953
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    Posts
    3,230
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15463
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Do you have one you recommend? I want it too.
    I was kinda going to ask what brand was the one you posted

    Nothing will ever work for my undereye circles. They are genetic. Thanks, maternal grandma.
    Mine are genetic too. To make matters worse, my skin is freakishly white (I'm MAC NC4 ) and the skin around the entire eye is absolute purple. I can sleep for 10 hours and I will still look like I got punched on both eyes.
    The color concealer trick works. I moisturize my eyes and apply the yellow concealer (I use NYX concealer in a jar) immediately after and then the skin color concealer (MAC studio sculpt concealer, NW20). Did wonders for me...
    And I still need a 3rd concealer (NYX concealer in a jar, fair) for the other areas of my face (because the defects are of yet another color...)
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

  14. #954
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39757
    Well, I swear I'm not on the payroll, but the Clinique stuff did one important thing. It actually thickened the skin under my eyes, the blue vein on one side is no longer visible, and after three weeks the whole area is lighter and brighter. It's not that expensive...maybe try it?

    And I have a dumb question. What the hell is a BB cream and who is supposed to use it?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  15. #955

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,756
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    13973
    I've been debating trying navy blue nail polish. It seems a little out there for me but I love the way it looks.

  16. #956

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    with the traditionless
    Posts
    5,620
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8583
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And I have a dumb question. What the hell is a BB cream and who is supposed to use it?
    LOL. This. I wondered that when I stopped by this thread 6 months ago. And now somebody is selling a CC cream.

    Then I heard some 20 years olds talking about getting an ombre. I didn't know what that was either but I figured it out on context. Lighter hair on the bottom half of your head.
    What would Jenny do?

  17. #957
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,171
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50062
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I've been debating trying navy blue nail polish. It seems a little out there for me but I love the way it looks.
    on toes, i think of it as a neutral since it matches most pants/shoes etc. you could start there. my toe nails have been navy too long, they are still blue when the polish is removed. but i cant switch colors.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  18. #958

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,756
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    13973
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And I have a dumb question. What the hell is a BB cream and who is supposed to use it?
    I have no idea, but it looks like tinted moisturizer.

    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony
    on toes, i think of it as a neutral since it matches most pants/shoes etc. you could start there. my toe nails have been navy too long, they are still blue when the polish is removed. but i cant switch colors.
    Thanks. I'll start with my toes and then see if I'm brave enough to try it on my hands. I wear dark purple all the time, so I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of navy!

  19. #959
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    I was kinda going to ask what brand was the one you posted
    I wish I knew. I just posted a random pic of cobalt nail polish to illustrate my point. I have my eye on this Calypso Blue or Berry Blue, they look like identical twins to me: http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2009/0...l#.UKLm4oc70uc As they are cobalt's older, more serious sisters. IOW, I can wear it to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post

    Mine are genetic too. To make matters worse, my skin is freakishly white (I'm MAC NC4 ) and the skin around the entire eye is absolute purple. I can sleep for 10 hours and I will still look like I got punched on both eyes.
    The color concealer trick works. I moisturize my eyes and apply the yellow concealer (I use NYX concealer in a jar) immediately after and then the skin color concealer (MAC studio sculpt concealer, NW20). Did wonders for me...
    And I still need a 3rd concealer (NYX concealer in a jar, fair) for the other areas of my face (because the defects are of yet another color...)
    I have an olive complexion so mine are brown. And they NEVER. GO. AWAY.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  20. #960

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Not after the same people as Theatregirl
    Posts
    21,935
    vCash
    350
    Rep Power
    38410
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Well, I swear I'm not on the payroll, but the Clinique stuff did one important thing. It actually thickened the skin under my eyes, the blue vein on one side is no longer visible, and after three weeks the whole area is lighter and brighter. It's not that expensive...maybe try it?

    And I have a dumb question. What the hell is a BB cream and who is supposed to use it?
    It's moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, anti-aging thingy all in one. Allegedly, one can use it as foundation as well, but I don't like it for that. The Clinique BB cream is amazing. I've been using it for two months and my skin looks amazing.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •