Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    And fake, non? (False eyelashes were very big during the 60's.)
    Yep there were fake but still gorgeous and very flattering.

I'll have to find a picture.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Alrighty, my beauties, spring is here and before you know it, summer. I'm hunting for my spring/summer look. I need the make up to be quick and easy to apply with fingers unless it comes with an applicator... think "throw in a little baggie to take to the water park". It would be nice if it can withstand the water park too, lol. Nothing too dramatic, the nude/bronzed but with BIG eyelashes look. More on the pink/peachy side during spring and then peachy/bronze for summer. Think I can accomplish this? BTW, I'm tan, NC42.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    psssstttt!! The Lancôme rep at the cosmetics counter is supposed to do a striping test to match one to your skin tone, and then fill the bottle so it's customized to your needs.
    So I paid a visit to the Lancome counter this afternoon, and the rep burst out laughing. She was off sick on Saturday, and the Clinique rep was covering for her. Clearly, she had no idea what was in the GWP.

I got my bottle filled, and she threw in Tresor perfume, Definicils mascara, Bi-Facil makeup remover and Visionnaire samples.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    So I paid a visit to the Lancome counter this afternoon, and the rep burst out laughing. She was off sick on Saturday, and the Clinique rep was covering for her. Clearly, she had no idea what was in the GWP.

I got my bottle filled, and she threw in Tresor perfume, Definicils mascara, Bi-Facil makeup remover and Visionnaire samples.
    Bi facial is so good, the best eye makeup remover. It's just so expensive. I love when I get a sample size of it.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    It really is terrific, isn't it? I have a couple of samples I've been hoarding.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I wore Tresor maybe 15 years ago and loved it. Either it changed or my nose did, because it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

All the perfumes I bought on my binge in the fall I still love except for one, the Bulgari Black. The rubber undertone bugs me, as it turns out.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I hadn't met a Bvlgari scent I didn't like until I met Bvlgari Black.

Today I am wearing Bvlgari Rose.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post

Sounds like you cleaned up .

It now makes sense that your foundation bottle wasn't filled (I was as my Lancôme told me that during their training, offering a customized sample of foundation was drilled into their heads ). Beauty consultants are not cross-trained with other cosmetic lines. Taking care of a sales transaction (like the Clinique rep ringing up your Lancôme purchase) is fine and, given how sparsely staffed a lot of cosmetic departments are these days, necessary, but they can apply, test/stripe, or match makeup only from the company they represent -- it's done to ensure that someone doesn't give misleading or incorrect information about a competing brand's product to a customer.

MiniCyn and I went shopping after school today, and I got the current Lancôme GWP at Belk's. All in all, the products in it were fab - I ended up with a small vial of Génifique (choice between that or one of Visionnaire; I got the Génifique as I have about 30 sample packets of Visionnaire in my vanity), Creme Radiance cleanser, Rénergie Lift Volumetry moisturizer, Blush Subtil (in Aplum, which is my shade), an eyeshadow quad -- all four colors (Latte, Kitten Heel, Fashion Admirer, and Madison Avenue) are kickass and work with my coloring, a mini Definicils mascara, a Color Design lipstick (a cream called "Love It"), and two dramming bottles of customized foundation (Photôgenic Lumessence in Buff 4). Plus, a couple of Vial-On-Cards of Trésor In Love and some more sample packets of Visionnaire. Oh, and a cute black cosmetic bag with a light blue grosgrain ribbon bow.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I wore Tresor maybe 15 years ago and loved it. Either it changed or my nose did, because it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
    Same here . When it first came out, I practically marinated in it . I had to stop wearing Trésor when I was pregnant with MiniCyn -- it became one of those trigger scents that sent me running to the loo to hurl .

Lancôme now has two variations of Trésor - Trésor In Love, and Trésor Midnight Rose -- they switched up at least one of the base notes in each. In Love is a softer, lighter version of the original, and Midnight Rose is a darker, spicier version. The In Love is really nice (I can wear it without having any 'flashback nausea' leftover from when I was pregnant), but the Midnight Rose IMO smells like B.O. , most likely from the new base note(s) being stronger and heavier musk.

MiniCyn celebrated a Rite of Passage in today - she had her eyebrows waxed for the first time .

Her brows have a good natural arch, and while they were in no way close to looking like this, they definitely needed some shaping and a bit of weeding on the outer halves to enhance her pretty blue eyes. MC wasn't sure she needed to have them done, but with Prom this weekend, I insisted she get them waxed. Since getting home, she's been in the mirror admiring them and is now wondering why she didn't do it sooner

vCash
    Cyn. That's like me when I got mine waxed for the first time but I was 20!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Sounds like you cleaned up .

MiniCyn and I went shopping after school today, and I got the current Lancôme GWP at Belk's. All in all, the products in it were fab - I ended up with a small vial of Génifique (choice between that or one of Visionnaire; I got the Génifique as I have about 30 sample packets of Visionnaire in my vanity), Creme Radiance cleanser, Rénergie Lift Volumetry moisturizer, Blush Subtil (in Aplum, which is my shade), an eyeshadow quad -- all four colors (Latte, Kitten Heel, Fashion Admirer, and Madison Avenue) are kickass and work with my coloring, a mini Definicils mascara, a Color Design lipstick (a cream called "Love It"), and two dramming bottles of customized foundation (Photôgenic Lumessence in Buff 4). Plus, a couple of Vial-On-Cards of Trésor In Love and some more sample packets of Visionnaire. Oh, and a cute black cosmetic bag with a light blue grosgrain ribbon bow.

Harumph. I got two different GWPs from Lancome in two weeks, the first to buy the eye cream and try Visionaire, and the second with the Visionaire. Didn't get foundation either time and both lipsticks were not really my colors. Got powder instead of blush, but that's OK, maybe something will finally de-shine my nose.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post

All the perfumes I bought on my binge in the fall I still love except for one, the Bulgari Black. The rubber undertone bugs me, as it turns out.
    I wore Tresor in the 90s, can't now. Now, the ad for Midnight version of it has the fugliest picture of Emma Watson I've ever seen. She is such a lovely girl, how could they?

Now, I am a happy recipient of a Sephora gift card for my birthday. How should I spend it?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I went to the MAC counter today just looking for something to even out my skin. I turned 40 about 6 months ago and I am a little self conscious. I wanted something just for light coverage. My skin is fairly clear. By the time I left I had spent $130 and I really feel violated. How many people get suckered into buying more than they intended? I plan to return everything except my lip gloss and pencil.

But I have a question.....how can you combat puffy eyes if you have sensitive skin? It is hereditary (thanks Dad). What can I do if I wake up puffy? Is there an inexpensive solution that doesn't require a lot of makeup? After my trip to the makeup counter I realized that that not be the route for me.

ETA: I did try cucumbers on my eyes once and they made my face and eyes itch terribly. It was strange because I eat cucumbers with no problem.
    Last edited by FiveRinger; 03-19-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    What MAC foundation did you get? I've heard Face & Body is very good for a light coverage liquid foundation. I really like my mineralize skin finish natural powder, too.

I just watched a YouTube video on facial massage and reducing puffiness, perhaps this will help? Seems like it'd feel good even if it doesn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I've heard Face & Body is very good for a light coverage liquid foundation.
    I use F&B right now. It was awful during the hot summer months but I'm loving it now that it's cold. I have dry skin but my tzone gets really oily during the summer. The coverage is minimal and the bottle is huge so it lasts forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I went to the MAC counter today just looking for something to even out my skin. I turned 40 about 6 months ago and I am a little self conscious. I wanted something just for light coverage. My skin is fairly clear. By the time I left I had spent $130 and I really feel violated. How many people get suckered into buying more than they intended? I plan to return everything except my lip gloss and pencil.

But I have a question.....how can you combat puffy eyes if you have sensitive skin? It is hereditary (thanks Dad). What can I do if I wake up puffy? Is there an inexpensive solution that doesn't require a lot of makeup? After my trip to the makeup counter I realized that that not be the route for me.

ETA: I did try cucumbers on my eyes once and they made my face and eyes itch terribly. It was strange because I eat cucumbers with no problem.
    Maybe cold teabags would work? I have sometimes used spoons that I put in the freezer for about a minute. Make sure that the spoons don't frost up though, or they will stick. OUCH!

My sympathies about the sensitive skin. I have it to, so I know what you are talking about.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    What MAC foundation did you get? I've heard Face & Body is very good for a light coverage liquid foundation. I really like my mineralize skin finish natural powder, too.

I just watched a YouTube video on facial massage and reducing puffiness, perhaps this will help? Seems like it'd feel good even if it doesn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI
    I got Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation.....When I got home, I didn't see that much of a difference. But in the store, of course, it looked great. I spent $100+ on the foundation, primer, eye cream. It's amazing how sometimes the sales people try so hard to make you feel like you need everything. For that kind of money, not to see a difference I couldn't justify spending that. I wanted light coverage, but I am supposed to see it, right? The lip pencil and the lip gloss I'll keep.....I like those.

Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Maybe cold teabags would work? I have sometimes used spoons that I put in the freezer for about a minute. Make sure that the spoons don't frost up though, or they will stick. OUCH!

My sympathies about the sensitive skin. I have it to, so I know what you are talking about.
    I'm a little afraid of tea bags. But I will give the tea bags a try.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I sympathize, but that's what they've been trained to do. If you don't meet the company's benchmarks, your job is in jeopardy. I disagree with most of the upselling tactics they teach though.

Anyways, I visited the salon that specializes in Deva curly hair cuts, and I have to say, one of the best hair cuts I've ever received. The stylist also gave me a bunch of great tips on how to care for my hair and while I've been doing a fairly good job of styling it, my hair now feels much softer and healthier after seeing her and using the advice she gave me. I've been getting boatloads of compliments too. I'm definitely sticking with her.

vCash
    I need some advice about Lancome, etc. I've cleaned out my makeup drawer from the last three gift with purchases. I have the following eye things: Renergie Lift Volumetry, High Resolution Refill-3x and Absolue Premium. These are all in the little jar things. I also have in my medicine cabinet a Benfait Multi-Vital Night.

I think I bought the Benfait line of moisturizer, night cream and eye cream as a package to use. I use, and love, the Genefique. I can't use the Visionairre as it triggers migraines.

I have no clue what to use. I have fine lines like crows feet. My skin in the eye area is normal, not oily or dry. My t-zone, however, is like a big old grease ball by the middle of the day.

So I've given up on their moisturizers. My Lacome lady gave me some Absolue to try for a week, and I still felt like there was an oil slick on my face. I've gone back to my trusty Mary Kay oil free moisturizer, which works okay.

I just want something to help with those lines, and the crepe paper like undereye area. I'm thinking I should be using the Lift Volumetry.

Any thoughts?
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Absolue is one of the stronger moisturizers by Lancôme and is generally recommended for women that are, age-wise, going through or following menopause.

Lancôme's line of moisturizers are designed to correlate with a woman's skin as she ages. The order is:

Bienfaît: Late teens to early/mid 20s
    High Resolution 3X: Late 20s through late 30s/very early 40s
    Rénergie Lift Volumetry: Early/Mid 40s to Early/Mid 50s
    Absolue: Mid 50's through late 60's/ very early 70s
    Platinéum: 70s and up

I don't have time right now, but I'll post more details about them, what each one does, and how they work.

ETA: How old are you? What is your coloring/complexion? Aside from the T-zone, what type of skin do you have? What are your current major concerns (aside from fine lines/crow's feet)?
    Last edited by Cyn; 03-22-2012 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    I'm 41. I've got a fair complextion - lots of Scots/Irish in my background.I guess I've got normal to oily skin in the summer, and a little drier in the winter. Normally in the winter I do a good moisturizer daily, but with the mild winter we've had, I haven't even done that.

I've got very little sun damage, as my father got diagnosed with skin cancer when I was 10 and I'm paranoid about it. Every freckle gets the once and twice over! I've been told I look about 10 years younger than I am, and I'd like to keep it that way, but those lines are coming in. Other than that, aside from the occassional blemish and undereye circles when I don't get enough sleep, that's it.

Help me, oh knowledgeable one!
    "If I wore what Amodio is wearing to the gayest gaybar in gayville they would kick me out for being too gay." - toddlj

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast