Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another one here on a constant search for mascara. I'm going to have to try Buxom...

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I'm not a fan of the Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara, but I lurves Hypnose Drama - I don't know if it's the consistency of the mascara itself, the formula, the shape of the brush, or a combination of the three, but it makes my lashes look fabulous (even more so if I use Cils Booster with it).

MiniCyn, who has eyelashes to die for (she could seriously be an "eye" model ), also uses Hypnose Drama, and it makes her lashes look like they're over an inch long without looking clumpy or stiff.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara, but I lurves Hypnose Drama - I don't know if it's the consistency of the mascara itself, the formula, the shape of the brush, or a combination of the three, but it makes my lashes look fabulous (even more so if I use Cils Booster with it).

MiniCyn, who has eyelashes to die for (she could seriously be an "eye" model ), also uses Hypnose Drama, and it makes her lashes look like they're over an inch long without looking clumpy or stiff.
    I've got both as freebee gifts, and like the Doll Eyes better. The Drama is TOO dramatic, at least in black. I've got bronze-y hair and green eyes and a really heavy black mascara looks too vampish for my medium coloring.

But for you Cyn and your Visionnaire prosletyzing. (sp?) It really is brightening my skin and evening out the tone, and my forehead wrinkles are much less noticeable. (I refuse to Botox.)

I waited 11 months for more Juvederm, partially because I was in no-dating mode. Now that I've withstood the pain again, last Friday, and the one bruise it made is fading, I have to say that those needles are magic. My doctor said that those with olive skin, like me, have the best results, so yay for semitic ancestors.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like the Too Faced Lash Injection for the night out--big, dramatic lashes but doesn't look spidery. Still use Clinique's High Impact for workdays.

Also, Korres has apparently discontinued the tinted moisturizer I've been using and so I settled on Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20. Will start it soon as am on my last drop of the Korres.

Also bought the above mentioned Lash Injection, nail polish drying drops and a prezzie for my aunt's birthday:

She likes citrus-based scents so all these are from Fresh:

Roll on perfume in Brown Sugar
    Hand Cream in Brown Sugar (she is a medical professional and so washes her hands constantly, all of us need hand cream all the time)
    Travel size mascara and the Fresh Soy Facial cleanser kit
    Sugar Lip duo thingie

All of this adds up to about a price of an Hermes fragrance I was considering as an alternative (Sephora carries Un Jardin Sul Le Nil (love it, perfect summer fragrance, J-C Ellena is a fragrance god!!), Un Jardin En Mediterranee and Un Jardin Sur Le Toit). However, I consulted with her daughter my cousin and was told that a kit of goodies would be preferable.

I am pretty sure she will like it and the fact that I am supporting a company started by fellow Russian Jewish immigrants.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 03-03-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    NYX has a lot of new products and I just ordered a bunch on Cherry Culture on Sunday. I can post reviews once I actually get the package. They have 6 new mascaras as part of a new "Boudoir" collection.

I've been very annoyed with most mascaras lately--I don't like spider lashes, but I want volume. I think Maybelline One by One Volum' Express is my favorite right now, it gives lots of volume with no spider effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I
    But for you Cyn and your Visionnaire prosletyzing. (sp?) It really is brightening my skin and evening out the tone, and my forehead wrinkles are much less noticeable. (I refuse to Botox.)
    I am trying this before Botox. I really like it (two days), but I can see where the scent could give someone a headache. My cats don't like at all.

Oh, there is an awesome gift with purchase right now, though. I got a small rolling cooler. I don't know what I'll do with it, exactly, but it's groovy. As were all the makeup samples. And my new pink makeup bag.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's the problem with some of the department store brands--why do their products have to smell so "perfumey"? Anyway.

What do people think about cream shadows? I tried them a long time ago and didn't like how they slid right off my lids or settled in creases. I wonder if the formulations have changed since then and they are better now. Or is it better to stick to the traditional powder ones?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That's the problem with some of the department store brands--why do their products have to smell so "perfumey"? Anyway.

What do people think about cream shadows? I tried them a long time ago and didn't like how they slid right off my lids or settled in creases. I wonder if the formulations have changed since then and they are better now. Or is it better to stick to the traditional powder ones?
    I have a couple of Benefit cream shadows that I love. I always wear them with primer, and they last all day.
    I've tried other brands that suck (*coughRevloncough*), but the Benefit ones are terrific.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    I have a Revlon cream shadow pallete and its fixation sucks big time (even with primer). Too bad, because the colors are really pretty.
    Last edited by beepbeep; 03-09-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: rude brazilian = bad grammar
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I won't use them. Even when they stick, they show the wrinkles much more than the powders.

The current Lancome giveaway eye shadows have a violet that is It looks much brighter than it is, it is a wonderful contour color (with a neutral gray or slight lavender), particularly for blue or green eyes.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks, I will take PRLady's word for it. No cream shadows!

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    One more thing: Bluefly is having an OMG 80% off sale today: http://www.bluefly.com/custom/custom...MG&cluster=WC1

I saw that they have a Tahari pencil skirt for $38 and change. Not bad.

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Thanks, I will take PRLady's word for it. No cream shadows!
    the only ones i have ever had luck with are the benefit ones, the "creaseless cream shadows"
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I can use NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil and most other cream shadows if I use a primer (like UDPP) under them. But cream shadow with no primer usually doesn't work well for me.

vCash
    Interesting, I've been curious about cream eyeshadows but I've never tried them. Creasing is a huge issue with my eyelids so maybe it's best to avoid.
    Question for curly haired individuals--has anyone here tried Deva curl? I'm thinking of trying out the salon here that touts their products and was wondering if anyone here had comments. I've been having the worst time finding someone that can consistently cut my hair well.

vCash
    Unless the shadow SAYS creaseless, (and not crease-resistant) then it's going to be junk. Maybelline's new Tattoo Ink cream shadows are close to creaseless, but no dice after a long day. However, over primer (or another creaseless shadow), they're fine.

Cream shadows I use that DON'T crease are MAC Paint Pots, Benefit (as mentioned), one by Avon that's been discontinued since, and Bobbi Brown's amazing line. I understand Shisheido Chanel's are also good, but I'm not fond enough of those colours to pay for them. Also, Clinique's Touch Base is great, but I found it over priced for what you get.

I personally love cream shadows because I can put them on anywhere. Handy with a long train commute. My mom, in her early 50s, loves them because it's one step, keeps her eyeliner from winding up above her lids, and she thinks they don't show the wrinkles as much as powder shadow does. She'd long given up on eye shadow because of that.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Interesting, I've been curious about cream eyeshadows but I've never tried them. Creasing is a huge issue with my eyelids so maybe it's best to avoid.
    Question for curly haired individuals--has anyone here tried Deva curl? I'm thinking of trying out the salon here that touts their products and was wondering if anyone here had comments. I've been having the worst time finding someone that can consistently cut my hair well.
    Tony is the most important man in my life. He cuts my curly hair well, and has for 10 years. (Second is Mikin, the colorist.) I've never tried Deva, but all the Moroccan Oil products are working wonders on my hair -- no frizz, soft, healthy. Worth the price!

vCash
    Is this the moroccan oil products you're talking about? I've been dying to try them but the $$...

vCash
    I've tried the moroccan oil intense curl cream and I like it, but it seemed to have a residue build up after awhile. It did make my hair super soft though. I've been using Aveda for years and I love it, but I do like to try other lines to see how they work with my hair.
    The only issue is every time I go to get my hair cut at an Aveda salon, they tend to give me a Christmas tree haircut and apart from one stylist (who now charges $95 a cut), they never know how to style my hair when it's curly.

vCash
    I like the Too Faced Lash Injection for the night out--big, dramatic lashes but doesn't look spidery. Still use Clinique's High Impact for workdays.

Also, Korres has apparently discontinued the tinted moisturizer I've been using and so I settled on Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20. Will start it soon as am on my last drop of the Korres.
    Speaking of TM, I bought Nars Radiance TM. IT IS MARVELOUS!!!!!!!

It is $42 for 1.7 oz. However, it's feel, coverage and staying power are fabulous. The finish is a dewy finish and it has a spf of 30. I have dry to normal skin and I'm hydrated for 8 to 10 hours. There are 9 shades.

Nars Radiance Tinted Moisturizer

Speaking of fragrances - I bought the Roll-On size for Tocca's Cleopatra Collection Roll On, Stella McCartney's Eau de Parfum and L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Toilette Roll-On.

Tocca's Cleopatra is a new try for me. I absolutely love it. I may have to try Tocca's other fragrances too.

Stella and L"Eau d'Issey are two of my all time favorites for me. I wanted to try the roll on because they're portable.

IceAlisa if you're in the market a spring/summer fragrance; have you checked out DKNY PureVerbana? I bought recently and I really like it.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast