Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Iiiiiii somehow ended up at Sephora today. I couldn't even wait for the Friends and Family event tomorrow to buy new nail polish. I got some very holiday-festive colors: new year's red-solution, it's bouquet with me, and keep me on my mistletoes. I somehow managed to avoid the new magnetic nail polish.

vCash
    You have more strength than I do. I reallly want it!
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    IT LOOKS SO COOL and they restocked on Bumble and bumble...I don't need any Bumble and bumble!! But I want to try the curl creme so much...

gold dust woman
    vCash
    So, it would be bad if I made another Sephora Friends & Family order, right? I'm not really considering it...yet!

I just love to collect makeup. I have so much that I've never even used. It's almost shameful!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am trying to be good after my Friends and Family purchase (all of it needed, of course and the most expensive are refills of eye and face creams).

But this morning I noticed that I only have about 1/3 of a bottle left of my La Petite Robe Noire perfume. I love wearing it on warm days and weekend family outings. Despite the name I consider it kid- patient-friendly scent. And that stuff isn't cheap. AND I've had my eye on Spiritueuse Double Vanille (also by Guerlain) for a while now and that stuff ain't cheap either.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    So, it would be bad if I made another Sephora Friends & Family order, right? I'm not really considering it...yet!

I just love to collect makeup. I have so much that I've never even used. It's almost shameful!
    I just noticed I'm halfway gone through my nightly acne treatment.

vCash
    When's this sale again? I need new mascara.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    When's this sale again? I need new mascara.
    Until 11/2, but you need to have a code they send you: http://www.sephoralove.com/friendsandfamily/

vCash
    thanks!!! I think I'll be getting that magnetic nail polish too.

Does anyone recommend a good, thick eyeliner? I prefer pencil, but I can work with creme ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    IT LOOKS SO COOL and they restocked on Bumble and bumble...I don't need any Bumble and bumble!! But I want to try the curl creme so much...
    I use the B&B curl foam and it's AMAZING.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    thanks!!! I think I'll be getting that magnetic nail polish too.

Does anyone recommend a good, thick eyeliner? I prefer pencil, but I can work with creme ones.
    the only eyeliner that hasnt run down my face is the tokidoki one that looks like a magic marker
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    So, I made my order:

Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish in Trafalgar Square
    Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner in Sabochan (black) (thanks mlp! It had me sold on the packaging alone - plus the application style seems super cool)
    Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kiss
    Benefit They're Real! Mascara (loved the Badgal but wanted to try something new. Almost ordered the Diorshow until I read Veronika's blog and thought better of it )

Can't wait to get my order...

INTJ
    vCash
    Anyone know if there's anywhere in Canada to get magnetic nail polish?
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    Anyone know if there's anywhere in Canada to get magnetic nail polish?
    Sephora sells it.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada
    Benefit They're Real! Mascara (loved the Badgal but wanted to try something new. Almost ordered the Diorshow until I read Veronika's blog and thought better of it
    Benefit They're Real! is great - it's my new favourite mascara.
    I'm still feeling the love for Diorshow Iconic though. Maybe it's just me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I use the B&B curl foam and it's AMAZING.
    You are not making this any easier. I've heard so many good things about their products but they are so pricey. And I'm so discount-spoiled now that I hate having to pay full price for anything. It causes me physical pain, I swear...

My eyebrows have reached such a state though that I think I may bite the bullet and replace the Anastasia tweezers I lost a few months ago. ARGH. Why do they have to be $28...and why do they have to be the best tweezers I have ever had...

vCash
    I'm in luck today! I stopped by Duane Reade after class to get some hand soap, and noticed they had a 50% off make up bin. I ended up walking out with 3 lip colors and 2 nail polish!

Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Perennial Peach
    Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Enduring Iris
    Revlon Colorstay Overtime in Eternal Rose
    Sinful Colors San Francisco (bright emerald green)
    L'Oreal nail polish in Whimsical

It all added up to under $20. The funniest part is that I walked into Walgreens before class to buy the soap, and debated buying some $$$ lipstick before deciding to just wait because the cashier line was so long.

vCash
    I need to go back to the USA and buy more makeup. I took it easy when I was there pre-wedding because I had spent so much in general, but now... I need a TONNE of NYX stuff, for one.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara (loved the Badgal but wanted to try something new. Almost ordered the Diorshow until I read Veronika's blog and thought better of it )
    This Mascara is amazing. I plan on splurging on it in December for my birthday. Avon's Super Shock is a decent lower-priced version, but the Benefit one blew me away.

Another reallllly good eyeliner is Stila's pen eyeliner. Nothing stays on my lids without eye shadow anymore, but THIS did. I was really amazed.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I wish I could find NYX in person...I've seen it at Ulta, but they have a very small selection. I get most of my NYX online.

I've been hauling a lot of anti-aging skin creams since I turned 33. Prevention is key, right?

vCash
    As long as you have something that maintains the skin's moisture barrier, you're good. Plus eating healthy, staying out of the sun and all that jazz keeps the skin looking young.
    So I guess for the launch of Johnny Weir's MAC line they built a little skating rink at the San Diego mall so he could skate around a bit. They say there are going to be figure skaters at the event on Saturday sooo...are they building rinks every time they have a launch party for this new line? That seems like a bit much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post

I've been hauling a lot of anti-aging skin creams since I turned 33. Prevention is key, right?
    I'm quite past 33. And I got carded buying wine on my recent round numbered birthday. Then the clerk said "damn, girl! What do you do to look so young?"

I have extremely sensitive skin. All I use for moisturizer is The Body Shop's aloe cream. That's it. And stay out of the sun, make sure there is SPF in your foundation, eat healthy, don't smoke, etc...like Scintillation said.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast