Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    You have beautiful hair! I think I'll have to learn how to use my diffuser
    Thank you! I spent all of my college years figuring it out--high school was easier, as I did swim team and had zero time to style it.
    I've found I have to alternate between products because my hair gets used to a product after awhile and it doesn't work in the same way. And the diffuser was a revelation-I can get my hair to last a day or two longer when I use it. Air dried hair frizzes much easier.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thank you! I took advantage today and got my trusty Clinique High Impact mascara, eye and face creams and a Sephora nail polish in Chic and Rebel (black).
    I went for some bargains today...I got:
    --Stila/Haute in the Hamptons - Collectible Beach Palette No. 2 (eyeshadow/blush palette--on sale for $14!)
    --Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sellout (I've been wanting to get this one for years now)
    --Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Set (includes mascara, eyeliner, mascara primer, and kohl liner--only $29.50!)

I also got Philsophy Purity facewash as my 100-point Beauty Insider perk.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I got Purity as well. Love that stuff, have an industrial size bottle. I went through 2 or 3 Sellout shadows at some point. Enjoy!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    The Sephora website has already crashed a few times today...I'm glad I ordered early. There are some pretty funny posts about this on the MakeupAlley message board.

vCash
    Since it will be awhile before I work up the courage to get my eyebrows done permanently, does anyone know a good eyebrow pencil? I used a Benefit one that came with something else I bought, and it's nice, but just a shade dark, imo. So if I hit Sephora this weekend, does anyone have any suggestions?

vCash
    I think I'm offended that the salesgirl at Sephora gave me a sample of anti-aging serum with my purchase today.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Don't be. These days they start you as early as 28.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Don't be. These days they start you as early as 28.
    That, or she spotted my emerging laugh lines.
    Oh well... I'm embracing my youth with Sephora's new OPI glimmer nail polish line!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Since it will be awhile before I work up the courage to get my eyebrows done permanently, does anyone know a good eyebrow pencil? I used a Benefit one that came with something else I bought, and it's nice, but just a shade dark, imo. So if I hit Sephora this weekend, does anyone have any suggestions?
    Lancome has a nice pencil that is very powdery with a mascara like wand at the other end of the pencil. I find that if I go out of the hairline, I can simply smoosh my brow with my fingers and it tightens up the pencil. (does that make sense?) I also like Clinique's brow pencil - it's much more "solid" and takes a bit more work with less room for error.

I've only begun wearing brow pencil about a year ago or so, and I love it!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    That, or she spotted my emerging laugh lines.
    Oh well... I'm embracing my youth with Sephora's new OPI glimmer nail polish line!
    Which one? I have been into various shades of grey lately but haven't yet done glimmer.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Anastasia brow products are fantastic. I mostly use the duo powder, but the pencils are excellent as well. She's got really cool sets that have wax crayons, highlighters, the whole nine yards.

If you have access to Shu Uemura, their Seal Brown 02 pencil, hard formula, also gets raves for brunettes. Not sure of your hair color

vCash
    Fake blonde with purple streaks, natural super dark brunette. I think. I haven't seen it since I was 16.....

vCash
    Which one? I have been into various shades of grey lately but haven't yet done glimmer.
    I got Stop Stocking Me (golden plum glimmer) and New Years Red-Solution (golden plum red).
    I couldn't help it, I also got this one.

They're all really pretty on. My hands look festive!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    These are fun, Habs!

Great. Now I want My Personal Serpent, In The Shadows and Caught With My Khakis Down.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ladies, check this out: Johnny Weir launches a make up line with MAC! (from another thread)

http://makeupforlife.net/2011/10/mac...-pictures.html

What is a paint pot?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Ladies, check this out: Johnny Weir launches a make up line with MAC! (from another thread)

http://makeupforlife.net/2011/10/mac...-pictures.html

What is a paint pot?
    Yes MAC is doing a special event here next weekend called "glitter and ice" with figure skaters in tow--I think I mentioned it earlier. Johnny Weir looks delightfully avant garde on the invite.
    And their paint pot is a cream eyeshadow.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks! Are the paint pot shadows any good?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I've never actually tried any of their eyeshadows, although I work with some of their sales associates on occasion. Maybe they're just selling the product 24/7 but they seem to really love all the eyeshadows.
    And a girl stopped by from Sephora to give out invites to a closed-door family&friends event on Sunday. 20% off the total purchase...I am so screwed. I really want more nail polish colors.

Quadless
    vCash
    Eyebrow help. (Check out all the related posts as well.)
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Thanks! Are the paint pot shadows any good?
    I use Paint Pot in Painterly, and I love it. I use it in the morning when I have little time to put on makeup, and it keeps my eyeliner from transferring to my top lid, and makes me look a little more put together. It's very close to my skin colour. No creasing, no fading, etc.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast