Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash

I just found an excellent hair stylist and after four appointments, I got an email from the salon saying she had left. Now I have to find someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post

I just found an excellent hair stylist and after four appointments, I got an email from the salon saying she had left. Now I have to find someone else.
    Call them and see if they will tell you where she went. It's worked for me before.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Call them and see if they will tell you where she went. It's worked for me before.

Me too. Usually it is the official practice that a salon will not give that information, but sometimes another stylist in the salon will spill if you ask privately.
    Last edited by Norlite; 09-29-2011 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    ^ try and find her on Facebook. Most stylists are. Good luck!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Me too. Usually it is the official practice that a salon will not give that information, but sometimes another stylist in the salon will spill if you ask privately.
    I asked the salon and they wouldn't tell me. Google might work

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Thanks, Cyn. Do you know if the Visionnaire goes on before or after the Genefique serum?
    Just got off the phone with , who filled me in as to how Visionnaire should be used.

If you've been using Génefique, keep using it, but only in the mornings, and use the Visionnaire at night. Visionnaire does a lot of repair work on your skin, and since the body naturally does its repair and rejuvenation during sleep, nighttime application will yield the best results from the product.

Also, a lot of people (in testing and overall feedback) stated that using both the Génefique and Visionnaire in tandem was almost "too much" on their skin, in some cases causing minor irritation.

I'm picking up my samples of Visionnaire later on today, so tonight I will add it to my skincare regimen.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    I'm not a Lancome brand skincare expert, but using two serums at once sounds like overkill.
    Oh and I was looking through my sister's bathroom cupboard the other day to try and find my hair stuff and she had the whole Genefique system. Full size. HOW DID SHE AFFORD THAT??

vCash
    Do you have a Von Maur department store near you? Their store credit card is interest free (higher monthly payments). This is where I go when I want to splurge on higher end shoes and jeans. And makeup.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I've heard of a perfume that has bergamot, tobacco, and vodka in it...I'm curious to smell it, although it sounds like it might be completely awful. I love bergamot though, it's such a good natural deodorant.
    Bulgari's BLV Notte Pour Femme, maybe?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Bulgari's BLV Notte Pour Femme, maybe?
    Iris, galanga, vodka, and dark chocolate. Close enough.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mila19 View Post
    I have full lips as well but not a big mouth like Angelina. For what I noticed dark shades can actually make your lips look smaller. I actually plan to use it as a stain-like base under a lip balm during the day, neutrals look meh on me.
    That's interesting. I suppose if I had a tan and this was an evening occasion I could try this but I still think it's too intense on me. It's a very good red.

I've been going for a stronger eye with nude lip on special occasions lately. My hair looks pretty much like this right now, may be less highlights.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I've been going for a stronger eye with nude lip on special occasions lately.
    That's one of my favorite looks! I've been loving 1960's style cat eye lately.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't go as far as cat eye but I do line the inside of the lid and on the outside a bit too on occasion, kinda like Penelope here. I go without liner or just a bit of dark brown liner on the top lid to work if only to make the lashes look longer.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Iris, galanga, vodka, and dark chocolate. Close enough.
    Eh?

BLV Notte opens with notes of fresh galanga, mandarin and bergamot; the heart unifies vodka, acacia, powdery iris and tobacco blossom; the base reveals dark chocolate, ginger and amber.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/B...Femme-149.html

It's not one of my favorites; it smells kind of like a spicy-ish baby powder on me.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That's interesting. I suppose if I had a tan and this was an evening occasion I could try this but I still think it's too intense on me. It's a very good red.
    It probably has to do with the texture of the lipstick more than the shade. They usually are matte finished so at least on me they make my lips look smaller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Eh?

BLV Notte opens with notes of fresh galanga, mandarin and bergamot; the heart unifies vodka, acacia, powdery iris and tobacco blossom; the base reveals dark chocolate, ginger and amber.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/B...Femme-149.html

It's not one of my favorites; it smells kind of like a spicy-ish baby powder on me.
    Oh I looked it up on amazon.com...they didn't give the most thorough description. It sounds interesting. My current favorite scent is Origin's Ginger Essence (ginger, bergamot, lemon, lime) so maybe I'd like it.
    I got my hair colored today--she tried to give me violet highlights but they came out as more red highlights with a violet hue. It looks good, just not exactly what I was hoping for...but seeing as how I only paid 10 bucks, I'm not that upset.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I just got done coloring my hair - instead of maintaining its regular color, I toned it down to a medium auburn with the slightest coppery shimmer. It's exactly what I was aiming for - it's the perfect shade for Autumn and it complements my skin tone, so I'm and feeling a bit right now, even without a bit of make-up on .

Part of me wants to haul out all of my shadows, liners, and lip colors to try a bunch of different color palettes and looks with the new shade, but I'm too tired . I hate getting older .
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Where else would I post this silly poll but here: http://thelook.today.com/_news/2011/...rthy?GT1=43001.

Also I just had my hair cut and colored and both services went up from $75 to $80 apiece. The wax-and-brows at Aveda went from $57 to $60.

Grooming is expensive.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    $60 for waxing?? Wow. Don't they usually have someone who charges less? I went to a girl for awhile that charged $25 for brow waxing, and she did a really good job.
    Also--ask if anyone is training in at the salon. That's how I got the $10 color job, and my hair looks pretty damn good. (She also threw in the new botanical therapy treatment service under the radar so my hair is unbelievably soft.) Sometimes stylists need "models" to try new treatments, and they'll charge waaaaay less if you volunteer.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Where else would I post this silly poll but here: http://thelook.today.com/_news/2011/...rthy?GT1=43001.

Also I just had my hair cut and colored and both services went up from $75 to $80 apiece. The wax-and-brows at Aveda went from $57 to $60.

Grooming is expensive.
    That article reminds me of the woman I spoke to at the Sears Lancome counter a couple of weeks ago. She had so much foundation caked on, I couldn't take my eyes off her face. If you look upthread, I came here to ask Cyn's opinion about the product. I did that because I doubted her. Turns out she gave me the wrong information....the Lancome woman, not Cyn.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast