Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Citruses make me smell sour. Which might be my natural psychological state, explaining why I need sweet musky perfumes to smell good.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like citrus and green scents but generally don't wear them. I am not perky enough, I guess.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Citruses make me smell sour. Which might be my natural psychological state, explaining why I need sweet musky perfumes to smell good.
    you are bitter inside!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I've heard of a perfume that has bergamot, tobacco, and vodka in it...I'm curious to smell it, although it sounds like it might be completely awful. I love bergamot though, it's such a good natural deodorant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Can someone recommend a good brush for my Makeup Forever HD Foundation? I bought the brush that was recommended with the foundation, but I wonder if a flat top brush something like this one would blend better? I've seen a few tutorials on YouTube that prefer the flat kind.
    Depends on your skin type. Are you dry, dry to normal or oily? I have dry skin and I've found that using a flat top brush can cause my face to look ashy or flakey. The buffing motion can be like a like light exfolication to the skin. I use the regular foundation brush, in short strokes and a slight patting motion to help blend the foundation and remove possible streaks.

Here are some great youtube videos on this.

http://youtu.be/XXS5FWsxXuI I love this guy, Wayne Goss is an incredible makeup artist.

http://youtu.be/Xbi7xkCCYLM

In regards to brushes, if you want a flat top kabuki brush, I would go with a Sigma Brush. They have a flat top kabuki and a round top kabuki. I use the Flat top with blush(powder and cream and bronzer. Its an excellent brush and very highly rated. Also, it costs $16.

Sigma Flat Top Kabuki

Round Top Kabuki

A sponge is nice option too, but I would not recommend the sponge for "application". Also, the sponge is better for blending that application. I have a special blending sponge I use it for blending and the only application of foundation I would use it for is cream. Personally, I love cream foundation. It gets a bad rap because I think many apply incorrectly and they get a full coverage out of it. I use a little water or a makeup wetting spray with my beauty blender sponge and the coverage is light to medium.
    Last edited by topaz; 09-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Someone asked me about Bobbi Brown's gel liners. I bought two in Ivy Shimmer and Black Plum Ink. I LOVE the black plum ink. Its a plum/black, matte color. Its so pretty on a neutral or natural shawdowed eye.

I would highly recommend it.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    I think I found my meaty-red lipstick. It's called "Cutting edge" from Rimmel

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I only have two Bobbi Brown lipsticks but one is my favorite of all I own -- Italian Rose, in their creamy formulation. A nice, natural pink that is flattering but not bright.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mila19 View Post
    That's a nice color but I couldn't pull that off. I have too much lip, approaching Angelina Jolie territory.

I only have two Bobbi Brown lipsticks but one is my favorite of all I own -- Italian Rose, in their creamy formulation. A nice, natural pink that is flattering but not bright.
    This sounds a lot more up my alley.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Someone did my makeup to my liking! She wasn't even a "trained" makeup artist. Gives me and my no time for school hope. I went into Sephora desperate for a proper matte eyeshadow kit, and walked out with Too Faced's Romantic Eye. Didn't think I'd like it, but it's a perfect addition to my Naked Eye palette. Too Faced has quickly overtaken Urban Decay in my favourite high end line. Maybe I'm getting older and simply like more muted shades vs. the shimmery crayons UD offers.

Quote Originally Posted by mila19 View Post
    That is a fantastic colour! Rimmel's Heather used to be a favourite shade. I may have to go back to their lipsticks.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    From the last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by paulac View Post
    Got some samples of the new Lancome serum "Visionnaire" today - looking forward to trying it!
    Have you used the sample yet, paulac? They tried to get me to buy it today when I went to pick up some stuff. She said it is to be used in addition to the Genefique, but geez, that a lot of stuff on my face every day and night. She was raving about it, and I told her I would think about it. She gave me a couple of samples to try.

Cyn, do you have any info in it?
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Veering back into color territory, but there's a new stylist training at the salon downstairs from us and she's doing haircuts for free and hair colors for a $10 product charge. I booked my appointment with her for Friday and I'm letting her do whatever she wants--so excited! She's going to do panels of plum and some kind of highlight. It could be crap but it could also be amazing.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Paulac:Got some samples of the new Lancome serum "Visionnaire" today - looking forward to trying it!
    Have you used the sample yet, paulac? They tried to get me to buy it today when I went to pick up some stuff. She said it is to be used in addition to the Genefique, but geez, that a lot of stuff on my face every day and night. She was raving about it, and I told her I would think about it. She gave me a couple of samples to try.

Cyn, do you have any info in it?
    The last time I talked with my from Lancome, she had received her Gratis (products sent to Associates to try at home - one of the perks of working in cosmetics) of Visionnaire, and she absolutely loves it. At that time, though (about 3 weeks ago), the store where she works was waiting on the samples to arrive. I'll have to check with her and go pick mine up , and will report back on what it does and how well it works.

I went to their site, and they have this video that explains what Visionnaire is and how it works. If it holds up to what they say it does, it will definitely be added to my skincare regimen - like I don't already have enough steps to it . I'm not complaining about it, though, because what I'm doing works - the skin on my face, especially the area around my eyes and my forehead, is smooth, firm, and has a healthy glow that wasn't there before.

I've been using the Renergie Multiple Action Eye Cream for two months now, and I have to say that it is FABULOUS - the lift it's given to the skin around my eyes is noticeable to the point that someone asked me if I'd had some work done . I'm also using the new formula of Bright Expert, which evens out skin tone. It's done wonders with my skin, which is pale but has, or rather *had*, a lot of splotchy pink to it. Now my skin has far less splotchiness and the overall tone of it is miles better than it had been.

Oh!! When I was there, did give me the info about Lancome's Beauty Box for this holiday season. They're doing it differently compared to previous years (and how most other lines do theirs) in that it's going to be available starting in October instead of after Thanksgiving. The biggest change is that instead of having a bunch of smaller/travel sized items, they have fewer things, but they are full size.

IIRC, the BB is $57.50 with *any* Lancome purchase. This year's BB will contain (again, all items full-sized):

- Bi-Facil (makeup remover)
    - Mascara (either Definicils or Hypnose Drama - they hadn't been told which one would be in the BB at that time)
    - Le Crayon Kohl (eyeliner - color TBD, probably either a dark charcoal or dark brown, likely the former)
    - 2 eye brushes.

WRT the cosmetics in the BB, the customer can choose either a Warm or Cool color palette for the following:

- 3 Color Design Eyeshadows
    - 1 Blush Subtil (oil-free powder blush)
    - 2 Lipsticks
    - 2 Juicy Tubes (gloss)

It all comes in a really cool looking "Train Case."

I did some quick math, and the items in the BB total to over $200.00 if purchased individually, so it's a pretty good deal if the colors are to your liking. I'm kind of bummed that there isn't any skincare stuff in it, but since those are products that are specific to a customer's individual needs, I can understand why they chose to leave them off.

Lancome also has three new fragrances - "Ô De Lancôme," "Ô D'Azur," and "Ô De L'Orangerie." In general, I have not liked their fragrances as they've always had an "old lady" stuffiness to them, but these three seem to be in a totally different direction - they're light, young, and fresh, and are far more appealing than just about all of their previous scents. gave me a few VOCs of each of them, and I've received several compliments on how they smell.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Thanks, Cyn. Do you know if the Visionnaire goes on before or after the Genefique serum?
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Thanks, Cyn. Do you know if the Visionnaire goes on before or after the Genefique serum?
    I'm not sure, but I will definitely find out and let you know .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That's a nice color but I couldn't pull that off. I have too much lip, approaching Angelina Jolie territory.
    I have full lips as well but not a big mouth like Angelina. For what I noticed dark shades can actually make your lips look smaller. I actually plan to use it as a stain-like base under a lip balm during the day, neutrals look meh on me.
    Last edited by mila19; 09-29-2011 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    My Lancome sales assistant told me to use the Visionnaire at night & the Genifique in the morning, not both together. I'm almost finished my samples, and I believe it has made a difference to fine lines. It hasn't faded my one age spot though I will purchase when I've finished the samples.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    My Lancome sales assistant told me to use the Visionnaire at night & the Genifique in the morning, not both together. I'm almost finished my samples, and I believe it has made a difference to fine lines. It hasn't faded my one age spot though I will purchase when I've finished the samples.
    Age spots -- the Clinique stuff works. Really. It's called Clinical and even with my history of tanning, in a few weeks dark spots are really faded.

I use the Genefique every other night. I'm also using the samples I got in the freebee package -- Renergie, Absolue and High Resolution, but does anyone know exactly what each is supposed to do?

And here's the BB lipstick: http://www.bing.com/shopping/creamy-...lppc=undefined. I have full lips too and bright colors just take over my face, I also think they're too harsh for older ladies.

vCash
    Age spots -- the Clinique stuff works. Really. It's called Clinical and even with my history of tanning, in a few weeks dark spots are really faded.
    Excellent - will try it!

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    And mine told me they should be used together at night.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast