Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1008
  1. #1
    gold dust woman
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,023
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Arrow Glamour Puss 4: Y'all are green with envy!

    Carry on!

  2. #2
    Two Pot Screamer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Keeper of Prancer's Stupidity
    Age
    50
    Posts
    13,099
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7795
    I fell in love with Makeup Forever's HD cream blush immediately after I tried it, so I immediately ordered the HD Foundation. Now I'm full of zits around my cheekbones and I don't even have the foundation yet

    I hope blemishes are just a coincidence.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Erm...what kind of oils are in that cream blush?

    Also can I just say I HATE people who get away with doing every wrong thing to their skin and it still looks fantastic? I had a woman today with great looking skin and she told me she uses her shampoo to wash her face in the morning, and then an Ivory bar in the afternoon if it gets any dirt on it.
    Why can't I get away with that?!?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,453
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I fell in love with Makeup Forever's HD cream blush immediately after I tried it, so I immediately ordered the HD Foundation. Now I'm full of zits around my cheekbones and I don't even have the foundation yet

    I hope blemishes are just a coincidence.
    Their HD foundation doesn't seem to break me out I couldn't get a great color match, though.

  5. #5
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    29,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20235
    I've been traveling and my travel blush is my sample of Stila cream blush in Lilium. That stuff stays put for 12 hours on me.

    What do you guys use to apply cream blush, other than your fingers?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Skating in a Canadian beautiful way
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,701
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6255
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I've been traveling and my travel blush is my sample of Stila cream blush in Lilium. That stuff stays put for 12 hours on me.

    What do you guys use to apply cream blush, other than your fingers?
    I'm afraid of cream blush.

  7. #7
    Briber of judges
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near St Louis
    Posts
    15,859
    vCash
    2574
    Rep Power
    14817
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What do you guys use to apply cream blush, other than your fingers?
    Try a very small fan brush. I find these very easy to blend both blush and contour colors when doing my drag make-up in a good way.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

  8. #8
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    29,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20235
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I'm afraid of cream blush.
    I can understand that. Cream blushes aren't as user friendly as powder ones.

    But they are not nearly as scary as BeneFit Benetint. That stuff is horrid on me--it dries in under a second before you have a chance to blend it so you end up with red blotches that aren't that easy to get rid of as this is a stain. And it splatters like blood from a severed artery. Sorry for the graphic analogy.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    We have ragweed pollen with the bonus of mold from months of standing water from the Missouri River flood (yes...I know, you've never heard about that...but, trust me, it is a big rive and it is a disastrous flood that impacted many--but by all means do not tell the national media). So in a new allergy symptom for me, my eyelids are swelling up. It's very attractive, of course. I called my optometrist. Verdict: new (expensive!) prescription eye drops and a directive to not wear eye makeup until a good hard freeze...

    I suppose I should probably follow directions. Except tomorrow. We're having a church directory photo taken and I refuse to have it taken with no eye makeup.

  10. #10
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,082
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15299
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I suppose I should probably follow directions. Except tomorrow. We're having a church directory photo taken and I refuse to have it taken with no eye makeup.
    I understand. I went to Israel in June with a slight eye infection, I had some glop from the clinic I got at the last minute which made it go away in a few days. I wasn't supposed to wear eye makeup either but I look like a rabbit without mascara so I did.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I understand. I went to Israel in June with a slight eye infection, I had some glop from the clinic I got at the last minute which made it go away in a few days. I wasn't supposed to wear eye makeup either but I look like a rabbit without mascara so I did.
    I currently look like a raccoon due to allergies, too. So there is no way I'm getting that picture taken without under eye concealer even if my lower lid is slightly swollen and should have no makeup near it. I'll wash it all off when we come back home!

  12. #12
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,082
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15299
    This reminds me of the woman who got in trouble a few weeks back -- the Surgeon General? -- for saying that women don't work out enough because they're afraid of messing up their hair.

    Well, if I were paying for weaves or blowouts, I wouldn't be working out five times a week either. It's only because I went curly-natural and just wash my hair when I'm sweaty that I do that schedule.

    Vanity is a bitch.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,453
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What do you guys use to apply cream blush, other than your fingers?
    Duo-fiber brushes (the kind with black short hairs and white longer hairs) work really well for cream blush.

    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    But they are not nearly as scary as BeneFit Benetint. That stuff is horrid on me--it dries in under a second before you have a chance to blend it so you end up with red blotches that aren't that easy to get rid of as this is a stain. And it splatters like blood from a severed artery. Sorry for the graphic analogy.
    Right?! Benetint is AWFUL. It's all over magazines constantly, and basically launched Benefit as a brand. I can't understand editors' obsession with it - they must get kickbacks or something. That and Maybelline Great Lash mascara.

  14. #14
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,829
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22411
    i love benetint
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,453
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i love benetint
    What's your secret?!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,797
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    That and Maybelline Great Lash mascara.
    Ha, so with you on the Great Lash mascara! It does absolutely NOTHING good for me, just flakes all over.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,634
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My stepmom loves Great Lash mascara. I hate it! Why is it so popular?!

    I do love the Benetint lip balm.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    896
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    543
    [QUOTE=IceAlisa;3299742]I can understand that. Cream blushes aren't as user friendly as powder ones.

    But they are not nearly as scary as BeneFit Benetint. That stuff is horrid on me--it dries in under a second before you have a chance to blend it so you end up with red blotches that aren't that easy to get rid of as this is a stain. [SIZE="1"]

    this is the problem i'm having - it's super blotchy. anyway to fix it?
    i heard powder blushes have more staying power than cream - true or untrue?

  19. #19
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,829
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    22411
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    What's your secret?!
    i dont know, i have oily skin so maybe that is why it blends well

    as for the great lash mascara, i dont get it either. my friend who is a makeup artist says he doesnt like it on real lashes but it is great on false eyelashes.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,871
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    This reminds me of the woman who got in trouble a few weeks back -- the Surgeon General? -- for saying that women don't work out enough because they're afraid of messing up their hair.

    Well, if I were paying for weaves or blowouts, I wouldn't be working out five times a week either. It's only because I went curly-natural and just wash my hair when I'm sweaty that I do that schedule.

    Vanity is a bitch.
    I don't work out until my hair says I need to wash it anyway. It takes an hour each time, it doesn't even cost me money. I just really need to be that efficient.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •