Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash

Modern Family Season 3

At the scene between Claire and Dillon. I read that Mitch and Cam's adoption of another baby is going to be a recurring storyline this season.

Alex has really, um, matured. And they've aged Lily up.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    OMG! The dude ranch episode is possibly my favorite ever. Well except Alex's storyline.

vCash
    I'm so loving this show now. Caught it during summer reruns two years ago and have been a fan ever since.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    the look on Sofia's face when she said "You'd be surprised what you can live with."

My family may or may not play the I was right game just like this.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is this the shortest adoption of what i assume will be an infant on record?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    No. They won't get the kid till the end of the season. They have much angst to suffer yet.

vCash
    What does everyone think of new Lily? I thought she was pretty good. I'm okay with it.

vCash
    Gah, was watching X Factor...dvr'ing Top Model, and forgot about Modern Family!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    the look on Sofia's face when she said "You'd be surprised what you can live with."
    My favorite part of the episode

I may or may not suffer from Claire's problem.

I liked the new Lily. And I feel her pain, my mother said I threw toys in my brother's crib and bit him and told my mom she couldn't hold him.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    What does everyone think of new Lily? I thought she was pretty good. I'm okay with it.
    She's not a bad actress for a 3 yo. Luke and Manny are my favorite of the kids hands down.

vCash
    She's not a bad actress for a 3 yo. Luke and Manny are my favorite of the kids hands down.
    I love Luke. They interviewed Nolan Gould for the Popsugar red carpet and he was a total natural. Absolutely adorable, hilarious and charming.

Haley's my favorite of the "kids". I think Sarah Hyland has really improved over the past year and has great comedic timing
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am not liking the new Lilly. She seems older than they have her acting to be, if that makes sense.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i loved baby lilly, she had the same blank stare as an easter peep
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The Modern Family premiere was good, but I do have one small whine. I wish I had DVRed it, rather than watched it in real time. The number of commercials was UNBELIEVABLE! The show seemed so chopped up because of it. Next week, I'm recording it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am not liking the new Lilly. She seems older than they have her acting to be, if that makes sense.
    I like the new Lily, but I do think the "age up" was a little too obvious.

My parents, who have just a cursory knowledge/liking of the show and characters, immediately recognized that "Lily" had made a drastic changed.

Not sure why they aged her up 2 years. Couldn't they find a real 3 year old with the same acting skills?

Having said that, I think it was a wise (and inevitable) decision to recast. As much as I loved Lily's deadpan expressions, eventually they needed a child actor who could emote something different just for the sake of the storylines.

We saw new!Lily give more personality in those two episodes than the original gave in two full seasons.

vCash

My family may or may not play the I was right game just like this.
    My favorite was watching Sofia break into the locker and return the locket so that Manny wouldn't get in trouble. Or when she told the principal that talking about neckties didn't mean anything.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Obviously no one here watches the soaps - there's a term for Lily, and it's SORAS - Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

Happens all the time on the soaps - a child gets sent off to boarding school or to live with their mother in Paris, and a year later they come back as teens or adults. Long time fans like to amuse themselves with calculating the actual age of characters and "proving" that one character cannot be another's child etc.

Husband: who's the kid?
    Me: that's Lily.
    Husband: oh, they SORASed her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Not sure why they aged her up 2 years. Couldn't they find a real 3 year old with the same acting skills?
    Was she aged up that much? She said she was 3 (though she was wrongly showing 4 fingers). Last season she would have been at least 1 1/2 but I thought she was 2. It isn't that big of a leap. Alex and Luke sure look like they grew up a lot too!

The actress is 4, so also not too different from the character.
    (The previous actresses are now 3, so she is only a little older than they are.)

vCash
    Why don't any of the female characters on this show have jobs?

vCash
    Claire is a stay at home Mom. Gloria is a trophy wife/stay at home Mom. The others are children (Haley has been shown working, briefly, but I don't think the job lasted.)

I think those are pretty realistic roles for women, though I don't know too many actual trophy wives, stay at home Moms are still important. There are just a lot more men then there are women on the show. Cam is a stay at home Dad.

I think a better question would be, why do none of the families have 2 parents working?
    The answer can pretty easily be given by "these families are upper middle class" (Jay/Gloria are probably considered "rich") having a stay at home parent is common.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast