Thread: Internet Media

vCash

Internet Media

Brandon Mroz's Quad Video and ISU's YouTube Channel highlight impact internet media is having on figure skating

Brandon Mroz's digitally recorded and first documented quad Lutz is currently the 2nd most watched video at U.S. Figure Skating's YouTube channel. Additionally, thousands of skating fans around the world are subscribing to the new ISU JGP YouTube Channel to view the competitive programs of the international competitors on this season's Junior Grand Prix for the first time.

What must be plain to skating officials around the globe now is "the whole world wants to see these videos, both competitive and non-competitive."

The lesson to be learned? The future of telecast figure skating must include a full use of internet components to maximize the sport's presentation.

-continued-
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Brandon Mroz's Quad Video and ISU's YouTube Channel highlight impact internet media is having on figure skating

Brandon Mroz's digitally recorded and first documented quad Lutz is currently the 2nd most watched video at U.S. Figure Skating's YouTube channel.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his quad on an online newspaper in Chicago (I believe) so to see it they would have clicked to the ISU's posting. That may be why it's up there in numbers. I hope the ISU puts all the skaters up there, I would love to see more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his quad on an online newspaper in Chicago (I believe) so to see it they would have clicked to the ISU's posting. That may be why it's up there in numbers. I hope the ISU puts all the skaters up there, I would love to see more.
    The video was posted to the web by his coach via the U.S. Figure Skating YouTube site and it was linked to from Philip Hersh's blog on the Chicago Tribune site. The video was not an ISU posting.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    The video was posted to the web by his coach via the U.S. Figure Skating YouTube site and it was linked to from Philip Hersh's blog on the Chicago Tribune site. The video was not an ISU posting.
    I'm sorry I should have said USFS not ISU. I forgot I saw it on Hersh's Blog, that's what took me to youtube, and many others I'm guessing.