Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash

Scott Hamilton Scott Cares Gala and Ice Show 2011

Cleveland, Ohio. November 5th.

http://www.scottcares.org/Events/201...owandGala.aspx

"Ice Show
    Tickets* on sale 9/26/11 at www.theqarena.com for $29.50, $39.50 & $59.50
    *On-Ice seats are reserved for Gala dinner patrons
    Scott Hamilton and Kristi Yamaguchi will co-host the star studded event.
    This year's all star skating line-up includes Dorothy Hamill, Katia Gordeeva, Ilia Kulik, Sasha Cohen, Jeffrey Buttle, Jozef Sabovcek, Kimmie Meissner, Joannie Rochette, Caryn Kadavy, Michael Weiss, Ryan Bradley, Steven Cousins, and Sinead & John Kerr."
    Last edited by mmscfdcsu; 09-21-2011 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Don't get discouraged if you can't seem to buy tickets - they do not go on sale until Monday morning at 10 a.m.

I'm going...

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    I will get there when I can...after work.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Sheryl Crow is listed as the musical guest as well.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Sheryl Crow is listed as the musical guest as well.
    Yes, she was at last year's show and committed right there to doing this year's show. She did a number last year I think. My memory is bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    Yes, she was at last year's show and committed right there to doing this year's show. She did a number last year I think. My memory is bad.
    You remembered right. She and Brad Paisley were surprise performers who did numbers and the main performer was Vince Gill.

I'm looking forward to going this year as well.

vCash
    Scott Hamilton and Kristi Yamaguchi will co-host the star studded event.
    This year's all star skating line-up includes Dorothy Hamill, Katia Gordeeva, Ilia Kulik, Sasha Cohen, Jeffrey Buttle, Jozef Sabovcek, Kimmie Meissner, Joannie Rochette, Caryn Kadavy, Michael Weiss, Ryan Bradley, Steven Cousins, and Sinead & John Kerr."
    Yet another show with Ryan Bradley that is not in Dallas nor attendable for me

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Yet another show with Ryan Bradley that is not in Dallas nor attendable for me
    Ahhhhhhhhh. Come on up to Cleveland. I'm really looking forward to seeing Bradley, Buttle and even Dorothy! And...this is a local benefit. It is never televised. So...if you want to see it, come on up.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    This is not just a benefit, but a sold out benefit. (At least it was the last time I attended 2 years ago.) There's something special about the level of loyalty this event attracts.

vCash
    Ahhhhhhhhh. Come on up to Cleveland. I'm really looking forward to seeing Bradley, Buttle and even Dorothy! And...this is a local benefit. It is never televised. So...if you want to see it, come on up.
    I wish. I really do. I blew all my money on antionals

Plus, I have to go to school and work. I look forward to hearing your report though!

vCash
    Public sale of tickets for Scott's show is open!!!

http://www.theqarena.com/
    Last edited by Willowway; 09-26-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    $59.50 for one ticket

Sub Total $59.50

Facility Fee $3.00

Handling Fee $4.00

Convenience Fee $9.05

Amount to be charged to your credit card $75.55

Love all of those fees.
    Last edited by mmscfdcsu; 09-27-2011 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    I know. I was on the phone ordering seats for a bunch of us and I just started laughing the extra charges were so bad! The person on the phone had nothing to do with it but honestly...I told them (with humor) to tell the powers that be at the arena that the "convenience charge" was very inconvenient for me. He laughed too.

You call them, you pick up your tickets when you're there - I know they have costs, but really, the Quicken Loans Arena is pretty extreme.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    This weekend!

vCash
    Gosh, can some of those people still skate...?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I'm glad that all of the skaters are participating for such a good cause.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    I just got back a little bit ago. It was a fun show. IMO the best skater of the night was Ilia Kulik. He was hitting high, easy triples. Joannie Rochette was lovely, but really struggled on her jumps. She landed 2 or 3 of them two footed and after 2 and 1/2 rotations. Unfortanately, they were not axels or the rotations would have been okay. Tons of back flips by 2 or 3 skaters. Caryn Kadavy and http://twitter.com/#!/OlympianUncut
    were wonderful. Kadavy has really kept up her technique.

All the skaters skated to Sheryl Crow singing live. I think I would have enjoyed the performances more if the skaters had skated at least a few of their own numbers.

Scott was Scott. At the end of the show, his youngest kid came out on skates but was too shy to skate for us. Maybe next year.
    This show, that raises money for the Cleveland Clinic, grows every year. Most of the money is probably made through the big bash, going on now, and through the sponsorships. Still, for a small show, it was great to see over 8,000 in the seats.

http://twitter.com/#!/OlympianUncut/...234048/photo/1

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Butt

Completely forgot to say that Alissa Czisny was lovely. She seemed soooo thin, but skated very well.

http://lockerz.com/s/153590981
    Last edited by mmscfdcsu; 11-06-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: To add more links

vCash
    I wish Ilia K. would do SOI, I might be able to go to a show next year on the east coast. Every year I say I'm going to Scott's show or one of the other show's, but am a little tied down at the moment. Except in 6 hours I am leaving for a week in Florida. The first whole week I've had in the 5 years.

vCash
    A bunch of us from the Krew were so happy to see this year's version of Scott CARES. Terrific show. The five of us are among the millions of American women who would like to be Sheryl Crow just for an evening - we each have a hidden rocker inside us. We'd love to sing, to rock out. And she did! She and her band are terrific! Lots of fun but also moving when she talked about her cancer and sang a song she wrote in response to treatment called "Make It Go Away." Her friendship and connection with Scott were clear and very real - they are obviously friends and have fun with one another. During the dress rehearsal her language was 'salty' and she was very funny and kept assuring Scott that she'd clean it up for the evening show. And she did - not quite as funny though.

The big name guest star was Dorothy Hamill and Sheryl was even funny enough to have contributed of a photo of herself (she looked about 11 and it was up on the Jumbotron) with a not too flattering version of the Dorothy haircut just to prove what a fan she had been. Really cute! Dorothy skated a simple and elegant program and she skated beautifully - as our group noted, her back positions, her long edges are still there and at her age that's a real testimony. Good for her - she looked terrified up close but relaxed at the end of the program. During the dress she was nervous you could tell, but she did it. And she looked lovely.

Ilia skated fantastically as noted above, Buttle was very good (also contributed the good choreography for the group numbers which were more complex and faster that usual for these one-off shows - I appreciated that - another rehearsal and the cast wouldn't have been watching out for collisons, several of which almost happened), Alissa lovely (but so very thin), Katia was missing jumps which she had hit earlier in the day but she doesn't need the jumps - she had my favorite Crow song "The First Cut is the Deepest" and was lovely. Something happened to Joannie and she did not skate her solo - just the group numbers. The rest of the cast were Cousins, Meissner, Weiss, Sabovcek, Melissa & Dennis, Ryan Bradley and Caryn Kadavy who pulled off a more interesting skate that her usual. The spirit from everyone was wonderful (regardless of individual results) and they were all commited to what they were doing.

It was a great evening - as Drew Carey would say, Cleveland rocks!
    Last edited by Willowway; 11-08-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    So glad you and the Krew had a good time Willowway. Ilia never disappoints in his performances. Glad you also had fun, mmscfdcsu.

This show is obviously personally meaningful to a lot of the skaters who have either dealt with the disease or have loved ones who have.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast