vCash

Biggest Loser - Battle of the Ages

Anybody watch last night?

15 contestants separated into groups based on age... young team, middle team, older team.

Not enough time to determine who I like or don't, all I know is I was at the older women catfight that happened right before the vote.

Poor Anna, she seems like the sweetest person ever, she's not tough enough to be a trainer on this show, I don't think, and she got stuck with the older group that might not be as physically capable as the younger groups. I hope they shake things up, or we're going to have a Pagonging right off the top of the season.

LOVE that all 15 contestants will be running a marathon! That was the thing I missed about last season, that they didn't have the BL Marathon... it's what inspired me to run mine! Also like that the winner gets a guaranteed spot in the final weigh in, regardless if they were voted out previously. Finally, a chance for someone to 100% earn their spot and not get screwed over by alliances and such.

Looks like it could be a promising season.

vCash
    I think it will be a supportive group of competitors which is what I like to see but I did think it was tough on Anna being selected last & having the older 5 which included a woman with a bum knee & another who wanted to rest all the time. I think they should put Anna with the young ones & put Bob with the older ones.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I really liked what I saw last night and think this has the potential to be a really great season. ITA w/both of you that it was tough for Anna to end up w/the team of older people, but I'm basing that on her experience as a Trainer.

From what I know, she's only just recently gotten her Cerfitication, so she's still learning the ropes. It's too bad the Older Group didn't get Bob, as he's got the experience of years of training people and he knows what needs to be done to get an older metabolism up and burning. Anna might know mentally how to do that from her program she got her Certification from, but has she had to put that into practice before now? Probally not. I really hope her team can bounce back next week, but I have a bad feeling her team's the one that's going to shrink the fastest and I don't mean in weight either sadly.

I think the right person went home last night though. After seeing the way Debbie acted towards Anna during the Workouts and then what she said to Bonnie after the weight in, Debbie would have only caused more trouble for the team as time went on. No one wants someone like that around and we've seen in past Seasons when the time came for the contestants to go Black vs Blue what happened to the team that did have someone like Debbie as a member. They never did well because they were constantly having to deal w/the "drama" that Member caused.

It's JMO, but I think the right choice was made last night.

Oh and ITA w/the new "twist" that everyone gets to come back to do the Marathon and the winner, regardless if they were elmiminated or still on the Ranch, is an automatic Finalist. Great idea and also a very fair one too.

One thing that's stuck w/me today though? The last couple of Seasons, it took me at least a couple of weeks to learn names to go w/the faces/stories. Today I was telling my Dad about last night's Premiere and I was able to place names w/about seven contestants. As I said, that hasn't happened w/me for two Seasons and, to me, is a good sign on what kind of a Season we could be in store for.

At least I hope so!!

vCash
    Has anyone been watching this season?

vCash
    I have. I felt really bad to see Patrick leave. Courtney will be next so IMO they should have let her go (never mind the sobbing) last night.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have too. I agree Anna isn't tough enough for the show - the screaming is part of the spectacle. I'd like her to be my trainer at the gym though -- at my gym, I never hear trainers screaming at the tops of their lungs at people.

I haven't really warmed up to any particular contestant. I thought it was nice that the football coach got the Super Bowl tix. Also cool that the injured woman had such a huge weight loss. I also like that everyone will be back for the Marathon.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.