vCash

Marley and Brubaker Injured?

I just read they withdrew from Nebelhorn. Anyone know why?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They have a minimum score from last season, and if they are healthy, they don't need Nebelhorn to be eligible to compete at Skate America.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    In the Nebelhorn thread it was said that she is injured but not very badly. Better safe than sorry.

vCash
    A little OT, but I always wonder how female pair skaters don't have more rib injuries now that they can't assist with their hands on the catch on the split tripe twists. MB Marley in particular looked like a rag doll to me last year the way she would crash into his upper body on the catches with his hands jamming into her ribs. Made me worry for her.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    What a bummer! I was hoping they would skate at Nebelhorn...I think they needed the feedback from the international judging panel and some more competition experience before SA. Hope everyone is OK and it's nothing serious and I agree that is is better to be safe than sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    In the Nebelhorn thread it was said that she is injured but not very badly. Better safe than sorry.
    This is what I posted in the Nebelhorn thread in the Kiss and Cry forum over the weekend: "Heard that Marley/Brubaker WD from Nebelhorn due to an injury (Mary Beth's) that's not serious and they should be fine for the fall season."

vCash
    I just remember not feeling so great about Marley's strength as a pairs skater after watching their performance this summer (via Youtube)...might have been in Indiana?? She was constantly falling/sliding across the ice. Has anyone seen her skate well this year?

vCash
    Yes-- she looked strong at Glacier Falls. She dud comment that she is still developing her pairs skating muscles.

vCash
    Best wishes to Mary Beth in her recovery. Great opportunity for Vise/Baldwin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    .....split tripe twists.
    Yipe! sounds...delicious?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anova22033 View Post
    I just remember not feeling so great about Marley's strength as a pairs skater after watching their performance this summer (via Youtube)...might have been in Indiana?? She was constantly falling/sliding across the ice. Has anyone seen her skate well this year?
    Perhaps you're thinking of Skate for Hope, a show, in Columbus, OH back in June? Marley/Brubaker haven't competed at Indy Challenge these past two seasons.

vCash
    I hope we see them competing again soon. I miss Rockne.

vCash
    Wishing Marley a full & speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing them compete this season.