Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    OMG! That Kostner/Lambiel duet to R&J is the most.charming.thing.EVER!! These two should just start an ice dance team together NOW.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    ^^^ Yes, isn't it beautiful. both of them!
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you very much or your impressions! But what about Cappellini/Lanotte? Were they so unnoticable that you forgot about them right away ? Or you simply don't/didn't like them?
    They skated to Amami Alfredo (La Traviata) in the first half. Anna was wearing a red dress and at the beginning she was dancing next to a table (because the character is writing at that moment). Then Luca arrived and they started to dance together. IMO that song was very difficult to interpret because the Opera singers were not just singing, but talking too, and Anna and Luca could portray with their body movements and facial expressions every single word that the singers were saying. If you don't spek Italian, I recommend you to first read the lyrics of the song and then watch their video.
    In the second half they skated to Cavatina di Figaro (Barbiere di Siviglia). Luca was the barber, of course. He interpreted the part very well. At the beginning he was alone, dancing and interpreting the character. Then other skaters (the barber's clients) arrived, he asked them if they needed anything from him and they all refused his services. Then Anna came, wearign a beautiful white dress. She started to play with Luca (if you go further you can see other photos of their performance). Also in this song there are parts where the singer is just talking and not singing, and again, Anna and Luca were able to portray on the ice every single word. Luca was great in interpreting Figaro, and you could tell that Anna loved performing wearing those gorgeous costumes, which IMO helped her getting into the part even more.
    My favourite costume is the second one, they both look SO elegant
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you very much or your impressions! But what about Cappellini/Lanotte? Were they so unnoticable that you forgot about them right away ? Or you simply don't/didn't like them?
    Oooops, no I like them a lot and I have no idea why I forgot about them in my report ... sorry! Pingu summarized their programs really well. They looked beautiful and the costumes were cool. I sat at the side of the rink so it was hard to interpret their facial expressions as they were mostly facing the front of the crowd. But their skating was beautiful no matter what!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    They skated to Amami Alfredo (La Traviata) in the first half. Anna was wearing a red dress and at the beginning she was dancing next to a table (because the character is writing at that moment). Then Luca arrived and they started to dance together. IMO that song was very difficult to interpret because the Opera singers were not just singing, but talking too, and Anna and Luca could portray with their body movements and facial expressions every single word that the singers were saying. If you don't spek Italian, I recommend you to first read the lyrics of the song and then watch their video.
    In the second half they skated to Cavatina di Figaro (Barbiere di Siviglia). Luca was the barber, of course. He interpreted the part very well. At the beginning he was alone, dancing and interpreting the character. Then other skaters (the barber's clients) arrived, he asked them if they needed anything from him and they all refused his services. Then Anna came, wearign a beautiful white dress. She started to play with Luca (if you go further you can see other photos of their performance). Also in this song there are parts where the singer is just talking and not singing, and again, Anna and Luca were able to portray on the ice every single word. Luca was great in interpreting Figaro, and you could tell that Anna loved performing wearing those gorgeous costumes, which IMO helped her getting into the part even more.
    My favourite costume is the second one, they both look SO elegant
    Thank you for the detailed an wonderful description . Only I am not allowed to view the photos on the Facebook page for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Oooops, no I like them a lot and I have no idea why I forgot about them in my report ... sorry! Pingu summarized their programs really well. They looked beautiful and the costumes were cool. I sat at the side of the rink so it was hard to interpret their facial expressions as they were mostly facing the front of the crowd. But their skating was beautiful no matter what!
    Oh, it's nothing. Probably I was being a bit too mean - although not intentionally. Thank you .

vCash

vCash
    Thanks so much for all material from this show!

Oh my, Carolina and Stephane were really awesome in their single skating and in duet, WOW! The way they feel the music is outstanding.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Fabulous costumes!
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko, speech at Opera On Ice 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEemV...ature=youtu.be

jiggs, you wrote:

"He had a lot of fans in the arena and seemed to be very grateful to be part of the show. "

I don't understand, what do you want to say? Evgeni was very grateful?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    "He had a lot of fans in the arena and seemed to be very grateful to be part of the show. "

I don't understand, what do you want to say? Evgeni was very grateful?
    I meant Evgeni, yes. He looked and sounded grateful to be part of the show!

vCash
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pixele...9689628&type=1

Opera on ice pictures from Aljona and Robin's 'pixeleis' facebook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    I meant Evgeni, yes. He looked and sounded grateful to be part of the show!
    Of course, like everybody who was performer on the show. I think he was very polite. You know, he was invited in last year, too, but he was injured in last autumn. As you can see he has so many fans in Italy, the organizers knew it, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW4WQQhHjdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVSRd8E28Go

beautiful pics:

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kkfksenia/album/189771/
    Last edited by lala; 09-25-2012 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    Thank you for all the comments and pictures. Now I can see all but

Is there a possibility to the direct link on them too?
    It is such a pity that it has bee impossible to be there. Maybe I should consider a trip to Italy next time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Thank you for all the comments and pictures. Now I can see all but

It is such a pity that it has bee impossible to be there. Maybe I should consider a trip to Italy next time.
    I don't know. Yes, that was so beautiful show in beautiful historical place. I was in Verona and in the Arena, but with the skating show it would be an incredible trip.

vCash
    Thanks to everyone for their reports, photos and videos. The music, the arena and of course the skaters and singers were so lovely and fabulous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    The first link has a few pictures of Plushenko, the second has hundreds of pictures (that's where I took the pics of Anna and Luca) and it would be impossible to link every single picture. I can link some of them, if you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    The first link has a few pictures of Plushenko, the second has hundreds of pictures (that's where I took the pics of Anna and Luca) and it would be impossible to link every single picture. I can link some of them, if you want.
    thank you. It would be nice to get some great shot of Carolina if you can, but otherwise it's ok. I already got many links from all of you

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast