Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Opera on Ice - Arena di Verona, Italy - Oct. 1, 2011 & Sept. 22, 2012

English version of the official site: http://www.operaonice.eu/index.php/en/la-vision/
    We will create, for the first time in the world, a show never seen before: a Grand Gala of artistic ice skating inside a prestigious historic monument such as Arena di Verona.

Linking different art forms, the beauty of the theatre and its stage with the performances of the worlds best ice skaters together with the interpretation of the most celebrated lyrical operas.

The first edition of Opera on Ice will showcase the most famous operas from the lyrical program of Arena di Verona 2012: * Rigoletto, * Aida, * Carmen, * Romeo e Giuletta, * Turandot, * Tosca.
    Skaters: http://www.operaonice.eu/index.php/en/gli-interpreti/

From the News section of the site:
    Thanks to an agreement between the organization of Opera on Ice and Nexo Digital, figure skating will be shown live in movie theatres for the first time in history! The event "Opera on Ice" will be screened simultaneously in 600 cinemas of 40 different countries worldwide. Opera on Ice takes place at the Arena di Verona on October 1st. Carolina [Kostner], who is testimonial of this event, attended the Venice film festival this week to promote Opera on Ice. She looked beautiful on the red carpet wearing an elegant red Roberto Cavalli dress.

vCash
    well,I just want to know are there any broadcast project on TV too? really want to see the videos,the show sounds so special and intersting!

Sandhu was so great when I saw him on Art on Ice Shanghai,look forward to his performace~it's a pity he didn't do much shows these years,hope he can do more from now on,really impressive

vCash
    Is there any information in which cinemas it will be shown?

vCash
    What an ideal cast for the theme.
    I too, hope that this will be broadcast, so that audiences "elsewhere" can see it.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Wow! Sounds wonderful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan26 View Post
    Is there any information in which cinemas it will be shown?
    I e-mailed them to ask for a list of participating cinemas and they replied that they wouldn't have information on dates and venues until after January 2012

vCash
    Wow such a fantastic idea and cast. I am over the moon that Sandhu and Lambiel both great showman will be performing in this theatrical operatic extravaganza. My Gosh hope somehow it can be televised or filmed and released on DVD. This is the best news!

luCN, I AGREE about Sandhu's art on ice performances, I enjoyed what I saw of them too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    I e-mailed them to ask for a list of participating cinemas and they replied that they wouldn't have information on dates and venues until after January 2012
    It must be some misunderstanding. I have read that they plan to continue this project (Italian opera + figure skating) in other countries in the future. Maybe they thought that you were asking about the next show.

vCash
    I would like to know if they will show it in my country, too. It's only a couple of weeks until the show...They should have already announced the participating countries and cinemas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    I would like to know if they will show it in my country, too. It's only a couple of weeks until the show...They should have already announced the participating countries and cinemas.
    After what Nadin wrote I first thought that it was a misunderstanding. Now I am starting to think that probably the show won't be broadcast live, but shown in cinemas later (obviously sometime next year if they say that they are going to know a precise list of countries and cinemas only in January). Probably I am wrong, but now it looks like it .

vCash
    Emanuel Sandhu is still skating? Never hear much of him these days.

Anyway. . . I think opera on ice makes perfect sense, since so many of the warhorses of skating are from opera scores (Carmen, Turandot, Tosca come to mind off the top of my head).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    After what Nadin wrote I first thought that it was a misunderstanding. Now I am starting to think that probably the show won't be broadcast live, but shown in cinemas later (obviously sometime next year if they say that they are going to know a precise list of countries and cinemas only in January). Probably I am wrong, but now it looks like it .
    My original e-mail to them was quite clear, so I doubt it was a misunderstanding, although that's what I thought at first which is why I wrote to them again last week to ask whether that meant the show wouldn't be broadcast live. Haven't heard any more after that, but will post if they do get back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it will be broadcasted live, because they really should have announced the cinemas and ticket prices already, it's next week! But if it will be shown in cinemas later, why would be shown simultaneously in all countries? I am starting to think this live screening will happen 2012, not this year. I just hope Lambiel will still be among the cast, then.
    Thanks to an agreement between the organization of Opera on Ice and Nexo Digital, figure skating will be shown live in movie theatres for the first time in history! The event "Opera on Ice" will be screened simultaneously in 600 cinemas of 40 different countries worldwide. Opera on Ice takes place at the Arena di Verona on October 1st.

vCash
    Some photos from Opera on Ice.
    http://beautiful-shapes.tumblr.com/

Did anyone here see it live?

vCash
    I found this, there are some vids embedded
    http://imblogger.altervista.org/2011...vedere-lopera/

vCash
    watch some fan videos on youtube,it's really a great show!beautiful,elegant,passionate and powerful at the same time. it will be broadcast during christmas time,hope we can see HD videos then...

this uploader has the best quality videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/00snowflake09

vCash
    Carolina's website has published some photos from the show and a press release. The arena was sold out with 10.000 spectators: http://www.carolina-kostner.it/E-Home.htm

I was there live and it truely was an incredible evening. I have been to A LOT of skating shows but this was by far the best one I have seen. Maybe not skatingwise because the rink was smaller but the overall show was just incredible with the live orchestra, singers, choir, etc.
    The skaters did a good job interpreting the music and the opera selections. Stephane was amazing, as always. His skating is incredible and he has the ability to interpret any kind of music to its best. The audience loved him too.

Carolina was very good too, she was testimonial of the event and there was a lot of attention on her because of that. She skated to Carmen and Tosca and Stephane choreographed both programs with her, they were lovely and you could definitely see his influence there.

Also loved all the other skaters, as I said, everyone really did a great job considering they all had to create new programs just for this one show and skating on a smaller rink. I really hope they will do another one next year, it was truely special!

vCash
    Stéphane Lambiel "Rigoletto" Opera on Ice in Verona
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6arEZgocsuQ

Stéphane did two programs, the new Rigoletto program and the Tell program which got the only standing ovation in the show.

vCash
    just see Sandhu's two programs,he's really great,glad to see him did some shows this year.

PS:Is that girl in his Tosca program Carolina Kostner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    PS:Is that girl in his Tosca program Carolina Kostner?
    Yes, she performed Vissi d'arte from Tosca and a piece from Carmen. Here is a pretty good quality video of her first performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLixN51Sm5Q

Both programs were choreographed by Stéphane!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast