Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I thought the Aires were awesome tonight! Those were challenging songs and a really fantastic arrangement.

I thought this was the best Delilah has done since the first week.

I think I probably would have sent home Urban Method. But, at least the Yellow Jackets went out with some fun!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    Ben may not have thought about Freddie Mercury.
    However, I think that FM would be pleased by that (even with the minor pitch issues.)

vCash
    Oh -- I'm the worst Dartmouth alum ever; how can I not be watching and supporting the Aires? Especially with all the alumni e-mail reminders!
    YouTube and Hulu, here I come.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    That Queen medley was awesome! Go Aires!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Especially with all the alumni e-mail reminders!
    I know!

Is there fan voting on this show? If not, then just watching the youtube videos should be sufficient to maintain your alum credibility...
    Creating drama!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    That Queen medley was awesome! Go Aires!
    Michael’s a Portland ME native!! Wheeee!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Vocal Point to go next unless Afro Blue implodes.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Vocal Point to go next unless Afro Blue implodes.
    I can also see Urban Method or Delilah imploding. Both groups have had some great stuff, but have also had some stinkers.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I know!

Is there fan voting on this show? If not, then just watching the youtube videos should be sufficient to maintain your alum credibility...
    It is being judged for now, but voting will apparently be introduced for the finale. Just happened to find this from my local alumni association, which has already created gatherings/networking/watch party events through the finale, as placeholders (just to be hopeful, as nobody knows how they really did):

Details for voting will be released at the time of the November 21st episode. Should the Aires make it to the November 21st episode, and then advance to the live finale, America (and more importantly, Dartmouth) can cast up to 10 votes per person, per method. The winners will be announced on the live November 28th Finale episode.

vCash
    Yeah, I think Vocal Point and Urban Method are one-trick ponies. UM has a great rapper, but their vocalists aren't that strong.

And as for VP, does anyone think a bunch of straight-laced, white Mormon boys are going to sell millions of CD's unless their last names are all Osmond? They're cute, but they're bland. The "aw, shucks" mentality they bring to all their songs will get old fast.

Final Four will be Pentatonix, Delilah, Dartmouth Aires, and Afro Blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I can also see Urban Method or Delilah imploding. Both groups have had some great stuff, but have also had some stinkers.
    You were right.

To my ears, the only group that nailed both was Pentatonix. I thought the Aires country thing was a train wreck, but their rock was so good it saved them. Sorry to see Delilah go as I thought Afro Blue was just a touch weaker last night that the girls were.

vCash
    Sorry to see Delilah go as they were soooo good when on, but the other groups brought more fun last night. Their country song was just too blah, IMO. Amy was again amazing on Dream On, though. I hope this gives her career a big boost! I'd take Amy over Katy Perry and Gaga any day of the week...

Loved Dartmouth, Pentatonix, and really all the groups this week. They are all so good now.

Was this all filmed over the summer? This week showed a lot of kids going back to school, seems a little strange in November, no? Perhaps they did all but the finale in the summer and are just making the last show live to trick us into thinking it was quasi-live the whole time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Was this all filmed over the summer? This week showed a lot of kids going back to school, seems a little strange in November, no? Perhaps they did all but the finale in the summer and are just making the last show live to trick us into thinking it was quasi-live the whole time?
    My guess is that the epi we saw last night was taped the week of September 5th. The Aires may have more flexibility than BYU offers.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Yes to all.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I think Afro Blue's country song saved them. Anytime you have 2 of the judges standing after one of your performances, you are probably going to stick around another week, even if your other song was subpar. It also helped that their outstanding performance was the 2nd one, while Delilah's better performance was the first one.

vCash
    I'm not a fan of Afro Blue - aside from the one girl with the crazy eyes, I don't find their voices that great, especially not the bigger girl that the judges seem to love. And they always try to 'jazz' up the songs. I get that that's their style, but they have to adapt. They are just 'blah' to me.

I LOVE Dartmouth Aires. Every time Michael opens his mouth I picture him as Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar.

Urban Method relies on Myke. I bet he keeps thinking that he should be pursuing a solo rap career, since his awesomeness is really the only reason the group is still around.

I enjoy Vocal Point - they are the best 'performers' of the show, and always make me smile. That's the same reason I loved the Yellowjackets, who really should not have been sent home that week.

Pentatonix are great - and all 5 of them do what they do so well that you can't really imagine the group without any one of them, though I picture Anthony Michael Hall (circa Edward Scissorhands) every time I look at the lead vocalist.

As for Delilah... good riddance. I didn't find them that strong most weeks, and something about them just annoyed the heck out of me.

vCash
    I'm really rooting for Pentatonix. The lead vocalist always sings well regardless of the style, the tenor has a beautiful voice, and the girl is an amazing harmonizer. Of course, the bass and beatboxer are the best in the competition.

The aries are fun to watch but don't impress me from a vocal standpoint. They sound too busy and have amateur sounding arrangements. Though Michael is great and Henry is so damn cute!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Vocal Point out.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Audience voting starts next week. I'll be very surprised if Pentatonix doesn't win it all.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast