Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Sonos did have serious pitch problems. That arrangement did nothing for me, and I guess the judges, too.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought they had fewer pitch problems than a lot of the groups - especially the all-girl group that wore the yellow dresses and sang a Supremes song. They were horrible!

I did agree with the judge (Sara?) who said they wanted the lead to go further in the longing of the arrangement.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I am sad. I will miss North Shore. If only they had switched their song a day earlier to give them more time to prepare the song they eventually ended up using.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I am sad. I will miss North Shore. If only they had switched their song a day earlier to give them more time to prepare the song they eventually ended up using.
    I think they were on long enough to get what they needed... more local gigs. All are active grandpas, so staying in the area is probably what they wanted anyway.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Plus they (North Shore) really couldn't compete with the others as far as originality goes. Thought they were good but nothing that amazing. All 8 teams that are left deserve to be there and have had some really cool and fantastic performances. The cuts are going to be really tough next week and from there on out.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Oh, I didn't expect them to win the thing, but I would have liked them to stay on a couple more weeks. I liked them more than Delilah. Right now I expect Delilah and one of the college groups to be the next to go. Not because any of the college groups are bad. It's just that, with 3 of them, the judges are going to want to keep more variety.

vCash
    Delilah was so amazing when they did Grenade and Whataya Want From Me. Heatwave was kinda silly and last night's What A Feeling was pretty good. I think they are a bit inconsistent but if they have Amy on lead on the right song, its gold.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    I think The Collective was the right boot last night. Combo of not gelling and not being there for the right reasons. Yellow Jackets or Vocal Point go next, unless they can perform a miracle and out sing the Aires. Looks like it will be an Aires, Pentatonix final if everyone keeps doing what they've been doing.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Pentatonix has definitely been amazing, but then I'm always a sucker for a good bass. I guess that's why I have trouble with the all-girl groups - there's just no way to get that deep bass I love so well. That's what I loved about North Shore as well.

I agree it was The Collective's time to go and that most likely a college group will go next.

vCash
    My two faves are Afro Blue and Pentatonix. I like Delilah but I'm tired of them turning every song into a power ballad.

vCash
    I'm rooting for Pentatonix.

I liked the actual sing-off, but hip hop week left me kind of meh for most of the songs.

vCash
    Anyone watching? Tonite's theme is superstar medlies, and I'm loving it so far. One group will get the boot this week. At this point, my prediction and preference is that it will be Vocal Point.

btw-completely agree with centerstage01's last post.

vCash
    I'm watching I loved Delilah's just now. The last 3 have been great. Pentatonics....Dartmouth whatevers, and Delilah. Loved all 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    I'm watching I loved Delilah's just now. The last 3 have been great. Pentatonics....Dartmouth whatevers, and Delilah. Loved all 3.
    this is the first time I can say I reply loved delilah. dartmouth, just, wow. pentatonix were great as expected. a bit disappointed in Afro blue. agree with Sara that some of the arrangement was so complex that it became awkward. I do think that they have been outstanding enough up to now that they deserve another chance next week. vocal point has never really stood out to me.

vCash
    Bummed the Yellow Jackets are leaving. I liked them .

vCash
    missed the jackets performance because I flipped to the trainwreck known as dwts. I've always liked them too. vocal point continues to survive by simply staying under the radar.

vCash
    This was the first week I liked Delilah. The Dartmouth guys are great. Pentatonix really fills things out well with only five voices.

And Ben Folds reminds me of the snowboarder on the Amazing Race.

There are only two shows with judges that I actually LIKE listening to the critiques - The Voice and The Sing-Off.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    I've never watched The Sing-Off, but I keep getting emails telling me I need to check out The Aires. Thanks for the videos (so I don't actually have to watch the show)!
    Creating drama!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast