Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Vocal Point out.
    I admit to being a Vocal Point fan (and am biased towards BYU) and am really sad they left. For me, they are every bit as entertaining as the Aires, and I think overall a bit better musically. The Aires do have a superstar lead vocalist in Michael (LOVE him) and that might be lacking in Vocal Point. I might have let Afro Blue go this week - I really like it when they do jazz, but the last few weeks have been pretty weak for me (didn't get the love for their country song last week). I think Pentatonix are absolutely fantastic and so creative and will probably win. Don't have a problem with that at all.

I really love this show because I love a cappella so much. I love to hear singers that you know can sing and don't need to be autotuned!

vCash
    I was really sad to see Vocal Point go. I agree that they may not have sold many albums, but they made me smile with every performance and are so dang likeable! I'd have let Afro Blue go, myself. I feel like they, or Urban Method, will be the next ones out. I don't dislike either group, but I feel like they're not on the same level as the others.

That said, I have a collective crush on the Dartmouth Aires and am really hoping they win the whole thing. Michael is unbelievable. I hope that even if the Aires don't win, he's able to get some job offers out of this. (Of course, if the Aires are all bright enough to go to Dartmouth, I imagine they'll all "make it" in life some way or another.) I wouldn't be upset if it goes to Pentatonix as they are definitely impressive, but I think I prefer the fuller sound of a larger group myself.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Whilst I’m pulling for Local Son, Michael and the Dartmouth Aires, I have a soft spot for both Afro Blue and Pentatonix. Possibly because they remind me of Manhattan Transfer.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I'm just glad the Aires have made it this far!

While Michael is great, I think the group is relying on him too much to lead the way. I think there have been examples (the Queen medley, and how the group backed up Michael in "Midnight Train to Georgia") where the group as a whole can rise up to the occasion and produce some stunning harmonies in true a cappella style. For example, Ben Folds has been giving the bass section some grief, and, to their credit, they take the criticism constructively and come out swinging in the following performance. I'm also loving how some of the other singers in the group are being rotated in and out through solos and getting their moments in the spotlight. Basically, I'm saying that they all have some degree of talent, and that they have it within themselves to challenge each other and do more.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I would also probably have sent AfroBlue home, even thought I enjoy their style. They just totally lost it on their second song. But the judges probably wanted a little more variety in the final four, so one of the college groups had to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Whilst I’m pulling for Local Son, Michael and the Dartmouth Aires, I have a soft spot for both Afro Blue and Pentatonix. Possibly because they remind me of Manhattan Transfer.
    Ah, Manhattan Transfer Possibly my favorite jazz group ever! Afro Blue reminded me of them so much towards the beginning, but not so much in the last few weeks. I'll be happy for whoever wins, cuz I think they're all great.

vCash
    Audience voting starts tonight. Anyone still watching? I got home late and missed the entire first hour.

vCash
    Wow. Mitch's voice in "Dog Days are Over" was so gorgeous and enchanting. His pitch was perfect. Couldn't get the cable working so missed the first set of performances. However they performed in the first round, Pentatonix has my votes.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    ZOMG THE AIRES MADE THE FINAL, PLS CALL 877 674 6403 or TEXT 3 to 97979. TEN VOTES ALLOWED. USE ALL THE PHONES YOU CAN. THANKS!!!!!

vCash
    Whoa. I love me some Aires, I really do, but they made a lot of mistakes last night. Afro Blue was spot on in the sing for your life, Aires not so much.

Pentatonix for the win.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I got bored with the show last night and stopped watching. Also they need a drinking game for whenever Sara says "I'm so proud." She's really grating on my nerves lately for some reason.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Watched the show on DVR. Wrong group sent home. Urban Method should have gone. AfroBlue has more musicality than Method could dream of. Pentatonix should win, as much as I'm pulling for the Aires. And I'd have no problem with that.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Voted my allotted 10 on the website (you have to provide an email) for Pentatonix!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I'll be grabbing everyone's phones around the Thanksgiving table today and calling 877-674-6403 ten times each. GO AIRES!

vCash
    Voted for Aires!

vCash
    Pentatonix for the WIN!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    877-674-6403!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Lunch with more members of the clan tomorrow = seizing more cell phones to VOTE AIRES! And here's a special message from the Aires themselves.

By the way, Michael Odokara-Okigbo '12 won the "Dartmouth Idol" when he was a freshman in the spring of 2009. And you can meet the rest of the gang here:

Aires member bios

The Aires, inside and and outside the classroom

Why do the Aires love Dartmouth?

The Aires on their music and friendships

The Aires pack and head for the airport earlier this week to spend Thanksgiving in LA prepping for the finale

An interview with the Aires about their experience on the "Sing-Off"

The Aires' audition video for "The Sing-Off"

Some recognizable faces from the Aires as they perform a few years ago

vCash
    Go Pentatonix!

Online voting is here: http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/vote/

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    14 more hours to vote for the Aires!

1) Call 877-674-6403 ten times
    2) Text 3 to 97979 ten times
    3) Vote at http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/vote/ ten times