Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I also agree with the eliminations. The Cat's Pajama's were more polished than Kindred 9, but Kindred 9 has more potential. I loved their lead vocalist and would really like to hear them attempt Bohemian Rhapsody after they gel more.

vCash
    I think as a general rule, the more voices you have in your group, the richer the potential sound id, and the better shot you have. Quartets and Quintets have to be THAT much better.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Just catching up since I DVR'd this. Which allows me to ff through commercials and fluff. Can I say my man Ben is looking fine. The best thing about The Voice and the Sing Off is the fact the judges/mentors actually sing themselves. I like Shawn and Sara also, but Ben I haven't read above so I wouldn't be prejudiced. Part One:

Yellowjackets : OK. Not jumping off the sofa. What was with all the flag waving? You know when the judge starts out saying your fluff stuff was really good, then the singing isn't the best.
    Fannin Family: Nice tone but all the same. Lead singer was very good. at Ben's description about singing in an Irish pub. He is positive yet still gives excellent critique.
    Afro-Blue: Nice harmonies. I love jazz and would like to hear more jazzy numbers. 'warm butter on grits". One has to be from the South to appreciate that
    Deliah: A reincarnation from one of last year's early losers. I think she's a little screechy on some of the high notes, but I'd give them another chance. Rubbing seconds sounded so hot from my TV husband.
    Fannin Family out. Maybe they can regroup next season.

Part Two later.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This repeats tonight on Oxygen, 10/9c, for those who missed most of it like me.

vCash
    I hope that this show can somehow survive being up against DWTS and Two and a Half Men. I really like the show. Lots of talented singers and arrangers. Plus, IMO, it's the best judging panel on tv.

Did anyone else think that the lead singer from the family group had a voice that sounds a little like Sara Bareilles's voice? The kid was really good. Too bad her siblings weren't as good.

Delilah was my favorite from last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I hope that this show can somehow survive being up against DWTS and Two and a Half Men.
    It's not looking good, since it's an hour into this weeks show and I had to go to page 4 of the forum to unbury this thread.

I just got home, missed all the first half's performances, and had screwed up to DVR settings. If anyone was watching a recap would be much appreciated.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm DVR'ing this and Terra Nova. Too many good shows at 8 on Monday!

This is cheap to produce so I'm certain NBC will keep it.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This group The Collective is horrible. This girl whisper-singing badly... ew ew ew. I would send them home.

vCash
    It's a shame that the Collective and the high school kids are in the same group of four. They are the two worst groups so far, imo.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Yes!

The only thing better would be if they'd included the group intro fluff piece that showed the campus in all its breathtaking glory.

vCash
    I really liked the Dartmouth Aires. I notice I totally prefer the collegiate groups. Oh well.

I would have booted The Collective off, not the high school kids. I did not get all the praise heaped on them. I also really dislike the beatboxing in groups, along with the group from last week with the rapper. I sound so picky.

vCash
    Yeah I would have booted The Collective off as well. That lead singer's voice is AWFUL.

vCash
    It's weird that the last group was picked for the competition, with emphasis on them using electronic equipment to enhance their sound. Then they use that against them in the criticism. If they are not allowed to use it, why would you not expect their sound to be different?

vCash
    I loved the doo-wop group. The Dartmouth group was really fun.

I would have sent home the group that did the Chris Isaak song.

vCash
    I thought the Collective lead singer was great, I love those type of voices - however, they sounded like a lead + backup, and I prefer acappalla to sound more like a group. i would have send them home and not the high school kids.

I liked the rapping, I thought they did well, but i'm curious to see how they do non-rap songs.

vCash
    The Collective should have use Rachael Lampa, the other female in the group, as the lead. Her voice is definitely better than the current lead with the freaky vibrato.

It's interesting Rachael is on this show. She's known to me as a CCM singer who had a lot of success as a younger teen winning several Dove Awards (Christian Music's version of the Grammy's). I remember reading she has a new CD out now.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    I liked the rapping, I thought they did well, but i'm curious to see how they do non-rap songs.
    But why should they do non-rap songs? Seems like half the popular music these days involves a duet between a rapper and a pop princess.

vCash
    Bumping for tonight's show.

Yay! A Bieber song!

ETA: The costume department really outdid themselves tonight. Everybody looked fantastic, especially for their 60's numbers.

ETA: I won't spoil you all on who was eliminated, but I will say that the had the Best. Swan song. Ever.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 10-04-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I'm glad they had a contemporary week. It got my 9-year-old interested enough to watch, and I love when we can watch things together. Hopefully, she will remained hooked.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    this is the first week this season that I've caught the show, and a group called Sonos did a fantastic, completely original version of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" that had me thinking I would buy it as a single...and all three judges crucified it they were in the B2 with the other group I liked the most and went home

Meh!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast