vCash

Need Help with a Canadian TV Show

I hope someone here has a really good memory for TV.

Back in the 80's there was a TV show about a crime reporter who had some kind of ESP kind of powers. He would sometimes get flashes of what happened, but they really didnt make any sense - and the whole show was about him solving the crime and putting together all the visions until in the end you knew what happened.

It was a comedy/mystery - not too heavy on drama. I really liked it and I was wondering if anyone can remember what it was called and if it was ever released on DVD. I'd really like to watch it again.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    "Seeing Things" maybe?

Yes - I'm sure that's it! Thanks a lot - I was trying to remember the name of that show and I couldnt.

Unfortunately, I cant find it on DVD anywhere - so Im guessing it was never released. That is such a shame, because from what I remember, it was a really good show.

vCash
    I loved that show. It was from the mind of Louis DelGrande who played the lead. His relationship with his estranged(?) wife, played by his real life wife was really fun. A couple of years ago I managed to catch a rebroadcast though can't say who aired it. The production values and taping quality show their age but the stories and acting are still a lot of fun. I would suggest going to the CBC website and checking out their store to see if they sell the show since it was their property. Most of their stuff is not available elsewhere, I don't think. Hmm, now you have me curious.

Nope, didn't see it but if you send them an email maybe they can tell you more.

I searched for "Seeing Things, Louis DelGrande" on Google and got quite a list. Here's one that appears to have episodes available to watch for free - http://www.ovguide.com/tv/seeing_things.htm

Episode 1 season 1 is called "I May Be Seeing Things, But I'm Not Crazy"
    Last edited by Skate Talker; 09-19-2011 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    I didn't watch it myself but remember my parents talking about it. I'd forgotten it existed until you asked the question, and poof! Tada! Memory! I would love to see it, so I'll have to check out that link.

I have such fond memories of semi-cheesy Canadian TV shows. There was a mystery one with the actor who ended up doing DaVinci's Inquest. I loved the woman in it, but Nicholas Sparks's character (is that his name? it came out of nowhere but suspect it might be the author of The Horse Whisperer) annoyed me so much that I never did watch DI even though I heard it was good.

ETA: Nicholas Campbell

vCash
    Can either of you get the video to play? I tried clicking on the episode, but all I got was a synopsis. I couldnt get the video to start. What am I doing wrong?

vCash
    I loved Seeing Things. The humour was very subtle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Can either of you get the video to play? I tried clicking on the episode, but all I got was a synopsis. I couldnt get the video to start. What am I doing wrong?
    It was confusing, but I did finally get it to play. I am going to watch first, then go back and try to figure out exactly how I got to the video so I can describe the process for you. In the meantime perhaps this link, that seems to be what I have open while viewing, will work?
    http://www.ovguide.com/tv_episode/se...-unseen-218542

All right sort of. When I try clicking on this link myself I see that it is Season 1 Episode 2 but at least I'm getting close. The synopsis on this page is at the top but below is a series of screen shots showing Episode 2 parts 1-5 of 5, Episode 1 part 1, Seeing Things end theme, and Episode 1 part 5. I don't know where Episode 1 parts 2-4 are. Anyway, if you click on the screen shot it will play the video. I also notice there are links to other places further down the page that may or may not be to this Seeing Things tv show. Give them a try and let me know.
    Last edited by Skate Talker; 09-20-2011 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Okay, I'm back with gooooood news. I played Season 1, Episode 1, Part 1 and when it finished it brought up more screen shots including part 2. Doesn't show any more of Episode 1 but maybe when I finish part 2, part 3 will also magically appear. (Fingers crossed)

vCash
    Yeah - got to see the whole show. And it is still bringing up the next vid (the first part of the next episode). So it was really weird and I'm not sure why, but when I was on the original page that I provided the link to, clicking on episode 1 did not display any of the correct Seeing Things TV show in the screen shots below. I did click on the link to the second episode (Sight Unseen) at the end of the Episode 1 synopsis and that is when I actually got the second page I provided the link to, and that one had Episode 1, part 1 as one of the last screen shots. I clicked on that and from then on was able to view each part and have the next part be one of the screen shots that appear when it finishes playing. Hope you are able to follow all that, but it is worth it. It appears this is a YouTube player, so maybe you can find it directly from there if you know how to search for it?

I had to laugh out loud at some of the lines. This show - the pilot I guess, is dated 1980. (The series actually ran on TV 1981 - 1987.) I think this was probably one of the first ever hour-long dramedies. I guess forerunners would include things The Man from Uncle, when viewed in retrospective, but that was actually intended to be taken more seriously. This one was always played for laughs with a bit of mystery thrown in.

Edited to add - now that I have said that I'm sure some posters will come up with tons of other examples that I have forgotten about