Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Never had built in codes afaik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    For those of you who have copied your VHS to DVD .... I also have a lot of pre-recorded VHS tapes (92, 94, 98, 02 official Olympics tapes, some SOI tapes, Magic Memories on Ice and other assorted skating show tapes). I'm definitely keeping pre-recorded tapes until the last of my VCR's dies, but is it possible to copy those pre-recorded tapes to DVD, or do they have built in codes to prevent copying?
    I do rewatch some of my favorite competitions, and wish we could convert all of our favorite figure skating VHS tapes to DVD. We have ABC's Magic Memories on Ice Series (3 tapes), and were able to convert volumes 2 & 3 to DVD, but for some strange reason, had no success convert the first one (with the early history of the sport up to "The Battle of the Brians") to DVD. We tired to do this several times, but to no avail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    For those of you who have copied your VHS to DVD .... I also have a lot of pre-recorded VHS tapes (92, 94, 98, 02 official Olympics tapes, some SOI tapes, Magic Memories on Ice and other assorted skating show tapes). I'm definitely keeping pre-recorded tapes until the last of my VCR's dies, but is it possible to copy those pre-recorded tapes to DVD, or do they have built in codes to prevent copying?
    Some--maybe most--commercial videotapes have a feature to prevent copying. Allegedly one can buy equipment that defeats that feature. However, old tapes, especially if frequently watched, may still not copy very well.

vCash
    Well the way I copy from VHS to PC I don't think can be blocked. Once it is on my PC I could choose to burn the vids to DVD movie, but I usually choose to back them up on DVD as files, rather than as a movie. Anyway, as far as the tape is concerned the Hauppauge hardware and software that connects VCR to PC is the same as VCR to TV connection so it can't really block anything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234