1 1.28%
  • Angelika Dubinksi

0 0%
  • Micol Cristini

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I'm also afraid they're going to leave Cesario in Milan.

REVISED predictions:

1. Polina Shelepen RUS
    2. Hae-Jin Kim KOR
    3. Polina Korobeinikova RUS
    ----------------------------
    4. Yuki Nishino JPN
    5. Yukiko Fujisawa JPN
    6. Natalia Popova UKR
    7. Ashley Cain USA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    There's no way they could predict Vannut popping off the entry list a day before the event. With her in this field, it was looking very strong IMO. Both Russians and both Japanese can be very good. Also Hae Jin Kim is strong and Popova landed many triples at Liberty. That's at least 6 strong skaters right there, so its not as if Vanessa or anyone else would be guaranteed a medal here even without Vannut.
    Well, you have a point. And the field in Austria is comparable so she should be fine there, hopefully. They really should consider getting Cesario out of Milan though and putting Courtney there instead, or better yet, send neither girl there and give those spots to Gracie and Leah (or Polina), who might have a shot at winning/medaling there judging from recent performances, but it would be there only assignment so if they did get killed in PCS and end up with not so great placements, it would be no big deal. I hope Cesario gets moved to Talinn, her only big threat there is Risa, and if they go 1 and 2 in whatever order, they both should have a good shot at the final.

vCash
    Wow, this must be one of the weakest field for JGP ladies. They only two almost-medal locks are Shelepen and Vannut IMO. Can't believe how unevenly distributed each JGP is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Wow, this must be one of the weakest field for JGP ladies. They only two almost-medal locks are Shelepen and Vannut IMO. Can't believe how unevenly distributed each JGP is.
    Vannut is no longer on the entry list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Yeah it really is unfortunate. Because this event and the last one in Talinn are pretty wide open fields, but in Milan, there are 4 really great skaters and it's likely at least 1 if not more will be left out of the JGPF due to having to compete at such a stacked event instead of a more reasonable one. And where there's only 6 spots in the final this season, I feel like it's an even bigger issue.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I just watched a YT vid of Shelepen at a Volvo Cup (?) 2011 where she did a program to Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto. It was loaded with jumps and 3/3s but there was zero connection to the music. ZERO. Even the customary arm waves to be 'artistic' weren't related to her music. I hope her PCS are in the 3's. That program is terrible. If she is skating to that this year, then I hope she gets hammered.

vCash
    Fortunately (or unfortunately for the Americans), Li Zijun was moved to Austria. The unevenness of JGP fields is a little lessened.

vCash
    My new predictions: Nishino, Kim and Shelepen.

vCash
    My new prediction:

Shelepen, Nishino, Kim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I just watched a YT vid of Shelepen at a Volvo Cup (?) 2011 where she did a program to Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto. It was loaded with jumps and 3/3s but there was zero connection to the music. ZERO. Even the customary arm waves to be 'artistic' weren't related to her music. I hope her PCS are in the 3's. That program is terrible. If she is skating to that this year, then I hope she gets hammered.
    Yeah, well funny thing is, her TES for that program was 13 points higher than anyone else's but her PCS were only 5th in that segment. They weren't in the 3s, but I think the judges were definitely trying to make a statement with the discrepancy btwn the two marks. Those 3-3s were bringing back some old Kostner vibes though, I think it's probably because they have similar coloring and body type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    The two Japanese and the two Americans as well as Hae Jin Kim are very inconsistent. It's going to be interesting, because they could all be very good, or have a disaster.
    How unfortunae that Hae-Jin had her reputation destroyed by one bad skate. She happens to be one of the most poised and consistent juniors I have ever seen. Good luck to her this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Yeah, well funny thing is, her TES for that program was 13 points higher than anyone else's but her PCS were only 5th in that segment. They weren't in the 3s, but I think the judges were definitely trying to make a statement with the discrepancy btwn the two marks. Those 3-3s were bringing back some old Kostner vibes though, I think it's probably because they have similar coloring and body type.
    That's the kind of message we need the judges to send these younger skaters. It's not okay to just skate and jump; there needs to be some in-betweens going on as well. Presentation is what separates the juniors from the seniors, girls from ladies...they need to understand that. I'm glad that message was sent to Shelepen b/c that means she and her coach will see that and (hopefully) work towards correcting that.

I really wish that message had been sent to Courtney Hicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    How unfortunae that Hae-Jin had her reputation destroyed by one bad skate. She happens to be one of the most poised and consistent juniors I have ever seen. Good luck to her this time.
    I agree. This is her first time on the JGP (I believe) and to find herself in 1st place among more experienced skaters may have freaked her out a bit. It happens a lot and I'm glad it did. She has to experience that kind of pressure and disappointment; those are the crucial lessons that teach skaters how to cope with that pressure and compete. This time she should be more relaxed and will have a better idea of how to approach her skating.

I think she's very talented and I'm rooting for her to have a good outing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I agree. This is her first time on the JGP (I believe) and to find herself in 1st place among more experienced skaters may have freaked her out a bit.
    It's her second year.

vCash
    give her some slack, hae jin kim was injured last season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Fortunately (or unfortunately for the Americans), Li Zijun was moved to Austria. The unevenness of JGP fields is a little lessened.
    And now Courtney is going to Milan instead of Samantha. So things are looking better for the American ladies in contention for the final (although Courtney now has a pretty tough assignment and Vanessa's may not be as easy as it looked like it may be initially). Hope everything works out and we see all three of them in the final.

vCash
    can some one explain why HaeJin Kim got no points for one of her step sequences? I thought her skate looked very nice without the underrotations

Polina K got positive GOEs for so many elements, but I think the scores between 2 and 6 should have been closer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12