vCash

Graeme the trainspotting cat

For all you cat lovers out there you will love this one. A cat who hangs around a train station waiting for his owner to come home from work. And I think if you have a cat yourself that follows you down the street you will really appreciate it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226139274790
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I live cats stories and cats! Thanks! I shall tell about Graeme to Tauno and Miutsi (my kitties).

Quadless
    vCash
    What a cool cat.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Awesome!

My cat follows me everywhere. When we get home from going out, she's waiting at the door. Sometimes my husband accidentally smacks her with the door. Poor baby.

vCash
    Cute! It's like a feline version of Hachiko, although I hope it doesn't have the same tragic twist.

The loyalty of pets never ceases to amaze, and Graeme is even more so considering the stereotype of cats being more aloof than loyal.

vCash
    What a sweet cat!!

This is really unusual feline behaviour, cats don't usually follow their owners anywhere, lacking the pack mentality of dogs. It's even rare for cats to learn to walk on a leash and be happy doing so.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    My cat follows me everywhere. When we get home from going out, she's waiting at the door.
    I had a cat like that. I was completely oblivious to his behavior until one day my mom happened to be visiting and I went outside without her, and when I came back in my mom asked me if I realized that the cat sat by the door crying while I was out (he was a very vocal cat). He was a stray that I picked up in a parking lot, and I had him for 18 fabulous, loving years.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Sounds like Mary and her little lamb

vCash
    I love that story. My beautiful Emma used to go for walks with my Dad and the dog. She'd yell at them if they got too far ahead, and the dog would always hang back for her. And they didn't even like each other! Cats are the best friends.

vCash
    My previous cat used to follow me down the street sometimes. I would go for a walk to the shop and then as I walked back he would meet me halfway down the street. I did worry a bit when he did that.

I have been told about that film about the dog and it has been highly recommended. I will have to go to the DVD store to see if it is there.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    My previous cat used to follow me down the street sometimes. I would go for a walk to the shop and then as I walked back he would meet me halfway down the street. I did worry a bit when he did that.
    Was your cat a tabby? That's what Emma was, and someone told me once tabbies were more likely to walk with you than any other breed. Emma also used to walk me halfway to the store, stop at the last tree and wait for my return. I do miss her. We had her wear a collar with her name and phone number on it, so once or twice we got phone calls from people she let approach, thinking she was lost. So I'd tell them to put her down and then I'd go to the door and whistle and she'd come running.

vCash
    No mine was a ginger moggy. He was called Champers because he was a pale ginger colour. I do miss him too because he was a lovely cat.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My cat knows when I am coming home. She doesn't do it every day, but most weekdays, about 5 minutes before I get home, she shows up from wherever she was (sleeping on the bed, in the backyard) and asks my mother to let her out the front door -- she sits on the front walk or in the garden. Just a few minutes later, I pull up. My mother says it is uncanny. I do not arrive at the same time each day -- I get home sometime between 6:30 and 7:45 most days. I wonder if she can distinguish the sound of my car engine from others and can hear it several blocks away?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    My cat knows when I am coming home. She doesn't do it every day, but most weekdays, about 5 minutes before I get home, she shows up from wherever she was (sleeping on the bed, in the backyard) and asks my mother to let her out the front door -- she sits on the front walk or in the garden. Just a few minutes later, I pull up. My mother says it is uncanny. I do not arrive at the same time each day -- I get home sometime between 6:30 and 7:45 most days. I wonder if she can distinguish the sound of my car engine from others and can hear it several blocks away?
    Do you play the radio?

My old cats used to hear my ex-husband blasting classical music three blocks away and would be lined up in a row at the garage door.

Oscar clearly knows my footsteps as opposed to those of my neighbors, no matter what shoes I'm wearing he's there at the door when I come in, even when it's unlocked because daughter is home and he doesn't have time to arrive while I'm unlocking the door. It's nice to be welcomed!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Sometimes, but not always, and not always the same channel.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My mother tells me that my first cat used to walk me to the school bus stop on the corner every day when I was in kindergarten. After that, we moved and the bus stopped at the end of my driveway so he could watch from the window.