Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Game of Thrones music

Every time I watched Game of Thrones this year I thought of skating as the opening credits roll. The music is just perfect for skaters to use. Is anyone using it this year or was it too early? If not, I bet we see quite a few people using it next year. It seems especially good for the men.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I would love to see a skater use the theme music from "Game of Thrones" opening credits. It was my first thought when I saw the first episode.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

I also like this acoustic and electric violin version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yydc...eature=related

vCash
    I haven't listened to the whole score but I watched the show and it seemed to me there were some slow, poignant bits in there as well , not to mention the background music at the feast at Winterfell..I bet skaters won't resist for long.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Great music.

Could work for men, pairs or dance.

vCash
    I was thinking of using it for my program. It is gorgeous music for skating as I said in the Game of Thrones thread already.
    I really hope some elite skaters use it soon.

vCash
    The violin-covered version of the main theme posted, and some of the peices used across the episodes, could work. Hopefully something very similar to the stripped down acoustic/electric violin cover will pop up on itunes, or released in another album for the show by the Ramin Djawadi. (I haven't listened to all 30? or so tracks -- maybe one is there).

I actually tested the main theme on my rink's sound system (which is notoriously mediocre), and the main theme is so busy it gets somewhat muddled in the speakers and doesn't sound the best. It looses some of the nice little subtleties that make it interesting when listened to on better speakers.

vCash
    Total bump but I was finally able to watch GOT this month and had the same thought when I first heard the theme. Has any skater used it yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Every time I watched Game of Thrones this year I thought of skating as the opening credits roll. The music is just perfect for skaters to use. Is anyone using it this year or was it too early? If not, I bet we see quite a few people using it next year. It seems especially good for the men.
    YES!! YES! YES! I had a similar thought!!! I adore that music!!
    I have only this montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPF5x_Ci1G4 better than nothing Plushy, Dai, Yuzu..
    Last edited by lala; 01-17-2013 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Great music.

Could work for men, pairs or dance.
    And why not for ladies?? It would actually be great to see a lady pulling it off! A fierce, powerful performance. A departure from a pretty soft girly music for a change.
    Especially good idea for Korpi for example - she always skates to the same type of meh elegant music. She needs some change. Something more adventerous. She could portray Daenerys Targaryen.
    Or someone could portray Arya.
    I encourage the ladies to pick this music.

On the side note: I would love to see more "power" in ladies skating. Portraying a Bond girl? Good. But why not portraying Bond? Etc. etc.

vCash
    I too love the music! I think it would work out particularly well for pairs or men. Not so sure about ladies – I think a lady skating to it would have to be a real “powerhouse”. Kira Korpi is a lovely elegant and lyrical skater, but I think this music might predominate her skating. I rather see Alena Leonova, Kaetlyn Osmond or Mae Berenice Meite doing well with it.

I’d love to see Voloszhar / Trankov choosing this music for one of their programmes.

vCash
    Love, love, love this music!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    I too love the music! I think it would work out particularly well for pairs or men. Not so sure about ladies – I think a lady skating to it would have to be a real “powerhouse”. Kira Korpi is a lovely elegant and lyrical skater, but I think this music might predominate her skating. I rather see Alena Leonova, Kaetlyn Osmond or Mae Berenice Meite doing well with it.

I’d love to see Voloszhar / Trankov choosing this music for one of their programmes.
    Again, if the music works for men, I do not see any reason why it shouldnt work for ladies - there are many strong female characters in the series. The reason I mentioned Korpi, it's because she really should leave her comfort zone with predictable same old same old programs and try something new - and this would be a good challange, IMO. But I agree that she is maybe not the best candidate to pull this music off.

I agree on V/T. I pictured them skating to this music since I heard the soundtract for the very first time. It would be actually fun if both V/T and S/S picked this music for olympics. That would be THRILLING! What a game of thrones that would be! (Pleaze, just pleaze, stay away from Morozov choreography!!)

vCash
    I am just finishing the second book in the series now. Love this music and agree it's perfect for skaters!