Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    The only thing I've ever read from Jennifer about Brad after he bolted was some crack about at least now she would be able to sit on a comfortable couch in her own living room. Apparently he had sterile, modern taste in home decorating, and his taste was law.

And of course, the Vanity Fair article where she dissed Jolie.

vCash

vCash
    IMO, there was no need to clarify himself, but:

However, Pitt says in a statement given to CNN, that he wasn't insinuating he was unhappy or bored because he was with Jennifer Aniston, and that whatever issues he was dealing with at the time were because of his own actions.

“It grieves me that this was interpreted this way," Pitt, 47, says of his quote about his ex. " Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.”

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Tabloids do not lie. Poor Bradley.

It was not a tabloid!!! It had a glossy cover. And staples, too.

Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    The classy thing would be for him to say nothing, or to take responsibility for what happened, and not whine. Or to explain that he was looking for a dominant, controlling woman who would tell him what to do and when to do it, and how to think about it when it was done.
    Insider info! So cool! So who do you know who is a part of the Jolie-Pitt camp? How long have they been a part of it??!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    If she didn't want to mention her marriage to Brad mentioned so often, I think she could have said something.
    Except she doesn't mention him. He may be mentioned in the headline or in the blurb describing the article, but when you read the article, there are no quotes from her about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Some of those quotes weren't stupid at all. He's completely right that no one should care what he thinks about politics, for example.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

It was not a tabloid!!! It had a glossy cover. And staples, too.

You don't know nuthin'.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I can't believe I am defending Brad, but honestly I don't think he was trying to diss Jenn. I think he was just saying he was unmotivated and stuck in a rut at that time. I can relate. I also remember when he did Interview with the Vampire. I loved the book and was very excited to see it. Back then even, Brad was complaining about how depressing it had been to make the movie and basically how unhappy he was filming it. Drove me nuts because I love the book and hated hearing him bitching about it. I remember he even felt like sharing some story about how he was in such a daze he was peeing in corners or some such stupid thing. I can't believe I remember this when I can barely remember my FSU password. :}

I do think that marriage was going to fail at some point though because they seemed to have different wants. Brad going on about wanting to be a dad in his interviews, yet always reading that Jenn wanted to wait had disaster written all over it. I think she's better off without him. Apparently there is some book out about the whole affair that paints a pretty disturbing picture of Angelina. I read an excerpt in some magazine and it claims she set out to seduce him. She apparently had a trailer full of sex toys that really got his attention, and she shamelessly used her son. I have no idea if any of this stuff is true or not, but I remember thinking if he was easily swayed and tempted he was no real loss. I also never read that Jenn was ever pregnant. I think that was Courtney Cox she was very open about her infertility issues. Its funny that about half the Friends cast were tabloid staples and the other half you barely heard anything about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    The only thing I've ever read from Jennifer about Brad after he bolted was some crack about at least now she would be able to sit on a comfortable couch in her own living room. Apparently he had sterile, modern taste in home decorating, and his taste was law.
    IIRC Pitt is really into modernist architecture and design, so I can believe this. Some of that furniture is awesomely beautiful but not very practical to sit on day-to-day

And I agree with Rex that Aniston (and/or her PR people) did play up the "Widow Pitt" angle for a while...I remember quite a few "Jennifer: Will She Ever Be Happy Again?"-type stories and interviews after the breakup and divorce. I have to admit that I kind of feel sorry for her now with the "Jennifer & Justin: Getting Serious" and "Jennifer Has a Baby Bump!!!" stories every week in the tabloids. Even if you are a celeb it can't be easy to get a genuine relationship going with that kind of micro-attention.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I think how people are about their exes, says a lot about their character and whether or not they are trustworthy. It takes an awful lot of trust, to get involved in an intimate relationship with an individual and sometimes the relationship doesn't work out. Rarely is it just one person's fault, and there's something really classeless about an individual who is bitter enough to air out all of the dirty details to all involved.

I much prefer people who are classy enough to not "kiss and tell" And I think its especially the case when we are talking about mutual friends.
    It depends on the case. You might be a very private person and usually say very little about your relationships which has been working fine for you for years, and then you get into an abusing relationship. The longer you stay quiet about it, the longer it's going to last if not escalate. I can't think about anything more demoralizing than expecting an abused person to stay quiet about their abuse because they might not be classy for spilling the beans, or because "it's their private problem" etc. So it's never black and white.

I think famous people should be more careful about what they say about their relationships. Especially if they're involved with other famous people. Of course, in case of an abusing relationship they should be able to speak up like everyone else. But it doesn't seem like a case here.

Like someone else pointed out, the Jeniffer - Brad - Angelina triangle have been a hot (touchy?) topic for years. Whatever any of them says, that has to do with the three of them, will be taken apart word by word and criticized so they all should be extra careful. Especially Brad and Angelina since it's a fact they got together while Brad was still married. Oh but you were bored? I feel for you, Brad. Please.

If Brad's so happy about his current life, why not concentrate on it? Why specifically contrast it with the time he was married to Jeniffer? I think he at least owes Jeniffer the courtesy of leaving her out of it.

But of course he's free to do as he pleases. I've always found Brad dull-looking, mediocre as an actor, now I'm glad to find out he's also a little bit of an ass so I'm not really losing anything by not liking him more.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Post deleted.....
    Last edited by peibeck; 09-16-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post

The classy thing would be for him to say nothing, or to take responsibility for what happened, and not whine. Or to explain that he was looking for a dominant, controlling woman who would tell him what to do and when to do it, and how to think about it when it was done.

....maybe now I understand why he married Angelina but even with this explanation, I don't think I will ever truly comprehend what he (or any other man) sees in her.

So, Brad, you like to be dominated by your women? Should have called me, babe.

As for Brad, himself, he is one of the very, very, (and I do mean very) few Hollywood actors who enjoy a "truly nice-guy" reputation in Tinsel Town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    It depends on the case. You might be a very private person and usually say very little about your relationships which has been working fine for you for years, and then you get into an abusing relationship. The longer you stay quiet about it, the longer it's going to last if not escalate. I can't think about anything more demoralizing than expecting an abused person to stay quiet about their abuse because they might not be classy for spilling the beans, or because "it's their private problem" etc. So it's never black and white.
    Well there are exceptions to every rule and abusive relationships are one of them. We are talking about a crime here. I wouldn't keep that private. But I think in general there's something to be said for people who keep things private. A good example would be Kate Middleton refusing to give interviews after William and her broke up. Versus Diana giving interviews about her and Charles issues.

I can speak in general as a child that I was really hurt by my mom deciding to go off on my father a lot as a kid and what went down in their relationship. She's hurled accusations against my Dad she can't prove and well I was freaking 3 at the time. Even if her accusations are 100% true, he's still my Dad. He's still in many ways been a good Dad to me, he's not perfect, but I love him. Even with cheating is it really necessary to tell everyone you know and put mutual friends in the spot etc?

In this case Brad left Jen for another woman pretty much. Now the thing is for Brad to leave Jen for another woman, probably means there were problems with him and Jen that had nothing to do with Angie. It might not be all of his fault. I suspect the children thing does have legs. At the end of the day the least Brad could do was not badmouth Jen to the press. (And Jen hasn't said anything that bad) This being said perhaps Brad did say things just wrongly and at least he reworded his words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    Agreed that it's not the same as what Ange did re: Brad being married, but it certainly doesn't make what Jen did here okay
    What Jen did? What did she do? He was the one who made the choice to end his current relationship to be with Jen. Happens all the time. Choices were made, there was no cheating, one relationship ended and another began.

vCash
    Actually we don't know if there was no cheating involved. What people say and what people actually do are 2 totally different things. The whole triangle is ridiculous and I don't get why their is still this obsession about it. The other part that annoys me is that he was also with Gwenyth Paltrow in the 90's, so why specifically mention Aniston in this interview?
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    What Jen did? What did she do? He was the one who made the choice to end his current relationship to be with Jen. Happens all the time. Choices were made, there was no cheating, one relationship ended and another began.
    I agree what did Jen do that was so wrong IF no cheating was involved. I fully subscribe to the belief that unless there is a ring on the finger the person hasn't fully made their choice. HUGE difference between dating someone and publically vowing to committ to said person for life.

Now if Jen was sneaking around with Justin behind Heidi's back, I'd disagree with that. But if all she did was be friendly/flirty and let the guy make his choice, I don't see how she's the most horrible person ever. I know plenty of people who meet the person they eventually married while they were dating someone else.

Now of course you have to wonder if he'll leave her for me. And I certainly wouldn't waste my time on a guy who had a long term girlfriend or try to do anything underhanded. But huge difference between dating and married, and even long term dating and married. If you dated for that long and never married there's a reason for it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Actually we don't know if there was no cheating involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I agree what did Jen do that was so wrong IF no cheating was involved.
    But even if there was cheating involved, flutzilla1 specifically mentioned what Jen did. Shouldn't it at least be what they did? Or even what he did, since Jen wasn't in a relationship, but he was (if that was the case)? Jen didn't cause the previous relationship to end, he chose to end it and be with Jen instead. That choice was his, not Jen's. If Jen wanted to be with him, and he didn't, he could have said no. He didn't. I've never understood the he/she stole his/her husband/wife argument. Adults can make decisions by themselves - they can choose to stay with their current partner, cheat, or leave their current partner. But the choice is theirs, and they should be held responsible for it.

vCash
    I meant it in a way that I don't care who did what and that we all don't really know the whole story and IMHO it is none of our business anyway.

As far as the subject of cheating is concerned, the only time that I have issue with 'the other woman/ man' is if they are friends/ related to the spouse/partner betrayed on. So it is actually a double betrayal. That is just shytty IMHO...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Actually we don't know if there was no cheating involved.
    This may be true, but doesn't mean we can't make sly, slanderous implications UNTIL THE END OF FRICKIN' TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    But even if there was cheating involved, flutzilla1 specifically mentioned what Jen did. Shouldn't it at least be what they did? Or even what he did, since Jen wasn't in a relationship, but he was (if that was the case)? Jen didn't cause the previous relationship to end, he chose to end it and be with Jen instead. That choice was his, not Jen's. If Jen wanted to be with him, and he didn't, he could have said no. He didn't. I've never understood the he/she stole his/her husband/wife argument. Adults can make decisions by themselves - they can choose to stay with their current partner, cheat, or leave their current partner. But the choice is theirs, and they should be held responsible for it.
    Oh I definetly agree with what your saying too. The whole stealing thing is ridiculous.

vCash
    Actually we don't know if there was no cheating involved. What people say and what people actually do are 2 totally different things. The whole triangle is ridiculous and I don't get why their is still this obsession about it. The other part that annoys me is that he was also with Gwenyth Paltrow in the 90's, so why specifically mention Aniston in this interview?
    Because Gwyneth has a movie out and he doesn't want to give any unneeded publicity to the competition
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast