Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Brad Pitt: I "Felt Pathetic" While Married to Jennifer Aniston

He may have genuinely felt this way and I guess he is just trying to be honest, but OTOH I don't think it's very nice of him to talk this way about her.

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celebr...175106982.html
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    He didn't say that it was her fault, though, just that he was going through an uninteresting phase himself. It's not even clear in the quotes that he mentioned Aniston at all.

Sometimes people don't mature into a happy and fulfilling relationship until later in their lives. It doesn't mean it's anyone's fault or that they hold animosity towards their ex.

vCash
    Talk about her in what way? Her name never comes up.

vCash
    He talks about "the marriage" which she was the other part of. And even if he wasn't naming her directly, or blaming her, I'm just uncomfortable with him going ahead and talking about the experience when AFAIK she has been pretty closemouthed about what went on.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I understand what he's saying.....his feeling "pathetic" probably didn't have anything to do with Jen, it was completely internal. But, like many of us do in our youths, we think that finding that someone is going to make us happy and fulfilled. It doesn't work that way. Finding the right someone can add to your happiness, but someone isn't going to make you happy, per say.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    ...just that he was going through an uninteresting phase himself...
    It's a phase?

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    "I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."
    It´s not terribly sensitive but it isn't the first time he has given an interview where he lets everyone know how Jen was nothing compared to Angelina.

Makes you wonder, casually, why he feels the need to do it. That triangle is so closely scrutinized by the press that you would think he would have figured out how to say he is very happy with his current relationship and very much in love without diminishing or dragging the first wife into it.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    From the article:

On his uninteresting existence with Jennifer Aniston: "I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."
    He's just trying to throw us off the real story. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, and the cover of a magazine said, "Angie Says Get Out!" So clearly the Jolie-Pitt marriage is over and he is deflecting. Pretty sad and pathetic, but I guess that marriage couldn't last forever.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    From the article:

He's just trying to throw us off the real story. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, and the cover of a magazine said, "Angie Says Get Out!" So clearly the Jolie-Pitt marriage is over and he is deflecting. Pretty sad and pathetic, but I guess that marriage couldn't last forever.
    Actually he is trying to save face because we all know that Angie kicked him out because she is now in love with Jennifer and they are going to get married and raise that bunch of kids together

Brad is just feeling bitter ....
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Makes you wonder, casually, why he feels the need to do it. That triangle is so closely scrutinized by the press that you would think he would have figured out how to say he is very happy with his current relationship and very much in love without diminishing or dragging the first wife into it.
    I agree. Very classy guy indeed.

vCash
    Poor Jen. Even if your ex-husband didn't blame you publicly for an uninteresting period of his life, that fact that you were married to him during that period has to make you feel that you were part of the problem.

I think Jen deserves at least one year where no one pans her movies, her acting, her constant singleness, her blandess, etc.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I hated Friends, and especially Rachel on the show, but in the last few years I've come to appreciate Jennifer Aniston. I have the feeling in real life she's a really fun and down to earth person.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I think Jen deserves at least one year where no one pans her movies, her acting, her constant singleness, her blandess, etc.
    I have no interest in panning her personal life (and isn't she with someone now? Someone who left his long time girlfriend for Jennifer? I can't remember his name.). But her movies and her acting? Not my favorite things in the world.

She does seem like a cool person, though.

vCash
    I absolutely love Friends and I will take the Pivot scene over anything Brad has ever done.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Tabloids do not lie. Poor Bradley.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I absolutely love Friends and I will take the Pivot scene over anything Brad has ever done.
    You mean like spear heading a project to rebuild houses in New Orleans after the Katrina disaster?

vCash
    Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with him saying he was unhappy with a certain point in his life. Obviously there was unhappiness for there to have been divorce. If anyone one of us knew personally was talking (in a non-bashing manner) about how how they weren't satisfied with their ex, we wouldn't be talking about how disrespectful they were being. Just because Brad and Jen are in the limelight, I don't think that means he can't mention it.

vCash
    Actually I'm surprised when I go to the grocery store and the tabloids *don't* say "Brad and Angie Finished!!!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with him saying he was unhappy with a certain point in his life. Obviously there was unhappiness for there to have been divorce. If anyone one of us knew personally was talking (in a non-bashing manner) about how how they weren't satisfied with their ex, we wouldn't be talking about how disrespectful they were being. Just because Brad and Jen are in the limelight, I don't think that means he can't mention it.
    It all sounds like excuses for why he cheated on his wife. Blah, blah, blah.

The classy thing would be for him to say nothing, or to take responsibility for what happened, and not whine. Or to explain that he was looking for a dominant, controlling woman who would tell him what to do and when to do it, and how to think about it when it was done.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    My sister telling me her husband was a mistake and the worst time in her life is a lot different then him telling the public what he just did. Those three have been tabloid fodder since before he and Angie hooked up, he knows what he is doing. I just don´t know why he does it. I don't follow them enough to know the timing of everything but it seems to me when one side is getting a lot of press the other side takes over. There have been rumours lately about Jen being pregnant and buying a house together with whoever she is dating. Saw it on some entertainment show and the "reporter" seemed to go with the angle of how nice it was she has found happiness. Now Brad is letting the world know he found his happiness the day he let Angie be the mother of his kids

Seems to be a lot of leftover baggage with this lot. If it's tit for tat Jen is a lot more clever hiding her part in it, him not so much
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast