Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Question for all of you...do you prefer yeast donuts or cake donuts?

vCash
    Definitely cake.

vCash
    60% cake
    40% yeast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Question for all of you...do you prefer yeast donuts or cake donuts?
    I'm not really a donut fan, but I will eat one occasionally. However, since I've been in charge of ordering the donuts for the monthly "Donut Day" at work, I've eaten more in the past year than in the previous decade. I definitely prefer the cake to the raised/yeast kind and I like them pretty plain -- if they have cinnamon sugar on them that's my favorite. We order from a local grocery, Schnuck's (a regional chain here in the midwest), and I always order "an assortment" but specify that at least 4 dozen (of the 20 dozen) be cake donuts. Although, last month they had raspberry filled donuts, and I had one of them for the first time since I was in college. It was very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I was in New York in May travelling with a friend who also is not a Timmys fan. When we saw one Tims, then another, then another, there was much rolling of the eyes. Then we laughed -- "hey, the US has exported enough of their crap junk food to Canada, now it's payback."
    Driving through New York state on our way to Vermont, we stopped at one of the thruway rest areas and got something to eat at the Tim Horton's there. I have never stood in a sloooooower fast food line in my life -- my bil took one look at the line and headed for the burger place (they were featuring something called the "Big Buford" . Anyway, he had placed his order, gotten his food, and finished eating before my sister and I had even placed our order. The sandwich I eventually got was fine, but the wait was ridiculous. I never did sample their donuts, but I got a muffin which was still very good when I got around to eating it 2 days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    If I'm in a strange town without a lot of restaurants, I'm quite happy to go to Timmie's for a sandwich or soup. I don't drink coffee, but the one in Belleville and one near Guelph serve hot apple cidar in the winter and that's very good.
    Maybe the service is better/quicker in non-highway Tim Horton's?

ETA: Krispy Kreme donuts are way too sweet!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234