Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LEO59 View Post
    I've been watching Sking today and Universal Sports has been running a message at the bottom of the screen saying if you have Verizon FIOS you may be losing it on Jan 1 2012..

So it looks like Verizon has not yet signed an agreement to carry it....Cox' Cablevision and Charter as well...
    Arrgh! Come on, Verizon, don't blow this!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    We live in Phila., PA, and our service is from Comcast. So will we be losing
    US coverage as of mid January or not?
    I don't think we know yet. In checking the Universal site, it still says Comcast customers MAY lose Universal on January 1st. The only system that will have Universal for sure is still DirectTV.

I'm still hoping for some announcements before the end of the year. I'm sure Universal wants to make a big splash when the contracts are done. It's just a pain for those of us who would like better information.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Does anyone have any new info on Verizon FIOS still to carry Universal Sports? It seems no one wants to leak any info to us FIOS customers for fear we will cancel FIOS.
    Similar to what LEO59 has seen, last night while I was watching US, it was scrolling across the bottome that if we had Verizon FIOS or COX, we might be losing US.

I am Comcast (and in Phila western suburbs) and Comcast wasn't mentioned in the scroll.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash

New Scroll

I am just now watching Uni Sports skiing .
    A scroll just came on saying :

If you subscribe to COX, starting 1/1/12 you may longer be able to watch Universal Sports.

Call 1-800-55-GET-US or go to IWANTUNIVERSAALSPORTS.COM for more info.

The scrolls I saw yesterday said Comcast or Verizon FIOS. So, maybe, We who have Verizon FIOS will be lucky.
    Last edited by Sandy; 12-18-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: mispelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I don't think we know yet. In checking the Universal site, it still says Comcast customers MAY lose Universal on January 1st. The only system that will have Universal for sure is still DirectTV.

I'm still hoping for some announcements before the end of the year. I'm sure Universal wants to make a big splash when the contracts are done. It's just a pain for those of us who would like better information.
    You won't lose it if you have Comcast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastClub View Post
    You won't lose it if you have Comcast.
    I'm glad you are sure. I'm not.

There has been no official announcement from Universal or Comcast. Something that someone has been told on the phone is not enough for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I'm glad you are sure. I'm not.

There has been no official announcement from Universal or Comcast. Something that someone has been told on the phone is not enough for me.
    Good grief, why are you always the frickin' Voice of Doom on this subject??? Get a grip. Some of us with COMCAST have been assured by that company that we won't be losing UnivSports on our paid digital-cable packages.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I strongly suspect that DirectTV - as the first provider to come to a contractual agreement on this - has as part of their agreement with US that no other providers can make a confirmatory announcement until after Jan 1. After all, this has been one big cooperative ad campaign to draw in DirectTV subscribers while also reminding folks what they get on US. US actually announced this as their "I want Universal Sports" ad marketing campaign back in the summer.
    http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/201...orts-campaign/

Universal Sports has already announced its first major distribution partnership, having launched on DIRECTV nationwide in July, and is in advanced discussions with other distributors to ensure their customers have continued access to the network in 2012.
    They were already in "advanced talks" back in the summer and have made *no* confirmatory announcements about other providers in all this time. IMO, no matter what contracts have been agreed, we will not know officially until after Jan 1.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Actually, there is no distribution deal with Comcast to date. Therefore, on 1/1/12, you will lose Universal Sports Network if you subscribe to Comcast. Not sure why they are telling you otherwise. Please call them and continue to demand the Universal Sports is added to the channel lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep US View Post
    Actually, there is no distribution deal with Comcast to date. Therefore, on 1/1/12, you will lose Universal Sports Network if you subscribe to Comcast. Not sure why they are telling you otherwise. Please call them and continue to demand the Universal Sports is added to the channel lineup.
    How do you know this when Comcast is saying something different?

vCash

vCash

FIOS TV

FYI

I just spoke with a person from FIOS TV after being transferred several times.
    He said that he has no record that Universal Sports channel is going off. His record shows no cancellation as of this date

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Keep US is part of the dual US/DirectTV marketing team whose goal has been to keep this issue going for the consumers as long as possible (that is, until Jan 1); and so, won't actually be providing any real updated information on this.

vCash

No Info for Subscribers

Why can we not get any direct information on this issue? We just receive bits and pieces. It has already beem announced that Verizon will carry a new MSG HD channel. All the TV providers out there such as Comcast, Verizon FIOS, etc must know at this time whether or not they will carry Universal Sports after December 31, 2011. None of these providers are being fair to their subscribers who pay for their services. It is our decision which provider we want to use.
    Last edited by Sandy; 12-23-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    How do you know this when Comcast is saying something different?
    Because he works for Universal Sports and knows what the contracts are. The customer service rep at Comcast only knows what's in their knowledge base of things they are allowed to tell customers.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Because he works for Universal Sports and knows what the contracts are. The customer service rep at Comcast only knows what's in their knowledge base of things they are allowed to tell customers.
    MacMadame I agree 100% what you are saying beause the same is true for Verizon FIOS. I spoke with someone yesterday and they gave me info that they had available to them.

Are you able to find out anything about Verizon FIOS?

The Universal Sports programming, shows Off Air as of 12:00 AM,
    Dec 31,2011 - no program information scheduled at this time due to station downtime. It goes up til 2AM Fri, Jan 6, 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Keep US is part of the dual US/DirectTV marketing team whose goal has been to keep this issue going for the consumers as long as possible (that is, until Jan 1); and so, won't actually be providing any real updated information on this.
    Absolutely, AYS. "Keep US" and a couple of others posting around here, keeping the 'fear fires' burning.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Why can we not get any direct information on this issue?
    Because everyone has to play by the FCC rules.

vCash
    I appreciate having someone who works for Universal Sports check in occasionally with pertinent information. I hope Keep US will continue to post with more updates.

I finally reached someone at my local NBC affiliate who had some answers. They will start broadcasting a health network on January 1st on the channel that has had Universal Sports. So, unless there is an announcement from Universal Sports (and any other provider other than DirectTV) sometime in the next week, I will not have access to Universal Sports come January 1st.

vCash
    I just checked on tvguide.com and it looks like no Universal Sports for me either after Dec. 31st. Grrrrrr.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast